Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Just got back from my first viewing. I loved it. Lots of emotional stuff with Tony and the fallout from really being the MCU's first superhero and how he deals with being part of the larger world now that Cap is unfrozen and the Battle of New York.

The [blackout] twist didn't bother me that much, because I though Killian was a decent villain. With his dragon tattoos and everything, the MCU basically just merged comic Killian with the Mandarin. Worked for me. :up: [/blackout]

To the people who actually wanted to believe Jawtug,

C'MON SON! Seriously. There was nothing in the movie that really talked about bodies or clean up in New York where that STUPID story would've made any sense. Just throw a Peter Parker cameo there at the end? I mean for what? It would've been horrible.

And mid-credits? Right after the jazzy Iron Man closing credits and theme? Uh no to that as well. Would've made no sense.

Just got out of my show. I must say idk how I feel about the movie, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I'd rank it below IM1 but better than IM2. Seeing it again tomorrow, hopefully I can get a better grasp on it. I think as a movie it is pretty good, but as an adaptation of a comic book, meh.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a huge fan of "the twist", but I think it was open ended enough for it to be changed in future MCU movies.

I'm also not a fan of
Tony no longer needing the arc reactor chest piece. It's sort of like making Rogue able to touch people without a problem, or Cyclops not needing ruby quartz lenses...

Also, why is it that
the arc reactor no longer powers the suits? Why did they have to be charged if the reactor in Tony's chest piece still had sufficient power? I feel this wasn't properly explained.

So did Jawtug's shenanigans earn him a permaban or just a vacation?

lol I wanted to hear Jawtug explain himself before the ban :(

lol I wanted to hear Jawtug explain himself before the ban :(

That was never going to happen. A troll doesn't change their spots. Just like the BS'ing with Thanos, he would have just continued to lie and con.

That was never going to happen. A troll doesn't change their spots. Just like the BS'ing with Thanos, he would have just continued to lie and con.

that's my favorite part! when trolls dig themselves deeper into a hole!

that's my favorite part! when trolls dig themselves deeper into a hole!

I suppose it can be in a way, but what annoys me is that some people will believe them and it annoys me that people put faith in these trolls.

I don't either. Some people just like stir **** and watch the mess that ensues. Some people are just sad that way.

Really liked the symbolism of [BLACKOUT]Pepper taking out the Mark VII to use its arm to kill Killian. Destroying a source of Tony's anxiety. Edit: I just remembered the Mk. VII blew up in the house attack but the armor that Pepper destroyed sure looked like the Mk. VII.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Really liked the symbolism of [BLACKOUT]Pepper taking out the Mark VII to use its arm to kill Killian. Destroying a source of Tony's anxiety. Edit: I just remembered the Mk. VII blew up in the house attack but the armor that Pepper destroyed sure looked like the Mk. VII.[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah it did, I actually thought that myself.

I'm going to post this is a few forums to try and get an answer, but does anyone know what the context of the Dowton Abbey scene is that is on[BLACKOUT] at the Hospital when Happy is in there?[/BLACKOUT] Because the one writer said that it is important to the future, and I've never watched the show myself so I don't know the characters of the scene. Anyone help with that?

I would like to know that too. I don't know the significance of that reference either.

I would like to know that too. I don't know the significance of that reference either.

I'm no Downton Abbey fan, but from what I've heard it involves a chauffeur who falls in love with a rich and powerful lady. (Hint: Happy Hogan, a former chauffeur, marries Pepper Potts in the comics.)

It was obvious that he has a slight crush on Potts in these flicks, though would never act on it.

I'm no Downton Abbey fan, but from what I've heard it involves a chauffeur who falls in love with a rich and powerful lady. (Hint: Happy Hogan, a former chauffeur, marries Pepper Potts in the comics.)

okay thanks.. was hoping for something 'bigger' I guess haha.

I see. That's a good reference in retrospect. I doubt they'll actually go that way with the movies though.

Good lord, I'm the only one here who watches Downton Abbey. :funny:

That was Branson the chauffeur, who married Lady Sybil.

And [blackout] Sybil died giving birth to their daughter this past season, and it was devastating. [/blackout]

I've never really heard anyone talk about it, (that I know at least). I always thought it was a kind of 'girly' show.. but I assume that I'm wrong in that assumption? lol

That was Branson the chauffeur, who married Lady Sybil.

And [blackout] Sybil died giving birth to their daughter this past season, and it was devastating. [/blackout]

But I'm British (well at least until 2014 and then who knows... ), I already live that life. I don't need to watch a fictionalised version. :o

Actually, that could be another level to the reference since [BLACKOUT]Happy who is also married to Pepper dies in the comic.[/BLACKOUT]

I've never really heard anyone talk about it, (that I know at least). I always thought it was a kind of 'girly' show.. but I assume that I'm wrong in that assumption? lol

Well, I am a girl, so...I like it. And I've never, ever been a soap opera fan, but Downton I'm addicted to.

But I'm British (well at least until 2014 and then who knows... ), I already live that life. I don't need to watch a fictionalised version. :o

Actually, that could be another level to the reference since [BLACKOUT]Happy who is also married to Pepper dies in the comic.[/BLACKOUT]

I'm just teasing. :oldrazz:

I figure it's either the chauffeur thing, or Maggie Smith is joining the Avengers. Which would be kinda awesome.

I will never drink the Downton Kool Aid. Nevah. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"