Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind guys, the are still shooting and they haven't even begun post production. They could easily make simple color changes, in post production. Still I really like the armor, and I'm beginning to think this is not the final armor, but an intermediary step.

we know from Avengers and the Comicon footage, Tony was working on a way to have the armor seamlessly connect with him. In Avengers, the Mark VII was designed to attach on him using those magnetic bracelets, and in this film he has armor that is able to remotely attach to him, where different parts fly accross the room and attach to him.

From the concept art we see Tony fighting with part of the Mark VIII armor, I'm guessing this is durring the Malibu estate invasion, and he's trying to escape. This is going to happen probably midway through the film, so in other words folks I do NOT think this is the Extremis armor.

I have to wonder what it would look like if it were silver instead of gold.

Wow, the footage sounds amazing. I remember when they first announced they were doing an Iron Man film and thinking that they had to have Mandarin. So, to finally add him is a long time coming. With Ben freaking Kingsley playing him no less.

The only bad thing I really dislike about the footage shown is that Iron Man's old armor gets destroyed. Not that it will affect the plot or anything, but, it makes me a sad geek to see such a cool trophy room like that blown up. :csad:

Wow, the footage sounds amazing. I remember when they first announced they were doing an Iron Man film and thinking that they had to have Mandarin. So, to finally add him is a long time coming. With Ben freaking Kingsley playing him no less.

The only bad thing I really dislike about the footage shown is that Iron Man's old armor gets destroyed. Not that it will affect the plot or anything, but, it makes me a sad geek to see such a cool trophy room like that blown up. :csad:

As I've said before, I was hoping the hall of armor went into evacuation mode, each display closing up, and each shooting out of the mansion into the sky like rockets, and rondavue to a safe spot, like to Stark Tower in New York.

the footage description sounded pretty cool. you guys think we'll get a teaser with dark knight rises? man of steel will be there. would be a wasted opportunity to not give the fans something with tdkr.

yes they're competitors , but i saw tdkr trailers with amazing spiderman and avengers.

Did the description say that Mandarin had his rings?

And the rings do function as weapons?

What was all this talk about Black not wanting the Mandarin before and that he wouldn't have the rings etc, but now we get just that? Black seemed the most vehement about Mandy being a racist character and that we might not see actual rings.

I hope he's wearing some oriental robes. Would've preferred a real asian for the role still.

the footage description sounded pretty cool. you guys think we'll get a teaser with dark knight rises? man of steel will be there. would be a wasted opportunity to not give the fans something with tdkr.

yes they're competitors , but i saw tdkr trailers with amazing spiderman and avengers.

nah i dont think thats gonna happen because man of steel is warner bros and movies dont advertisement another movie that releases a year unless their parent company matches

What was all this talk about Black not wanting the Mandarin before and that he wouldn't have the rings etc, but now we get just that? Black seemed the most vehement about Mandy being a racist character and that we might not see actual rings.

I hope he's wearing some oriental robes. Would've preferred a real asian for the role still.

I think they are trying to play politics because they don't want to see the film blocked from China.

I just hope that Mandarin doesn't become Black's Venom like it was for Raimi where he didn't want to have the character in the movie but was forced by the studio to shoehorn it in. IM3 already is sounding rather overloaded with characters. I just hope it doesn't spiral out of control and we think we're getting something good (as SM3 looked in previews) but turned out to be one big mess. However, I feel that IM2 has slightly gone down that road already, so they better redeem themselves.

I just hope that Mandarin doesn't become Black's Venom like it was for Raimi where he didn't want to have the character in the movie but was forced by the studio to shoehorn it in. IM3 already is sounding rather overloaded with characters. I just hope it doesn't spiral out of control and we think we're getting something good (as SM3 looked in previews) but turned out to be one big mess. However, I feel that IM2 has slightly gone down that road already, so they better redeem themselves.

RDJ acknowledges that. When he talked about IM2, you could tell there was regret in some of the decisions made for that movie.

Some of the plot points from IM3 suggest they're telling something very different. And having IM1 as an example for 'do' and IM2 for 'don't", it's a good thing.

nah i dont think thats gonna happen because man of steel is warner bros and movies dont advertisement another movie that releases a year unless their parent company matches

that's actually not true... The Dark Knight Rises previews were attached to The Amazing Spider-Man

that's actually not true... The Dark Knight Rises previews were attached to The Amazing Spider-Man

ya but TDKR was not a year away from TASM...
its like last year when they teased TDKR with The last Harry Potter movie because they both are warner bros...

well I'm sure Mandarin was in the script when he came onboard, so I can only assume he agreed to it coming on the project.

Rescue would be the worst idea ever for this movie. Nobody wants it and it would be incredibly cheesy. There are enough armored and combatants in this. I'd rather see Hogan in a suit than Tony's secretary.

Agreed.
Gwyneth Paltrow donning a suit would be cringe worthy. Let's hope they stay away from that for as long as possible.

Soo, can we finally say that the guy in the Patriot armor is just a stand in?

Apparently from one of the digital sculptors on IM3.

Some IronMan3 I modeled!!! Suit has been revealed, so I can show my work :D
tumblr_m77ns3lLR71rsqukwo1_1280.jpg

i guess so...but still i hope the design returns back to WM by the end of the movie

I'm sure it'll be a case of the US military using WM as a propaganda tool -- i.e., a modern Captain America -- and Rhodey eventually saying "screw this" and going back to the old style.

Or maybe even finish up with Rhodey donning the Eidolon armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"