The Joker Thread - Part 1

This is an area where Aaron Taylor Johnson’s highly punchable face could be put to good use.

Adam could be interesting. I just wonder if he could pull off the voice, it'd be weird to have a Joker with a voice deeper than Batman's.

After Ledger and Phoenix, Driver is the only A-list actor in Pattinson's age range that I can think of that has the chops to follow them up.

Last edited:
I still hope they can connect this Batman to Phoenix joker.

I thought about it, he gets locked up and then criminals are so obsessed with him, for what he started, that they contact him and he can influence from behind bars, he even causes havoc in his wing etc - news reports leak what is happening over the decades and his legendary status grows as this vil crown prince.

I heard the Pattison Batman was set a few years back - if so, Joker would be the age of Willem Dafoe at around the time of Bruce donning the cowl.

I would say let the third movie feature joker and build to it and Phoenix can easily play an aging version, where he is still slim, but maybe slower, or more rigid. To be fair, Dafoe would be a great mature joker..

After Ledger and Phoenix, Driver is the only A-list actor in Pattinson's age range that I can think of that has the chops to follow them up.
105788-14.jpg

Aaron Taylor Johnson as Joker is actually unique

I absolutely loved Phoenix as Joker. He’s definitely one of my favorites.

I have no interest in seeing him as The Joker in these movies though.

It wouldn't be surprised if now WB execs were begging Matt Reeves and Todd Philips to find a way to make it work.

Whether their pleas will work... unlikely, but that's probably what I'd do in their position.
I’ve been saying this and people called me crazy....

You can use Joaquin’s Joker in this series. It’s so easy to retcon anything that happened in Joker as being Joker’s imagination. I knew he’d be an unreliable narrator and some of you were saying that there’s no chance that Joaquin Joker would be in Reeve’s universe. There’s still a small chance and always has been. If Joker hits a billion, the chances of that happening increase tenfold. They only need him for one Batman movie, the finale. I bet you anything WB are talking to Reeves about it.

You can use Joaquin’s Joker in this series. It’s so easy to retcon anything that happened in Joker as being Joker’s imagination. I knew he’d be an unreliable narrator and some of you were saying that there’s no chance that Joaquin Joker would be in Reeve’s universe. There’s still a small chance and always has been. If Joker hits a billion, the chances of that happening increase tenfold. They only need him for one Batman movie, the finale. I bet you anything WB are talking to Reeves about it.

I still don't see Joker hitting a billion. Would be cool if it did but third weekend on it's going to be taking some heavy drops unless word of mouth keeps pushing people to see it. Which is why it did really well on it's second weekend.

I understand the strong desire to have Joaquin return but they're not going to use his Joker nor should they. Again, this is Reeves' vision, he shouldn't be obligated to use an existing actor because fans are demanding him to. On top of that, we don't know how Batman will look, visually, which could conflict with the more realistic take on Joaquin’s Joker.

“Increase tenfold”

no. Absolutely not. There’s not the slightest chance of that

“Increase tenfold”

no. Absolutely not. There’s not the slightest chance of that
WB effectively has a Joker that's been crowned as the true successor and equal to Ledger's Joker. A feat most thought would have been impossible within our lifetimes.

The studio is 100% pursuing an avenue in getting Joaquin back. I always thought it was going to be the case, but triply so when it did half a billion in under 2 weeks.

WB effectively has a Joker that's been crowned as the true successor and equal to Ledger's Joker. A feat most thought would have been impossible within our lifetimes.

The studio is 100% pursuing an avenue in getting Joaquin back. I always thought it was going to be the case, but triply so when it did half a billion in under 2 weeks.
Can’t believe people would actually think otherwise. Of course they’ll try to get him back either in a sequel or a Reeves Batman movie

How will Reeves feel about it, though? What if he has his own vision of Joker with his own actor in mind?

Joaquin’s Joker just doesn’t seem like the type to........do anything you would expect the Joker to do in a movie where Batman is involved.
I can’t imagine him having some sort of villainous plot that Batman has to stop.

Joaquin’s Joker just doesn’t seem like the type to........do anything you would expect the Joker to do in a movie where Batman is involved.
I can’t imagine him having some sort of villainous plot that Batman has to stop.
He can play a Joker that's not Arthur Fleck. Different universe, different design, the end.

How will Reeves feel about it, though? What if he has his own vision of Joker with his own actor in mind?
Reeves already took over an entire film universe from someone else and made it his own. Joker's one of the few fictional characters who thrives on reinvention. Don't need a different actor to execute his own unique Joker. Especially with Joaquin in the part who can literally do anything.

All this Phoenix should be the Joker for Reeves talk but we need to ask the real question, would he even want to?? It would be cool, great actor, great with the character.

However Phoenix strikes me as an actor who wouldn't want to be in a big franchise movie and I don't think he's done many or any sequels. I think he only took Joker because of the character study aspect and because it really wasn't a typical comic book movie. It's a super art-house type film disguised as a comic book movie. So unless he's contractually obligated, I don't see him having any desire in reprising the role for Reeves, but I guess crazier things have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"