Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...but can you at least answer these round-a-bout questions?

1. After having seen the film, do you think there are more stories to tell involving the Mandarin in the MCU?

nope - although with some clever writing (i.e what I thought in my mind was going to happen in the film) then yes

2. Do you think this "twist" will have further repercussions in other MCU films, or does it seem pretty self-contained within the Iron Man 3 story?

self contained

3. Is this twist revealed to the other major characters in the film (Tony, Pepper, Rhodey, etc.), or only to the audience?

revealed to everyone within the film, predominately Tony and Rhodey

For those that have seen, would you rate this as the best 3rd act in a Superhero Franchise?

I realize that's not saying much, but as disappointed as I've been with a lot of the 3rd acts, and how most of them have not held up over time, or that I remember them in a bad way, I think it's important if this is the last "Iron Man" branded film with RDJ (I think he will be in Avengers 2), that this goes out with a bang.

it's the 4th act ;)

yeah for me its the best 3rd part in a superhero trilogy - but this is from someone who was disappointed with TDKR

1. I really don't think so.

2. It can, but only on a small scale. But it felt pretty much self-contained as it mostly revolved around Tony.

3. Both Tony and the audience at the same time.

Really appreciate your answers here. My interest is really piqued.

One more question, though, if you'll allow...

In your opinion... aside from how well this twist works, disregarding the absence of the alien rings, and despite how good Sir Ben Kingsley's performance is... do you honestly think they've done the comic-book character of The Mandarin justice?

it's the 4th act ;)

yeah for me its the best 3rd part in a superhero trilogy - but this is from someone who was disappointed with TDKR

Ha! good point. In fact the AMC marathon is showing IM1, IM2, and Avengers, then IM3.

I'm glad to hear that though, and I too was also disappointed with DKR.

Good thing film is subjective.

Really appreciate your answers here. My interest is really piqued.

One more question, though, if you'll allow...

In your opinion... aside from how well this twist works, disregarding the absence of the alien rings, and despite how good Sir Ben Kingsley's performance is... do you honestly think they've done the comic-book character of The Mandarin justice?
Tough question...
I'm gonna say not really. But at the same time I have to stress that it worked for me in the context of the film. But not what you expected at all. And the twist makes your question a little tricky to answer.

And yeah, it's a solid 3rd entry.

So Iron Man is the series that wasted 2 instead of 3. Feels like this might be the "real sequel", and 2 was truly a stop gap to the Avengers. I'll take it. :D

http://youtu.be/w9wi0cPrU4U?t=6s

tumblr_mkfr2nnPMa1qgcra2o1_500.gif

So is the [BLACKOUT]Stark talking to Banner after-credits[/BLACKOUT] scene legit?

So is the [BLACKOUT]Stark talking to Banner after-credits[/BLACKOUT] scene legit?

Im sure it is... but it would be the equivalent to the Swarma scene.. shown at the very end but there will be a mid credit scene that ties more into future phase 2 films

Im sure it is... but it would be the equivalent to the Swarma scene.. shown at the very end but there will be a mid credit scene that ties more into future phase 2 films
Why would they omit the mid-credit scene in the Europe premieres?

the movie doesnt official come out internationally until the 26th so im sure they could wait until then.... im pretty sure the premier for the avengers didnt have the swarma scene.

yeah, I assumed actually that's what they were going to do.

also on a side note, can't believe I havent asked this yet, but for those who saw the movie, was there a Thor trailer? or no, since it's not officially released yet?

I have a question for those who caught the film: does the Mandarin survive the film?

Screenings don't usually have trailers or tag scenes. I saw the screener of Cap before it came out. It went straight into the movie and we didn't get the scene at the end with Fury and the cube.

For those that have seen it: Could you please please please tell me if War Machine (not the Iron Patriot Armor) is in the climatic battle? Growing up, I always loved seeing them fight together.

I went to two different screenings of The Avengers (fan screening and another press screening) and neither one had the shwarma scene.

a few more twitter reactions

Iron Man 3 was simply perfection. #ironman3 #marvel

Iron Man 3 was pretty damn awesome. Lots of surprises, laughs and unexpected brutality. I'm already looking forward to seeing it again.

So it was fun being at the IRON MAN 3 premiere. And the film? Just effing brilliant. A-

Well Iron Man 3 was pretty epic. My fave so far...or was it??!! @dynamodiana87

Iron Man 3 good fun! Some really funny lines and Downey Jnr on great form. Well done Drew Pearce!

Iron Man 3 just won cinema.

"IRON MAN 3 is amazing. Quite possibly the best solo Marvel movie yet. There's a twist which might upset some, but I loved it!" PLOT TWIST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"