The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

I think the easiest thing is that Netanhayu's government has been absorbed more and more by religious conservatives, pushing the aphartheid state of Palestine and being more aggressive in terms of Israeli expansion.

As for speaking out against Israel, I do think the outbreak of antisemitic violence we are seeing outside of Israel is a reason why leaders are not harsher against Israel.

Can someone sparknotes the entire Israeli/Palestinian conflict? My basic understanding is that Israel was formed after WWII out of Palestinian land because reasons, and since then Israel has basically been eradicating them out of their land.

I feel like I'm missing some important info so I can have a more informed opinion outside of "Israel are Dicks and I don't know why our government keeps backing them."

That is a way too basic view of the entire subject. And no "sparknotes" will not do this conflict any justice. Better start reading up on it if you want to have an informed oppinion. I would go back at least to post WW1 when the jewish imigration into then british controlled palestine ramped up.

But if you want to shorten your read time you can start June 5th to 10th 1967. That is when Israel won Gaza, East Jerusalem, the Westbank and the golan heights in a preemptive war against Egypt that had amassed an army on the boarder to Israel with the stated goal to destroy Israel. Most of the current conflic can be traced back to the occupation of these territories.

Last edited:
I think the easiest thing is that Netanhayu's government has been absorbed more and more by religious conservatives, pushing the aphartheid state of Palestine and being more aggressive in terms of Israeli expansion.

As for speaking out against Israel, I do think the outbreak of antisemitic violence we are seeing outside of Israel is a reason why leaders are not harsher against Israel.
Those leaders are responsible for Israel's policies being tied to Judaism (they are not in reality). Because they play into the Israeli government's framing, thus actually helping to create more theoretical antisemitism. So it is really hard to argue they actually have a reason to go easy on Israel, when they are the ones responsible for this framing, by playing into the propaganda that labels criticism of Israel anti-Semitic. Remember our president calls himself a Zionist.

Oh, **** off. Seriously. These are the chumps who attack supermodels online for having humanity.

Even if they did collude what is the military gain of destroying that building? You only airstrike a civilian building to destroy a high value target or to destroy important enemy assets. The need and gain must outweigh the civilian loss of life, and be unachievable by other effective means. I will bet a year's wages there wasn't a unique arsenal in there, and why would important hamas targets be chilling in a media building?

Has AP been reporting on the genocide against the Palestinians? Have they been critical of Yahu? If so that seems like a more believable reason for the petty Israeli military dropping a bomb on a press building.

I wonder how many civilian market drones the civilian populace could get into Gaza and how quickly? It'd give the press and non press a way to record and report what is happening.

I see people supporting Palestine blindly and people supporting Israel blindly. Who started the most recent series of attacks? Hamas or Israel? Serious question. I’ve just seen the news reporting on Israel’s bombings and only on social media do I see Hamas’ missiles fired at Israel. I know Israel is way more advanced militarily so they can shoot down rockets easily whereas Hamas can’t...and the collateral damage is just horrendous.

I see people supporting Palestine blindly and people supporting Israel blindly. Who started the most recent series of attacks? Hamas or Israel? Serious question. I’ve just seen the news reporting on Israel’s bombings and only on social media do I see Hamas’ missiles fired at Israel. I know Israel is way more advanced militarily so they can shoot down rockets easily whereas Hamas can’t...and the collateral damage is just horrendous.

A raid at the Al-Aqsa mosque toward the end of Ramadan seems to be the inciting incident specifically, though tensions have been building over potential Palestinian evictions.

Al-Aqsa mosque: Dozens hurt in Jerusalem clashes

Biden is a lifetime politician. Frankly, the biggest strength of his presidency is that he listens to the Democratic consensus. The problem is, there is no consensus with the current conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"