• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Joker Thread - Part 1

Gotta say. Looking at some McKay gifs and it’s like...he’s got such a weird face and the perfect hair for how I want Joker to be in this. And WB would applaud that choice. Pattinson will be around 40-41 when they shoot the third movie. Good age to go out on. That’s several years away to see if MacKay can keep rising in the business. He’ll be about 35.

Gotta say. Looking at some McKay gifs and it’s like...he’s got such a weird face and the perfect hair for how I want Joker to be in this. And WB would applaud that choice. Pattinson will be around 40-41 when they shoot the third movie. Good age to go out on. That’s several years away to see if MacKay can keep rising in the business. He’ll be about 35.

When Batman does something decidedly "not funny":

647c5a2b0fba8b48ef5ce6ea63dfa0d0a15f8596.gifv

Great actor so it’s a shame. It’s really cringey. If that’s a taste of what he wants it to look like or behave...then no thanks. It’s really bad actually.

The guys just being himself lol damn, I'm sure if he got the role he'd act in it appropriately. I also don't really understand how it bad for an actor to want a role? If I wanted a job then I'd be vocal about it

If the actor's good enough and right for the role, he'll be considered and offered the role. If he's not, he won't be. Publicly lobbying for a specific part just looks pathetic, frankly.

All just my personal opinion, obviously. Others probably feel differently. :shrug:

I mean you can be qualified for a job and still go around telling your friends and such how much you want said job. Not sure how that makes you pathetic for being hopeful/ wanting something but agree to disagree

Great actor so it’s a shame. It’s really cringey. If that’s a taste of what he wants it to look like or behave...then no thanks. It’s really bad actually.
You clearly haven’t been following him on social media then. He’s a weird (but really cool) dude.

I mean you can be qualified for a job and still go around telling your friends and such how much you want said job. Not sure how that makes you pathetic for being hopeful/ wanting something but agree to disagree

Only it's not just a few friends, it's probably thousands of followers on twitter who will no doubt make a nuisance of themselves and pile on the producers of the movie with endless letters, petitions and emails. To my mind it's just trying to apply public pressure because their skill alone isn't considerable enough to warrant being offered the specific part they want.

I'm sure a studio can handle themselves against internet petitions (unless you're creating a streaming service and need new content to bring in subscribers) proven by the fact that their were petitions to remove Pattinson, Affleck, Larson, and Reeves to name a few. I don't see the harm, but calling him pathetic just seems odd.

I think he'd be pretty cool, but I agree that him actively pushing to get the role (although I love his enthusiasm) will probably hurt his chances more than help them.

You mean like a pompadour-ish hairstyle?

The guys just being himself lol damn, I'm sure if he got the role he'd act in it appropriately. I also don't really understand how it bad for an actor to want a role? If I wanted a job then I'd be vocal about it
Then i’d call you cringey lol.

yo remember when paul giamatti said he wanted to play rhino and then he played rhino

But that’s not really what he’s doing. He’s talking about in the press, talk shows, and saying things like “I went to the Joker premier, and it was alright, kept thinking WAIT TIL THEY SEE MY VERSION”. And he seems interested in making a Joker movie himself with him in the lead. So maybe that’s what he should do instead of squeezing his experimental take into Reeves’ world.

But that’s not really what he’s doing. He’s talking about in the press, talk shows, and saying things like “I went to the Joker premier, and it was alright, kept thinking WAIT TIL THEY SEE MY VERSION”. And he seems interested in making a Joker movie himself with him in the lead. So maybe that’s what he should do instead of squeezing his experimental take into Reeves’ world.
It's not like he has the power to make himself the Joker in Reeves universe, nothing really says his take would be experimental besides the obvious differences, but at this point all Jokers are experimental and they should be. Anyway let's just agree to disagree

I'm sure a studio can handle themselves against internet petitions (unless you're creating a streaming service and need new content to bring in subscribers) proven by the fact that their were petitions to remove Pattinson, Affleck, Larson, and Reeves to name a few. I don't see the harm, but calling him pathetic just seems odd.

I like him, but showing up to the Joker premier in Joker makeup makes him look desperate.

gettyimages-1177766474.jpg

I don't think studios respond to actors publically lobbying for parts. They already have an idea of the type of actor they're looking for, and it probably hurts the actor letting the studios know how desperate they are, since the studio can lowball them.

Just wanted to add, getting a role in a movie isn't like getting a regular job. You're getting paid tons of money, expected to be able to tour and sell the movie, nevermind whether or not you're right for the role. There's a lot more riding on getting the right actor.

For voicing my desire to get a job I wanted? Sorry I guess
No. For showing up at premiers in clown makeup and posting IG vids in clown makeup and talking about it in interviews. Just be vocal in private with your agent, nobody cares.

I like him, but showing up to the Joker premier in Joker makeup makes him look desperate.

gettyimages-1177766474.jpg

I don't think studios respond to actors publically lobbying for parts. They already have an idea of the type of actor they're looking for, and it probably hurts the actor letting the studios know how desperate they are, since the studio can lowball them.
yo remember when paul giamatti said he wanted to play rhino and then he played rhino

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"