The Joker Thread - Part 1

I think the happier and cleaner and fancier Joker is, the scarier he is. Joker should be over the top. Batman should be subtle. Extrovert vs Introvert. Dark Knight has scenes that support that idea but there’s way too many scenes where Batman is turned up all the way, just like Mr J.

He can be creepy without prosthetics. Now, with the eyes they could give him creepy eyebags, and maybe some contouring to accentuate certain parts of the face like the chin, mouth, etc.

I totally get the appeal of a freakish Joker with prosthetics, believe me. An ASHOSE-esque Joker would be fantastic, but I'd like for them to make it look natural (as natural as that version CAN look, anyways). I dunno, I've just always been intrigued by the more human-looking versions of the character, mainly in movies and in the recent Joker: Killer Smile and Batman: The Smile Killer miniseries.

I don't want a freakish prosthetics Joker. I want a Joker who is clean and dandy-ish and can be both playful/fatuous, and vicious, unpredictably.

Yeah. I don’t see the crew jumping up and down to do a sick version of Joker where his face is cut off or anything like that. So the Bowie direction is definitely an option. But I’m trying to think of ways they’d make him grimy without repeating Joaquin or Heath.

I’d bring him closer to Nicholson than any previous adaptation. Only younger, thinner, unclear background. Starting to think the Red Hood origin could play into this, IF they do flashbacks. But I’m assuming the villains here won’t be focused on like that.
Maybe they could do something like the Arkham games, but that in itself seems to take a fair amount of influence from the Nolanverse aesthetic. I'd still prefer a cleaner, colorful Joker.

...after watching Dark’s final season, this is all I could picture. A1AAAD12-2795-46E8-845A-B25BE5C60AAF.jpeg

I think, to me, Tom Hiddleston, physically, fits the concept of Pattinson's Batman.

I think, to me, Tom Hiddleston, physically, fits the concept of Pattinson's Batman.
He seems too predictable a choice though. Oddly, for an obvious choice he doesn't seem that inspired like Willem Dafoe for instance. He definitely looks the part but I'm not sure if he's got the creepiness like CLJ for example.

Last edited:
Hiddleston could look the part, he can do a maniacal grin, and he has the lanky build, but I fear his Joker would be too much like a variation of his Loki.

His outfits should look older, like that lurid 70s/80s style. Colorful outfits and a cleaner look would really set him apart from everyone else and add more character to his overall design. Plus, it clashes more with his actions which is very interesting

His outfits should look older, like that lurid 70s/80s style. Colorful outfits and a cleaner look would really set him apart from everyone else and add more character to his overall design. Plus, it clashes more with his actions which is very interesting

Yea, I'd like that. Kind of looks like a freakish perversion of an old-school dandy.

I will always be on board with Caleb and Hader but after watching Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut “Lost River” (twice this week). I have one other actor on my mind...

Probably a name that has been fancast in the past and i shrugged my shoulders because i never seen him in anything at the time. In fact Neal Adams told Kevin Smith this guy should play the Joker back in 2015.

Matt Smith.

I will always be on board with Caleb and Hader but after watching Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut “Lost River” (twice this week). I have one other actor on my mind...

Probably a name that has been fancast in the past and i shrugged my shoulders because i never seen him in anything at the time. In fact Neal Adams told Kevin Smith this guy should play the Joker back in 2015.

Matt Smith.
Ehhhhhh. Honestly I'd rather have Caleb; Matt Smith seems more like a CW Joker to me for some reason and I don't know why

I haven’t seen his TV work since i won’t go near Doctor Who if you payed me. But the dude made my skin crawl in Lost River. Has the face, body type and hair for it too.

I haven’t seen his TV work since i won’t go near Doctor Who if you payed me. But the dude made my skin crawl in Lost River. Has the face, body type and hair for it too.
I don't watch Doctor Who either; he has the face, but I'm still not THAT sure. CLJ and Bill Hader sound like better choices

Last edited:
Ohh, I love the suggestion of Matt Smith. He was great on The Crown. I'm all for it.

I'm probably going to be saying this a lot with other choices, but Caleb as Joker intrigues me so much. It's such a cool idea to me

I keep picturing him wearing suits like this: dd1c32799bbc87208bb982751a698d0c.jpg Purple-Velvet-Tuxedo-Jacket-Prom-Wedding-Blazer-from-Gentlemansguru.com_.jpg

Might be too loud for some people but I love that first one
He doesn't even really have to wear the whole thing. The jacket could work on its own with some nice black pinstripe pants and a polkadot shirt. Hell, even just the tie as part of a different suit could keep it from being a bit TOO loud.

Eh, maybe it might be a bit too loud. It's an eyesore, but that's probably intentional so I think it'd still be an interesting Joker outfit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"