The Joker Thread - Part 1

I don't view obvious fancasts the way everyone else does. I feel like everyone and their mother has to be fancasting an actor as a specific character or character type in order for it to be considered obvious.

That being said, Reeves ain't casting him

Christian Bale is too obvious and unexciting. His character in American Psycho is essentially already Batman, minus the costume. I've seen him brought up many a time. Good actor and he can certainly do intensity very well, but too obvious imo.

Why are you trying to antagonize Bruce today?

Lol I didn't see that reply from Eddie. I mean if you think Patrick Bateman and Bruce Wayne are at all similar characters beyond both being businessman with dark secrets, then hey, more power to ya lol. :funny::up: I mean the line between a lot of characters would disappear entirely if you were to make such broad summations and expect that to account for a lack of argument.

I was obviously being glib in my comparison of Howerton's character and the Joker, and was mainly comparing them on the basis of their crazy and extreme personalities, that's all. The personalities between Bateman and Wayne don't even begin to compare. And in the end I wasn't even saying that an obvious choice wouldn't do well in the role, just that it would be very unexciting. Is that really such a controversial statement to make???

Why are you trying to antagonize Bruce today?

He didn't like that I threw some of his own dismissiveness right back at him for once.

Last edited:
You forget that if you remove the e from Bateman that it spells Batman

People where making jokes about Bateman being Batman if you remove the e for The Dark Knight?

All I was saying was “Bateman with no E equals BATman!” was like a old corny joke you’d hear around 2008.

I don’t care that he’s already been Calendar Man. Polka-Dot Man. Count Vertigo. David Dastmalchian stands out in WHATEVER he does, he would be a magnificent Joker.

E5DF223F-2983-4F37-B9FF-32DB2334CBEA.jpeg

David always felt like one of us who miraculously made it through the Hollywood door. It's insanely impressive how he used his small role in TDK to keep building his resume in all these geek franchises.

I'd applaud any involvement he can secure himself to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"