• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Joker Thread - Part 1

Adam Driver
August Diehl
Caleb Landry Jones
George MacKay
Harry Melling
LaKeith Stanfield
Rami Malek
Will Poulter

And if Barry Keoghan ends up being The Joker then that's a killer choice as well.
You didn't mention Danny DeVito.

If Reeves really did cast a big name that would shock an audience (fan or casual)...who’s on the list??

DiCaprio? DaFoe? Phoenix? McConaughey? Malek? Driver? Depp (I know, I know)?, Gosling? Gyllenhaal?

I just really hope it's not Pheonix or Malek. Any of the others listed would be welcome. Gosling being Joker would prolly shock people most. I don't see McConaughey being a possibility with his Texas drawl.

I just really hope it's not Pheonix or Malek. Any of the others listed would be welcome. Gosling being Joker would prolly shock people most. I don't see McConaughey being a possibility with his Texas drawl.
I’ve lost my mind cuz I’m warming up to Rami. I like his voice, physicality. He just needs his face altered lol.

Malek is a very talented guy when he actually tries.
I can’t judge him based on Rhapsody (well he nailed the walk that’s about it) or Little Things. I liked him in The Master and Short Term 12. Heard he’s good in Mr Robot. Curious about him in Fukunaga’s Bond. That’ll be the deciding factor for me.

lol, was that for this movie?

I remember the Al Pacino as Thomas Wayne rumor

If Reeves really did cast a big name that would shock an audience (fan or casual)...who’s on the list??

DiCaprio? DaFoe? Phoenix? McConaughey? Malek? Driver? Depp (I know, I know)?, Gosling? Gyllenhaal?
Gyllenhaal would interest me the most out of the names you listed if they ABSOLUTELY positively without a doubt HAVE to get a "name".

Phoenix, Malek, Gosling, and Dafoe, as played out as that third choice feels although I love the guy to pieces, would all be fine.

I like Driver better for someone like Scarecrow or Mad Monk as you mentioned once or twice. I only see DiCaprio as a riff on Nicholson's Joker and even then I have no real desire to see him in the role.

Please don't be Depp. Please. I have too much excitement riding on this for it to just be Depp.

Gyllenhaal would interest me the most out of the names you listed if they ABSOLUTELY positively without a doubt HAVE to get a "name".

Phoenix, Malek, Gosling, and Dafoe, as played out as that third choice feels although I love the guy to pieces, would all be fine.

I like Driver better for someone like Scarecrow or Mad Monk as you mentioned once or twice. I only see DiCaprio as a riff on Nicholson's Joker and even then I have no real desire to see him in the role.

Please don't be Depp. Please. I have too much excitement riding on this for it to just be Depp.

WB just asked him to resign from another of their films so no worries, it won’t be Depp.

However! I would’ve loved Depp as Joker during the Nolan era.

there is only one actor that would shock me and that is Daniel Day Lewis.

Simply out of principle, the Academy would not award a third Oscar to the same comic book movie character. And great as DDL is, let's face it, his main concern as an actor seems to be, what film will get me my next Oscar. He always goes for that Oscar bait material. So I doubt he'd go for the role of the Joker in the first place, let alone after two previous portrayals have already won Oscars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"