Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Mandarin has clearly had the ten rings since before the first movie.

His rings were metaphors before though for his crime operations. And each head of a "ring" also wore a ring (Obadiah stane took his from the middle Eastern guy, and Justin hammer wire one as well) those weren't power rings Mandarin wears.... It'd be easy to imagine that maybe he adapts his own power rings with chitari tech

I'm sure this has been said over and over, but I'd love a touch more of red on the chest.

Something like this would have been great:

qkQjX.png

I still like the suit though, it's growing on me.
Throw some more red on the shoulders and the one on the left would be perfect.

The website kind of scares me with the way it presents itself and the music.

FYI guys, Shane Black and co. addressed the complaints about the armor being gold and said there are more than one. So this isn't the only one.

Yeah. Didn't they also say this movie would have the most armors?

So than is the gold armor supposed to have a special function?

I don't mind this armour so much if it just features briefly like the suitcase armour. If it's a speciality armour, then that is fine. However, I prefer the traditional colour scheme, especially when he does battle with the Mandarin. That's the colour iconography I want to see on screen.

Also in the footage Stark's malibu home is leveled, completely destroyed and leveled into the ocean. All the previous armors are destroyed.

Pepper was in the mansion with Iron Man in full armor when they are attacked by choppers. We see Pepper getting blown back but not her fate. I assume since there was a flash of her looking in wreckage and seeing Iron Man's faceplate she does survive. Iron Man is dragged into the ocean with all the wreckage.

What kind of choppers? Did they look like US military, or were they "black ops," or something else? Just wondering who exactly is attacking his house.

I really hope Marvel listens to the fan feedback & adds some more red in via CGI. The costume isn't bad, but Iron Man is red & gold. Not gold with bits of red.

Well that's not the only suit. According to Black and Feige it is just one of many that will be in the movie.

What kind of choppers? Did they look like US military, or were they "black ops," or something else? Just wondering who exactly is attacking his house.
They looked like military choppers that were armed to the teeth with weapons.

I assume its Mandarin's forces that have attacked.

They looked like military choppers that were armed to the teeth with weapons.

I assume its Mandarin's forces that have attacked.
I'd probably think that the Mandarin is some type of rich businessman from Asia and has the money to have a group of heavily armed mercenary team protecting him and carrying out attacks on his enemies.

I really hope Marvel listens to the fan feedback & adds some more red in via CGI. The costume isn't bad, but Iron Man is red & gold. Not gold with bits of red.

They really don't. It's an alternate suit. Most likely, it's not going to be permanent, and it's probably painted that way to emphasize that extremis virus. Not to mention, like almost every costume in a superhero movie, it'll look better in motion.

"I just like hanging out with the people; they kind of instil me. I feel like I'm at a filling station getting all kind of juice from the fans and then I'm gonna go and put that to use in the second half of the shoot."

"We're not as serious as The Dark Knight, but Tony definitely has, and always has historically in the comic books even more so, his inner demons. We did a little of that in Iron Man 2, but if you think about someone who saw the skies open up and came through a wormhole and fought off alien species, suffice to say he's a little rattled."

"Well, here's my problem. Every time one of my movies comes out, I think it's going to be the #3 biggest movie of all-time. And so, it's really weird, it's like I cried wolf and one actually showed up this time!"

"I dunno, I just said, 'While I'm still physically able, I'd like to leave it all on the field and I would like there to be ten moments where people wonder how I was stupid enough to actually do that stunt.' Most of all me."

-- Downey Jr.

Considering Stark reveals this armor near the beginning or middle of the movie, I'm really doubting that this is the final armor that he wears at the end of the movie.

I'd probably think that the Mandarin is some type of rich businessman from Asia and has the money to have a group of heavily armed mercenary team protecting him and carrying out attacks on his enemies.

I don't doubt that Mandarin could foot the bill for mercenary choppers to attack the house in Malibu, but seems less likely to me than the possibility that it's US military. God knows things have been coming to a head between Stark and the military for --- well, all the movies --- and I think we'll see them outlaw him here. I get the impression that these small-town scenes they're filming and Shane Black's comments that Tony will be alone and in "his cave again" show that he'll be on the run at some point.

Honestly it sort of reminds me of some of the alternate action figure variants with the different color schemes.

I'm not sure it will be Extremis per se. In the footage Tony was having the armor was flying and attaching itself to his body automatically in separate pieces. He did tap his arm at one point so perhaps he put some sort of injection or magnet implants in his body so the armor knows where to go. Either way I'm not sure if it was the Extremis or some new fancy remote controlled army.

I saw this on twitter about an hour ago. Can't say im in that majority.

Kevin Feige: "Everyone at this table thinks it would be the coolest thing in the world to see Pepper get in the suit at some point..."”

I saw this on twitter about an hour ago. Can't say im in that majority.

Kevin Feige: "Everyone at this table thinks it would be the coolest thing in the world to see Pepper get in the suit at some point..."”

Me neither.

it makes sense in a way that pepper would get some sort of suit. I could see him giving her a version of the suitcase suit as a protection measure... enable her to get to safety if the **** hits the fan again like it did in New York in Avengers.

Give it the rescue colours and voila..... homage complete

I could deal with a Rescue homage, as long as it's brief and well done. Perhaps it's what gets her out of the collapsing mansion during the attack?

I could deal with a Rescue homage, as long as it's brief and well done. Perhaps it's what gets her out of the collapsing mansion during the attack?

it makes sense in a way that pepper would get some sort of suit. I could see him giving her a version of the suitcase suit as a protection measure... enable her to get to safety if the **** hits the fan again like it did in New York in Avengers.

Give it the rescue colours and voila..... homage complete

i agree. I think an homage is fine, but i don't want her brought into battle with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"