The Joker Thread - Part 1

I'd be very surprised he'd even be considered. It would be one thing if he were on some HBO series, some prestige drama, but he hasn't done many movies, although he's in Edgar Wright's upcoming movie, so maybe that will raise his profile.

I’d actually say he’s about the perfect level of fame for it. Not too expensive, but well known for his work, not too much older than Pattinson, can do both the clown and the killer, proven great actor. He’s ideal as far as I’m concerned. I also don’t think he’d worry about taking on a well known role made famous by others, as he’s already done it.

I’d actually say he’s about the perfect level of fame for it. Not too expensive, but well known for his work, not too much older than Pattinson, can do both the clown and the killer, proven great actor. He’s ideal as far as I’m concerned. I also don’t think he’d worry about taking on a well known role made famous by others, as he’s already done it.

I'm still convinced it will be an A-lister in the role, though. I just think after Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix, Warner Bros. will want a big star for the role. No knock against Smith, but he feels very like a "sci fi channel" level actor to me.

I'm still convinced it will be an A-lister in the role, though. I just think after Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix, Warner Bros. will want a big star for the role. No knock against Smith, but he feels very like a "sci fi channel" level actor to me.
Honestly I only feel like Smith would be considered because he was in Lost River (Gosling's directorial debut) which I'd argue is prestigious.

Then again that was 5 or so years ago so......idk.

Honestly I only feel like Smith would be considered because he was in Lost River (Gosling's directorial debut) which I'd argue is prestigious.

It’s not prestigious. It’s a low budget artsy indie that bombed and got bad reviews. Most ppl haven’t seen it or can’t find it. But it’s one of my favourites and Smith was great in it as the villain.

Either way he hasn't been in a TON of artsy or big movies period so I don't really think he'd be considered

That movie was universally panned and quickly forgotten. Wasn’t even close to being prestigious. :huh:

But since we’re on that production, I wouldn’t mind if the studio revisits Gosling for the part again. After all he was originally Ayer’s choice for Suicide Squad.

Oh god, he's much better than that! Watch him in The Crown. He can pull off a serious, dramatic role very well.

It’s not prestigious. It’s a low budget artsy indie that bombed and got bad reviews. Most ppl haven’t seen it or can’t find it. But it’s one of my favourites and Smith was great in it as the villain.

Lost River is AMAZING. I love it. Unreal soundtrack and visuals. Need more Gosling directed movies asap

I was trying to imagine who might be best suited to play the Joker in Reeves' Batman films, when I remembered this actor who played an unhinged junkie in Season 3 of Twin Peaks, whom I'd seen in other movies. (EDIT: I just realized he was the brother in Get Out). Very memorable, but I couldn't recall his name. After a bit of digging, not only did I find his name (Caleb Landry Jones), but discovered that he also makes music, and came across this video of pure nightmare fuel which might as well be his audition tape for the Joker. It's for a song called "The Loon". The more digging around I did, I found quite a few other people have already suggested that he'd make an excellent Joker, and even came across a couple of manips lol. This guy gets my vote, I think he'd nail it.

Caleb Landry Jones 1.jpg Caleb Landry Jones 2.jpg CLJ 3.jpg

Agreed. The video he did before ‘The Loon’ was even more Joker

It's crazy, because I only started thinking about who might actually play a decent Joker when I saw that someone had commented Macaulay Culkin lmao I was like, there has to be a better choice than that (no offense to Mac), which is when I suddenly remembered CLJ (though I couldn't remember his name) from the new Twin Peaks, and started digging around without even realizing how popular of a choice he already was. But Jesus, this guy just exudes a certain type of scary/creepy/insane/twisted Joker that we've yet to see on film, and I am here tf for it. You would think he'd be at the top of Reeves' list.

It's crazy, because I only started thinking about who might actually play a decent Joker when I saw that someone had commented Macaulay Culkin lmao I was like, there has to be a better choice than that (no offense to Mac), which is when I suddenly remembered CLJ (though I couldn't remember his name) from the new Twin Peaks, and started digging around without even realizing how popular of a choice he already was. But Jesus, this guy just exudes a certain type of scary/creepy/insane/twisted Joker that we've yet to see on film, and I am here tf for it. You would think he'd be at the top of Reeves' list.
Yeah I think he’s near the top of the list. Along with Harry Melling, Will Poulter, George Mackay, and Lakeith Stanfield.

What about Sacha Baron Cohen? I know he's older but borat and other shenanigans aside I think he could be a solid actor in role and a real presence on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"