Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great clip! I love Kingsley's delivery in it. Very low-key sinister.

awesome seeing Kingsley at his best.
i really hope they get up close and personal with Mandarin and IM.

The whole third act seems to have changed in that...

Pepper is taken prisoner to the docks -- whereas in the film she is taken onboard Air Force One (she was not there in the book).

Mandarin I doubt would be a bigger presence however because they'd need to almost cram him in there the way it is now.

He might take it. He keeps on getting panic attacks. Maybe it's at the very end though and it's the only thing that can keep him alive.

Pepper is not in Air Force one, if you are referring to that women Tony Grabs onto first when people are falling out of the plane,that's just an air hostess,not Pepper :D

We're talking about a guy who humiliated Ben Stiller because Stiller was being an ass to the crew and RDJ stood up for them. We're talking about that guy. The guy who Shane Black helped restart his career and RDJ just repaid the favor by standing behind him for this film.

What incident are you talking about? I can't find any information about this. The only thing I can think of that even sounds remotely like this is the ending of an episode of Extras where Ricky Gervais did exactly this to Ben Stiller playing himself as a director, which was long before Tropic Thunder went into production.

That or George Clooney fighting David O. Russell on Three Kings for also bullying crew and extras.

Again, no information on RDJ humiliating Ben Stiller.

What incident are you talking about? I can't find any information about this. The only thing I can think of that even sounds remotely like this is the ending of an episode of Extras where Ricky Gervais did exactly this to Ben Stiller playing himself as a director, which was long before Tropic Thunder went into production.

That or George Clooney fighting David O. Russell on Three Kings for also bullying crew and extras.

Again, no information on RDJ humiliating Ben Stiller.

Agreed, I've never heard of this.

Wait, The Mandarin isn't the main baddie here? All the build up, and it isn't him? Is this a joke?

Wait, The Mandarin isn't the main baddie here? All the build up, and it isn't him? Is this a joke?

that was the main ongoing rumor this past month...
but the novel info suggested by some posters here say
that [BLACKOUT] Killian is the one Tony fights at the end but Mandarin manages to escape...so we are hoping a better build up from Mandarin and his return for next iron man movie as a full fledged villain. [/BLACKOUT]

he always gives his best performance, but yes Gandhi is the top...
but Prince of persia is not among them...
Kingsley gives his all the vast majority of the time. The problem is that sometimes the material just isn't good enough.

that was the main ongoing rumor this past month...
but the novel info suggested by some posters here say
that [BLACKOUT] Killian is the one Tony fights at the end but Mandarin manages to escape...so we are hoping a better build up from Mandarin and his return for next iron man movie as a full fledged villain. [/BLACKOUT]
That sounds pretty weak if true. Especially considering the advertising.

Kingsley gives his all the vast majority of the time. The problem is that sometimes the material just isn't good enough.

Agree. I have no problem with Killian being the main villain but if Mandarin is that minor I will feel tricked.

Also the Jonathan Ross clip doesn't seem to work anymore :(

man it's so hard to keep up with this thread! can't wait for this flick less than a month to go

So, MARVEL is going to start making four films a year? It's obvious that in order to pave way there will need to be more time in-between.

Why not? What's stopping Marvel from making four films a year? As they establish their name further and perhaps make middle budget superhero films I can see up to five a year.

Then you have Avengers. Main point being, RDJ is quite clearly not going to jump ship right before they get to the finale of the story he started with.
Assumption being Avengers 3 is a conclusion of anything. As I've said before, I think Marvel has more vision than a standard Hollywood three part narrative.

Nobody's saying not the same continuity. And here moreso than in James Bond. But, Mandarin will not remain a bad guy for every single Iron Man film. You're not going to have Mandarin staying the big bad in the sixth film. That would just be repetitive and horrible story-telling. With the way this film ends it's obvious that he is the big bad in the forth film. Then there will be another big bad for the next set of Iron Man films probably.
Great. I don't remember saying I want Mandarin for every film.

And hey, you're free to be cynical - but from the insider stories I've heard about him, that's not him. Some actors take below salary even if they believe in a film and the film needs its budget elsewhere and THAT is the kind of guy RDJ is.
After what he made on the Avengers, his salary will continue to inflate beyond Marvel's cost/profit margin eventually. I guess time will tell if he is as angelic as you say he is and start taking smaller pay checks because he loves the character.

Clip on Jonathan Ross was interesting even though it was shorter than a TV spot. Kingsley first explained that he based his character on somebody who felt righteous - a villain who thinks he is right which makes it scarier. He said the accent can't be defined but there was definitely an American tone to it in the clip. The clip showed how much access The Mandarin has to the media as he says 'I will shoot him, in the head in 30 seconds, live on television. The pauses were perfect and he sounded so sinister. Can't wait to see more!

No he said that the Mandarin had an American accent because then when the American's see him on television it's that much scarier hearing these words that they don't understand coming from someone who sounds like them.

If the Mandarin does escape in this film, maybe they wrap him up in Avengers 2?

Tony doesn't take...
Extremis. That operation with Dr.Wu takes place early in the movie and enables Tony to control the Mark 42.
Black: At the beginning of this movie there are 42 suits. The newest one is based on a technology that was sort of hinted at in the comics, but we do it a slightly different way. Tony has basically put little outlets subcutaneously beneath his exterior layer of skin that can draw the suit to him when he wants it, so it’s still rock solid, still protects him from bullets, but it’s also flexible enough so that he could just throw the suit off him at someone else. I remember Drew Pearce, my co-writer, and I went sort of hog wild when we were told that there should be extra suits.
Source - http://www.philstar.com/movies/2013/04/01/925706/writer-director-shane-black-talks-about-iron-man-3

Why not? What's stopping Marvel from making four films a year? As they establish their name further and perhaps make middle budget superhero films I can see up to five a year.

Assumption being Avengers 3 is a conclusion of anything. As I've said before, I think Marvel has more vision than a standard Hollywood three part narrative.

Great. I don't remember saying I want Mandarin for every film.

After what he made on the Avengers, his salary will continue to inflate beyond Marvel's cost/profit margin eventually. I guess time will tell if he is as angelic as you say he is and start taking smaller pay checks because he loves the character.

I hope so. I am sick of all these trilogies talk. Thor 3, Avengers 3, Iron Man 3. Why do those have to be the end? Really messes with storytelling.

Tony doesn't take...
Extremis. That operation with Dr.Wu takes place early in the movie and enables Tony to control the Mark 42. Source - http://www.philstar.com/movies/2013/04/01/925706/writer-director-shane-black-talks-about-iron-man-3

I thought that was obvious.

From the SDCC scene description alone, before Extremis was even confirmed, you could deduce Tony wasn't using extremis to attract the armor.

During that scene, he taps something in his arm to make it work. That wouldn't happen with Extremis.

keep in mind that novel endings are not in theatrical ones....

I thought that was obvious.

From the SDCC scene description alone, before Extremis was even confirmed, you could deduce Tony wasn't using extremis to attract the armor.

During that scene, he taps something in his arm to make it work. That wouldn't happen with Extremis.

if tony does use extremis later, i hope its better implemented then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"