Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone have posted a short review at the IMDB message boards, he claims to be from South Korea and has seen the movie. This is what the review said:

Finally saw it yesterday Iron Man 3.

Pros:
Plane scene. Awesome.
First 30 min. Very interesting
James Rhodes. More scenes.

Cons:
Super soliders. Lame.
Action scenes. Action happens in final.
Tony Stark and kid. Too much Disney movie feel.
Pepper Potts and Aldrich Killian love.
Too much about Virus.
Tony Stark is no more human.

Movie felt more like buddy movie. Tony Stark and James Rhodes were like cops who tried to solve a crime. Very typical movie.
We saw Iron Man only in 1)Plane scene, 2)House, and 3)Final. There was too much talking.

The Mandarin felt worthless. The Mandarin attacked Tony Stark once, and thats it.
The Mandarin plan was to make Extreme Soldier army, and destory america.

Extreme virus is horrible. This is not Iron Man movie. I really don´t want to see more infected, super solider army.
This is what i mean:
http://s3.postimg.org/um4lex9z7/ironman3.jpg
First 30 min - Iron Man movie
Last 100 min - Not Iron Man movie. Even Tony Stark felt like useless.

Iron Man 3 movie had same feel and look as Gangster Squad. Fast camera? I don´t know, but it looked very cheap.

Rating:
Iron Man - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 5/10
Iron Man 3 - 5/10

Greetings from Korea :)

Considering that Iron Man 3 had its premier in South Korea a few days ago, this might be legit, if so, then Iron man 3 is more of a story based film which digs deeper into Tony's character which is a good thing..It seems like all people want is action rather than a good story, we will have to wait and see.

If you guys want, I will post my non-spoiler review when I watch the movie on April 25th because I live in Ireland and the movie comes out early in the UK and Ireland, cheers :)

Slightly better quality of the clip, captured from ITV Player...

That's actually much better quality than the first version. Thank you for posting it.

That was chilling. Mandarin is a stone cold badass in that clip. Kingsley's voice and even the words used reminded me somewhat of Richard Nixon, of all people. That might be hard to pick up for most people because I'm sure that Nixon is even more unfamiliar than Robert Redford these days. The lines, "Good strong name, good strong job... And I'm sure he's a really good guy," remind me of the way many US politicians speak. Most sincerely insincere and bastards one and all.

From the fact that the Mandarin broadcasts his murder directly to Air Force One makes me wonder if this scene takes place just before his attack on the presidential plane. First he showed the president that he meant business, then almost immediately shot him out of the sky. That would be a major development to me because I can't recall any superhero movie in which the leader of any (real) country was assassinated. It really ups the stakes for the Iron Man series because up to now Tony has mostly dealt with threats to his own well-being and business rather than with villains who specifically target and attack civilians.

Someone on that other site was whining that if Tony follows through on his threat to kill the Mandarin he'll become an outlaw and the government will go after him. But it's Mandarin who is the outlaw here, killing innocents and attacking the president. If Stark kills him the government will just pin another medal on him.

Someone have posted a short review at the IMDB message boards, he claims to be from South Korea and has seen the movie. This is what the review said:

Pros:
Plane scene. Awesome.

Cons:
Super soliders. Lame.
Too much about Virus.

Movie felt more like buddy movie. Tony Stark and James Rhodes were like cops who tried to solve a crime. Very typical movie.
We saw Iron Man only in 1)Plane scene, 2)House, and 3)Final. There was too much talking.

The Mandarin felt worthless. The Mandarin attacked Tony Stark once, and thats it.

Extreme virus is horrible. This is not Iron Man movie. I really don´t want to see more infected, super solider army.
This is what i mean:

Iron Man 3 movie had same feel and look as Gangster Squad. Fast camera? I don´t know, but it looked very cheap.

Rating:
Iron Man - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 5/10
Iron Man 3 - 5/10

Considering that Iron Man 3 had its premier in South Korea a few days ago, this might be legit, if so, then Iron man 3 is more of a story based film which digs deeper into Tony's character which is a good thing..It seems like all people want is action rather than a good story, we will have to wait and see.

If you guys want, I will post my non-spoiler review when I watch the movie on April 25th because I live in Ireland and the movie comes out early in the UK and Ireland, cheers :)

That is most likely the troll who posted here for a while and then set up shop at IMDb under several other names after it was banned. He has posted before that he saw the whole movie and it has no action scenes, but gives only details that can be gleaned from reading other posts.

The premiere event in Seoul didn't even feature the entire film; Marvel simply played the same 20 minute preview that it has played elsewhere for the press. So this clown could not have seen IM3 in Seoul or at any other stop on the press tour.

The troll posted several threads here under the name FreedomFreeLife. Look closely and you'll see that it makes the same grammatical error in all of its posts.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=454211

Pros:
Plane scene. Awesome.

Cons:
Super soliders. Lame.
Too much about Virus.

This is what i mean:

Rating:
Iron Man - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 5/10
Iron Man 3 - 5/10

Pay that review no mind.

It is almost word for word the same things a troll has been saying on these forums for weeks. Definitely the same guy, definitely not legit.

You seen any of the Iron Man toys in the stores yet? They got displays up already and a couple are actually spoilers if accurate.

Pros:
Plane scene. Awesome.

Cons:
Super soliders. Lame.
Too much about Virus.

This is what i mean:

Rating:
Iron Man - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 5/10
Iron Man 3 - 5/10

This same guy posted a video on YouTube.

[YT]sCNrK-n68CM[/YT]

--------------------------------------

That guy is an obvious troll.

You seen any of the Iron Man toys in the stores yet? They got displays up already and a couple are actually spoilers if accurate.
The only places I've been too are Target and Walmart both had the 4 inch hasbro figures and a few things like the Replusors and 10 figures

Darth, do YOURSELF a favor and read the newest Empire article. There you'll see everything I'M talking about. Also I said superhero genre NOT action genre at large, in which point name one superhero movie that doesn't have a showdown and instead has him get away. I'm not the only one saying it - Shane Black and Kevin Feige ARE the guys who said it. So you aren't arguing against me - you're arguing against the guys who MADE the film. And I figure THEY know what they're saying. Deconstruct then go against - as said the PRESIDENT of Marvel films - goes without saying... 'Nuff said...

Last edited:
That South Korean review is exactly why Hollywood has been dumbing down (even more than usual) their blockbusters. Non-English speaking audiences are turned off by long stretches of dialogue that is not in their native tongue. Which makes it easy to miss the wit and the nuances of language that makes it possible to grasp them.

Which is why it's a miracle that Skyfall made as much as it did. Considering that it was the most talkative Bond movie since From Russia With Love.

Edit: Fake. But I have read legit foreign reviews like that of Skyfall. So my point still stands.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind the way the movie was described honestly. Reviews like that tend to embellish on the fact it's not acting every couple minutes or the hero isn't suited up the entire time.

Yes, that review seems to be from that guy who only needs action and doesn't like storytelling. We shouldn't pay too much attention to this.

So the South Korean review was fake?

I f**king hope it is.

That is the same person who posted several threads in this section saying the exact same things the exact same way: IM3 has no action, only three action scenes, etc. Only now at IMDb he's pretending to have actually seen the film. Marvel did not play the entire movie in South Korea; they only showed the audience a 20 minute preview at a press event. That is what they are doing at all of the events on RDJ's world tour because the whole film will not be screened until the actual world premiere on April 17th. So this is an obvious fake by an obvious troll.

That troll is going to keep on trolling the same way for as long as he can, hoping that people fall for it. He always gets a few people scared so it's working.

That review is DEFINITELY a fake. He also had an account at boxoffice forums and posted several fake reviews of recent marvel movies like The Avengers, X-Men First Class, and Thor. He is a troll, and goes by the name Nebstein on the other board. Don't pay him any attention. Fricken troll.

I love how even when trying to say the movie's bad he basically says that there's too much story and not enough action.

Darth, do YOURSELF a favor and read the newest Empire article. There you'll see everything I'M talking about. Also I said superhero genre NOT action genre at large, in which point name one superhero movie that doesn't have a showdown and instead has him get away. I'm not the only one saying it - Shane Black and Kevin Feige ARE the guys who said it. So you aren't arguing against me - you're arguing against the guys who MADE the film. And I figure THEY know what they're saying. Deconstruct then go against - as said the PRESIDENT of Marvel films - goes without saying... 'Nuff said...

This is a funny response. We are on a discussion board, a place where most spend their days discussing films. The film makers vision and whether or not they achieved their goals are the basis of nearly all these discussions.

Last edited:
Wait until you see it or at the very least read it, and then you can talk. I find it "funny" that you're talking like you know everything, yet as far as I know you have yet to read it or see it. Wait and see. And then you'll see. They found the classic staples then went against them beat by beat. Watchmen is an analysis, this is more deconstruct in order to find what to go against which they did. Every to most beats feels like they go against rather than for the grain.

Last edited:
Wait until you see it or at the very least read it, and then you can talk. I find it funny that you're talking like you know everything, yet as far as I know you have yet to read it or see it. Wait and see. And then you'll see. They found the classic staples then went against them beat by beat.

Read your original post. Done almost as fact. This very post see you doing the exact same thing. Read your final sentence.

Genuine question, have you seen the movie? I am pretty sure there have been screenings done already, so I know it is quite possible. But if you haven't, you need to understand you are doing exactly what you are accusing me off.

Though even if you have seen it, your points don't point to a deconstruction of the genre. If it like watching an episode of Top Chef when some prepares a dish, and calls it a deconstruction and then is told flat out that isn't what it is.

A lot of fake misinformation has come out about the movie and a lot of it came from 4chan :D .

Here's a reading comprehension tip for you:

or at the very least read it

While some things might change, not a lot of it, and I truly don't think much of it.

Once again:

or at the very least read it

Facts already issued by Marvel.

And as I said, I'll take you seriously when you READ or see it. As it stands, I've had just about enough of this and still agree that it is what Kevin Feige set out for it to be with Shane Black's expertise.

Last edited:
Here's a reading comprehension tip for you:

While some things might change, not a lot of it, and I truly don't think much of it.

Once again:

Facts already issued by Marvel.

And as I said, I'll take you seriously when you READ or see it. As it stands, I've had just about enough of this and still agree that it is what Kevin Feige set out for it to be with Shane Black's expertise.
You are going off a novelization of the movie? Really?

Enough of what? You used a phrase, and then seem to completely misunderstand it. What you put down was not an example of it, and I said so. Now you are acting all offended. I am not attacking you. But this does seem a common thing to do here. Say something, not really have much in the way of defending it, so you just start acting like someone is attacking you.

It's as close to the script right now and...

Ask yourself why outside of toys we have yet to hear about a fight between Mandarin and Iron Man. Toys sells us all kind of things that never happen. It's their job to create playsets to play around in - not to replicate the film.

And everything else matches in line with Shane Blackism -- not something a writer would invent. Plus, it's not the writer's job to invent -- it's to remain true.

A superhero having a panic attack and falling down after a bunch of kids threaten him and his new sidekick -- that has Shane Black written all over it.

What phrase? I'm simply saying I agree with the filmmakers because I see what they see and what they said.

I'm also accusing you of not having seen it or ---- read it --- so it's not the same thing.

So, what are you getting at exactly?

ps. I'm just naturally sarcastic a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"