The Joker Thread - Part 1

It was obvious that we would get a grungier Joker for Nolan’s movies. But for Reeves it’s a bit more difficult to tell. Probably because we need that first teaser. If it really plays up on the noir elements, then i think we’re in for a spiffy but creepy Joker.

He needs to be different than Dano’s Riddler. So if Edward’s rockin that hood, isn’t that dude that fits into a business meeting...then why not go classy for the Joker as a nice contrast?

Trust me, Reeves wants to bring something new to the table. It’ll be a knee jerk reaction to Joaquin. Thank god Arthur Fleck was grimier.
This is like, exactly why I don't need to see Dano in the bright green question mark suit with the cane and everything. The goofy, quirky (in a good way) outfits feel more appropriate for The Joker.

We don't even know what this version of The Joker would be.
Heck we dont we dont even know what this version of batman will be, definitively.
To me, I base my perception of the Joker on whose cast Batman, like with other casting within in the movie. Like, do I think the look of the actors play well off of eachother visually? As an example: The person I may see for a Catwoman for Oliver Jackson Cohen Batman fancasting isn't the same as I would necessarily see for a Pattinson Batman. Similar with Alfred and, in some cases Jim Gordon.

To me, I base my perception of the Joker on whose cast Batman, like with other casting within in the movie. Like, do I think the look of the actors play well off of eachother visually? As an example: The person I may see for a Catwoman for Oliver Jackson Cohen Batman fancasting isn't the same as I would necessarily see for a Pattinson Batman. Similar with Alfred and, in some cases Jim Gordon.
This is basically my logic too, even if I can't see them casting Hiddleston. That's why I think we'll be getting a younger Joker this time around. Almost every main character in this movie is a bit younger, so I don't see why Joker should be an exception

I’m just curious as to why Hiddleston popped in your brain when you looked at Pattinson.

I go by your logic too. But I just don’t get the Hiddleston connection (also because I personally don’t think he’s a good actor). When I see Pattinson, I think of Caleb Landry Jones or George MacKay. Meaning: somebody Rob’s age or a bit younger. Tom is older no? At least he seems closer to 40 to me. And has a very one dimensional, predictable approach at playing maniacal characters. I just don’t see it.

I’m just curious as to why Hiddleston popped in your brain when you looked at Pattinson.

I go by your logic too. But I just don’t get the Hiddleston connection (also because I personally don’t think he’s a good actor). When I see Pattinson, I think of Caleb Landry Jones or George MacKay. Meaning: somebody Rob’s age or a bit younger. Tom is older no? At least he seems closer to 40 to me. And has a very one dimensional, predictable approach at playing maniacal characters. I just don’t see it.
That's true, but Tom is younger-LOOKING at least. But CLJ and George Mackay are among my top choices as well. They both have so much potential to be great Jokers IMHO.

Nah he looks 36-40 if I’m being honest. Rob is 34 but looks 29-30. Caleb & George look like they’re in their 20’s.

The hair here gives me Romero and 70s Joker vibes. Slim him down just a bit and there's your Joker design if he was cast.

Screenshot_20200809-152916.png

I didn’t answer you a few days ago when you asked me about his hair. This is what I mean. Keep it dry and puffed up like that, just...green. And it’ll look awesome.
For Caleb I'd kinda prefer something similar to Leto where it's all slicked-back or maybe swept back. The side-part could work very well too

The other day, I was reading up on Lewis Carroll and I thought his manner of hairstyle would be nicely appropriated for the Joker.

220px-Lewis_carroll.jpg

And it is somewhat in the Cesar Romero vein. Very loosely, anyways.

The other day, I was reading up on Lewis Carroll and I thought his manner of hairstyle would be nicely appropriated for the Joker.

220px-Lewis_carroll.jpg

This works quite well.

220px-Lewis_carroll.jpg

I feel like it would feel more Joker-y if the part wasn't as "gelled-back" if that makes sense. It would fit with the timeless vibes the character usually gives off but I'm not sure if that hair is something I'd like to see on him.

I'd like to see it evolve (or devolve, rather) from slicked back to a more wild Mason Verger esque look.

Or, of course, the Brian Bolland/ Jesus and Mary Chain look lol

I'd like to see it evolve (or devolve, rather) from slicked back to a more wild Mason Verger esque look.

Or, of course, the Brian Bolland/ Jesus and Mary Chain look lol
I dunno, I kinda think the side part or a pompadour-ish hairstyle could be a nice balance between clean and wild. I don't really need to see him devolve. I'd much rather see him Evolve, even if it's just personality-wise.

Last edited:
I don’t really have a specific preference for hairstyle, I just want to move away from the long greasy look that the two most popular cinematic Jokers have sported.

I don’t really have a specific preference for hairstyle, I just want to move away from the long greasy look that the two most popular cinematic Jokers have sported.
Same here in regards to the face paint.

What if it was very clean, shampooed, conditioned, Fabio esque long hair ? Or Glam Metal hair? :oldrazz:

What if it was very clean, shampooed, conditioned, Fabio esque long hair ? Or Glam Metal hair? :oldrazz:
You can't do much with the long haired Jokers anymore. Not really, anyways. Straight hair would just look weird; I feel like Heath and Joaquin took it as far as it could go

If they really want to go outside the box.

Lakeith Stanfield as a Baron Samedi-esque Joker with dreads.

What do you guys usually use to make manips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"