Age of Ultron The IRON MAN Thread - Robert Downey Jr. Returning!

Well, as you can see its an Iron Man suit on the AOU set. To be more specific, the suit is in a room which is on the set of the movie Avengers: Age of Ultron thats being filmed right now. Hope this clears up the confusion. ;)

Last edited:
Well, as you can see its an Iron Man suit on the AOU set. To be more specific, the suit is in a room which is on the set of the movie Avengers: Age of Ultron thats being filmed right now. Hope this clears up the confusion. ;)

yeah with the caption of Sovereign of the office.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the Iron Man Mark 3 suit? or is this the "new iron man suit"? :huh:

iron-man-avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. shared this from the AoU set.

I'm confused ??????

Looks like the Mark III

yeah you are right this is mark 3 armor

the new armor we saw once was had more gold in it.

John-An: That suit is just a prop in the AOU office.

I think the new film suit will be the Mark 43. It looks like the Mk 42 but with more red.

I bet there are going to be a couple of iron man suits in the movie

True, there may be a slightly bigger suit than the regular versions. :word:

Hahah..hulkbuster is there for sure as you guys probably/ definitely knows. 1 other" regular " sized suit has been spotted so far. I really hope a similar suit to mk33 appearing in aou

all I am waiting for his black/red/gold suit. can't wait to see it on big screen

I just want to see a suit again that's actually effective and not made of tissue paper.

All his suits have been pretty effective. If they werent, its because of a threat hes faced that he wasnt ready for (ex: Extremis). Thats part of what makes Iron Man interesting, hes not invincible in almost every way, hes still a guy in a metal suit.

Last edited:
John-An: That suit is just a prop in the AOU office.

I think the new film suit will be the Mark 43. It looks like the Mk 42 but with more red.

It is not a prop it's the Sideshow Mk3 half scale maquette.

^^ My bad. Its funny how at certain angles those figures look huge.

Well it is huge (around 40" high) and the angle doesn't help for sure.

Too cool:
Iron Man 2 Palladium Collector's Case
[YT]V6I89SKPfJ0[/YT]

Last edited:
At least now we know Tony doesnt die in AOU.

Q: How is Tony gonna apologize for ULTRON?

"Sorry guys, that wont happen again" ?? :lmao:

Yeah, so the question is, does Marvel give RDJ The huge back end deals that will keep RDJ's popular IM pushing the brand into higher and higher heights but making him even more irreplaceable than he already is... OR instead of making sure they have an RDJ pushed MCU for the next ten or so years, let RDJ go and recast IM with someone who doesn't require huge back end deals to ensure all the parts are James Bond replaceable.

Hint: They're not going to let RDJ go and leave money on the table.

I think above all its about the screenplay/story/character arc. RDJ wont do it just for the money I dont think. IM4 is gonna have to be pretty incredible for him to sign on. This goes back to our discussion about replacing him, why do it just to make a bunch of mediocre movies? noone wants to see subpar MCU films. Theres only so many places you can take the character and have it be really cool.

I always hoped he'd return for a fourth. I honestly think they could just leave it at that and then recast from there, because by then he'll be pretty up there in age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"