The Joker Thread - Part 1

I'd toss Robert Sheehans name in the pot. Maybe not so much an original pick but I think he does well in umbrella academy, plus He's in the same age range as Pattinson, his features and build could lend themselves very well to joker. And he's definitely a showman type with grandiose gestures and rhythmic movements. imagine he'd play the role with a little whimsy.

I'd toss Robert Sheehans name in the pot. Maybe not so much an original pick but I think he does well in umbrella academy, plus He's in the same age range as Pattinson, his features and build could lend themselves very well to joker. And he's definitely a showman type with grandiose gestures and rhythmic movements. imagine he'd play the role with a little whimsy.

Sheehan can definitely do off-the-wall and flamboyant, and he's got the lanky figure and can do the dancey, grandiose body language/mannerisms but I don't know if he can be menacing enough. It's kind of hard for me to imagine Sheehan really being very threatening.

I'd like to see him cut loose and do the menacing part. He might be able to get a bit unhinged.

Dance-y mannerisms are a must for this Joker to me, regardless of who they cast. I know it depends on who they cast, but still.

Made this super, SUPER shoddy edit just now

View attachment 36392

rMODQlYNmTbXSazIMxYLqompUxc=.gif

I’m just curious as to why Hiddleston popped in your brain when you looked at Pattinson.
I go by your logic too. But I just don’t get the Hiddleston connection (also because I personally don’t think he’s a good actor). When I see Pattinson, I think of Caleb Landry Jones or George MacKay. Meaning: somebody Rob’s age or a bit younger. Tom is older no? At least he seems closer to 40 to me. And has a very one dimensional, predictable approach at playing maniacal characters. I just don’t see it.
I think of a more clean cut type of Joker in regards to Pattinson. I think Hiddleston plays into that look. Though even Hiddleston I can't say I'm 100% into. I'm considering a different concept within this post. But I could see then. I think I could see a Clown Prince Of Crime-y look for him.

As long as the age isn't 15+ years apart or something, in regards to Pattinson's age, I think I can lean on the age of the Joker being in that range.

I don't know if I agree that his performance is one dimensional. I thought his Loki performance, in most cases, has worked, for me.

Caleb I'd prefer for a different version of Batman (he was the choice in the fancast I put out for a young Letoker in a prequel Batfleck concept). Mackay, while I don't really remember seeing him in anything, I'm also not into his look for it based on little I've seen when googling his name. I'm also not interested in having a Joker played by an actor that I think would be visually younger that the Batman we have.
This is basically my logic too, even if I can't see them casting Hiddleston. That's why I think we'll be getting a younger Joker this time around. Almost every main character in this movie is a bit younger, so I don't see why Joker should be an exception
Pattinson is 34. I think 5 years isn't an aggressive difference. But Oswald is older. My preference isn't for a Joker that's visually younger than Batman.

Last edited:
Ledger looked a bit younger than Bale. MacKay only looks a bit younger than Pattinson.

In my defense, it's been a good couple years since I last used Photoshop. I'm not THAT rusty but still pretty rough around the edges.

I tried to make the skin look naturally white but I didn't know what to use. I also kinda tried my hand at the whole red eyebags thing which clearly didn't work.

Generally I use the desaturation tool, and up the contrast. I also use the magnet tool to select parts of the image I want to color. I'm sure there are easier, better ways of doing, though.

jKQ3JVX.jpg

I think this one turned out better.

dgj7zJV.jpg

I tried giving him the "red eyebags", although I think they could have been a bit more veiny. I whitened the eyes as a way of making him look more sinister, as his expression was a bit too neutral on its own. Not crazy how the shirt turned out, but he was wearing a white shirt before, and it needed to be colored to create some contrast with his white face.

I haven't seen MacKay in anything besides 1917, but he should be considered and given a chance to audition at least (if he wanted to).

dgj7zJV.jpg

I tried giving him the "red eyebags", although I think they could have been a bit more veiny. I whitened the eyes as a way of making him look more sinister, as his expression was a bit too neutral on its own. Not crazy how the shirt turned out, but he was wearing a white shirt before, and it needed to be colored to create some contrast with his white face.
This looks fantastic too; reminds me of ASHOSE. Great work on the eyes themselves as well. I'd be pretty happy with this if it was official.

I’d like to add music to this discussion. This is how I differentiate the on screen Joker’s..

Nicholson seemed to be into the pop music of the time. 80’s synth pop.

Ledger was like a skater. Punk rock, hardcore.

Leto was more trendy, mainstream hip-hop or dubstep.

Phoenix was a jazz guy.

New Joker, I’d want his vibe to be...classical music. Calming, upbeat almost like Alex’s taste in A Clockwork Orange mixed with some darker, more dissonant orchestral music.
This popped into my head when you started talking about this new Joker.

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb and say that the age of the actor who's playing the Joker doesn't truly matter. He won't be 13 and he won't be 77. If he's 26, 29, or 36, no one will be the wiser when he's on screen not going on about how old he is covered in makeup wearing a purple suit cutting the throats of the innocent.

dgj7zJV.jpg

Ok yeah this looks fre$h af. I still need to see his performances to fully judge, but I'll be damned if he doesn't have a good look for the role.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the age of the actor who's playing the Joker doesn't truly matter. He won't be 13 and he won't be 77. If he's 26, 29, or 36, no one will be the wiser when he's on screen not going on about how old he is covered in makeup wearing a purple suit cutting the throats of the innocent.
Funny thing is, those all seem like suitable ages for Pattinson's Joker. Now is the time to give us a younger version of the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"