Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently from one of the digital sculptors on IM3.

tumblr_m77ns3lLR71rsqukwo1_1280.jpg

The armor on the bottom right is the War Machine Iron Patriot painted armor.

nah i dont think thats gonna happen because man of steel is warner bros and movies dont advertisement another movie that releases a year unless their parent company matches

TDKR third trailer debuted with the Avengers remember.

Agreed.
Gwyneth Paltrow donning a suit would be cringe worthy. Let's hope they stay away from that for as long as possible.

I don't wanna see her fight or anything like that, but I wouldn't mind seeing her have her own suit for when his house gets attacked. We hear Tony and Pepper both get blown away by the explosion, so if a suit flew to her and rescued (hah) her, it would be pretty cool.

After all, if you were a genius billionaire with a publicly known identity, wouldn't you wanna give your girlfriend some kind of protection?
He's basically mass-producing these suits anyway

the" star shaped reactor" is painted on... it's not actually a star

nah i dont think thats gonna happen because man of steel is warner bros and movies dont advertisement another movie that releases a year unless their parent company matches
Yeah, that's why there were trailers for The Dark Knight Rises in front of both The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Hey everybody. I was at the Iron man 3 press conference. The Super Patriot army is in fact Rhodey's suit and they confirmed that at the press conference. They simply said it was Rhodey's suit.

Mandarin did have oriental robes.

During the panel, Shane Black also said this, "We have a lot of interlocking parts and they are all connected. . . not separate like Spider-Man 3.'

Last edited:
Did he look fu manchu? Did the rings have different colored gems, did they look alien?

Not really like Fu Manchu. Maybe like Fu Manchu's more hip and modern grandson slightly.

The rings looked dark and couldn't really see any sparkling gems in them. Alien? I mean, they looked like rings, not really anything alien.

I think the ring weaponry (if any) will be handled through technology, not through magic/alien technology. I know in avengers Tony was introduced to the world of "magic", but from what Fiege said, he's now back in his own universe...one of technology.

Mandarin has been reinterpreted numerous times, and even the film version of Tony has been reinvented of sorts from the comics, so it's not a big surprise here.

I think the important thing to get on Mandarin as him as a master manipulator and the guy pulling the strings.

Can't wait for this. The footage description is boss too. This movie will hopefully blow us all away

Also in the footage Stark's malibu home is leveled, completely destroyed and leveled into the ocean. All the previous armors are destroyed.

Pepper was in the mansion with Iron Man in full armor when they are attacked by choppers. We see Pepper getting blown back but not her fate. I assume since there was a flash of her looking in wreckage and seeing Iron Man's faceplate she does survive. Iron Man is dragged into the ocean with all the wreckage.

Vileone what was your opinion on the footage shown?

Yeah, that's why there were trailers for The Dark Knight Rises in front of both The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man.

TDKR first teaser appeared with the last Harry potter a year ago because they both were warner bros. Avengers was teased as an end credits of Cap since they both are marvel.
TDKR's trailer appeared before Avengers and TASM because TDKR is a summer movie and was not releasing on 2013. The trailers that appeared in front of TASM and Avengers were summer movies and not movies releasing on 2013.
IM3 is an almost a year away and barely done and there are no marvel movies coming out later this year so disney wont market a teaser this early.

I'm excited that Kingsley has been confirmed as the Mandarin. Based on the footage description, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the character.

As for the Mark VIII, I like the design itself but agree that they should've toned down some of the gold in favor of more red. But as others have already pointed out, Stark has always used more than one suit in the previous films, so I think its safe to say that'll likely be the case again here. Probably the actually Extremis suit, and maybe even a situational suit like the Stealth Armor.

well I'm sure Mandarin was in the script when he came onboard, so I can only assume he agreed to it coming on the project.

I'd be willing to wager that he was merely spreading false info around to create buzz that Iron Man's archenemy wasn't going to appear.

What's with the hate for Rescue?

Why would that be any cheesier than anything else we've seen in this franchise?

What's with the hate for Rescue?

Why would that be any cheesier than anything else we've seen in this franchise?
Because it's another contrived thing that Marvel put in the comics to add another suit. It's not necessary in the movie to really advance the plot any further and there are enough heroes in armored suits to fight any battle.

The thing is they could say that Mandarin based his rings off of stolen Chitauri tech.

Because it's another contrived thing that Marvel put in the comics to add another suit. It's not necessary in the movie to really advance the plot any further and there are enough heroes in armored suits to fight any battle.

So?

It's an armor. She's an associate/love interest/friend of the armored avenger.

It allowed for an evolution of Pepper's character.

And it took, what, 40 years for it to happen?

I really don't see why it's so big a deal.

The thing is they could say that Mandarin based his rings off of stolen Chitauri tech.

Come to think of it, isn't "Item 47" supposed to introduce the idea that the world has changed after the Chitauri attacked? With all of their gear lying around, someone is bound to try to use it. Or reverse engineer it. That could be how Mandarin gets his rings. It would also explain why no one has heard of him until the third movie.

Not really. Mandarin has clearly had the ten rings since before the first movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"