• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Joker Thread - Part 1

Are we all in agreement that
it's joker in that picture ?

george-costanza-no.gif

Who do we think that is at the end of the Japanese trailer?

Lol i cant believe some of you guys are still denying, its more easy to say you dont want to see the joker in these movies

I really am wondering if the scarring is just around his mouth mainly or his whole face

I really don't know why it's so hard for people to accept Barry is The Joker and to stop bringing up such obvious fancasts.

That pic from the trailer with Bruce and the smile in the background really does look like Joker. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was him

Following the speculation about the picture behind Bruce in the trailer looking rather Joker like (although I myself think it's not that clear so there's a bit of seeing what you want to see I think), I've seen people speculate that Joker's presence might be just stalker ish. I like this idea quite a bit to be honest. It would fit with that creepy aspect of the character, you know how he's had hideouts under a gravestone and in a creepy old mansion? Or, how he could be sneaking about your house unbeknownst to you, to fulfil his plans? Maybe he might turn up to kill you at, oh about 3 in the morning from under your bed? Lmao. I love that aspect of the character, so I'd be pretty pleased with creepy stalker Joker.

The coolest Joker portrayal in years was from Scott Snyder. I loved how he played up the mythical, boogeyman quality of Joker.

“The Pale Man”
See, I'm a bit in two minds as to whether I like him to be actually supernatural or ultimately just a man. But then, there is that aspect of him "dying" or somehow reappearing after what should be fatal situations. I think I prefer that supernatural possibility to remain an intriguing possibility rather than outright stated myself.

Sorry that I’ve been MIA for a while, duty calls. Here’s my thoughts on “you know who” a month later after the test screening I attended in the spoilers below:

• I’m Team Barry all the way. Hoping the cameo makes the cut. It got a really good reaction from the crowd IMO.
  • He was partially hidden, scene had a yellow hue/filter but his complexion was pale and the scarring was IMO more severe than Heath’s. I had me thinking “wow, what happened to this dude?” and something you’d suffer from chemical burns IMO.
  • Hair was messy/akin to the comics.
  • This was the comic panel that immediately came to mind when he popped up on screen:
3113-B653-E785-4-DE9-8-D20-B8-DC058-F7-A92.jpg

• WB probably has my apartment wired and monitored at this point.

Hope that quenches your thirst for now!

This has me so excited. He's gonna look horrifying! I had a hunch he'd look borderline like a monster.

See, I'm a bit in two minds as to whether I like him to be actually supernatural or ultimately just a man. But then, there is that aspect of him "dying" or somehow reappearing after what should be fatal situations. I think I prefer that supernatural possibility to remain an intriguing possibility rather than outright stated myself.
It’s more ambiguous than anything, it’s never conclusively stated whether he’s immortal/supernatural. I love that element, and it actually reminds me a lot of his Martin character in TKOASD

I think
Robert Pattinson in Good Time is to Batman what Barry Keoghan in TKOASD is to Joker

I think Reeves saw those movies and said “there’s my Batman and there’s my Joker”
That's right on the money honestly. Barry hadn't been in anything else actually showing off his Joker potential when the movie was being made aside from just showing off his versatility.
And Good Time changed Pattinson for a lot of people I think

I was thinking last night, if they want to do a "main villain" Joker story then just do a loose adaptation of Death Of The Family.

That story basically sees Joker kidnap Batman's closest allies because he feels like they're weighing him down and making him too soft.

Replace the Bat family members with some other allies and friends he's made over the years.

It first came to me when thinking about the "main" lineup being Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Two-Face. Three of those are already set up.

RCO111_1467877365.jpg

I would also not mind seeing Joker in an ensemble of Batman Rogue's Gallery, particularly Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman tbh. In particular because that hasn't been done in live action film since the 60s Batman film. Plus, I read Tynion's Batman run Joker War recently just to see what it's like and it's mostly pretty average tbh, but there's a flashback scene in it narrated by Catwoman, and it's an ensemble of her (in a costume she had in the 90s) Penguin, Riddler and Joker. That was my favourite part tbh (plus that scene had Joker written more as I prefer him, so that's part of the appeal), but it got me thinking how much I enjoy seeing these characters together. Joker works great on his own, but he's also good in an ensemble of villains to play off.

I would also not mind seeing Joker in an ensemble of Batman Rogue's Gallery, particularly Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman tbh. In particular because that hasn't been done in live action film since the 60s Batman film. Plus, I read Tynion's Batman run Joker War recently just to see what it's like and it's mostly pretty average tbh, but there's a flashback scene in it narrated by Catwoman, and it's an ensemble of her (in a costume she had in the 90s) Penguin, Riddler and Joker. That was my favourite part tbh (plus that scene had Joker written more as I prefer him, so that's part of the appeal), but it got me thinking how much I enjoy seeing these characters together. Joker works great on his own, but he's also good in an ensemble of villains to play off.
Catwoman doesn't seem like she is even the slight bit villainous in this at all though.

Catwoman doesn't seem like she is even the slight bit villainous in this at all though.

Didn't say she is though. But Catwoman is a Batman villain historically speaking. I just like having the iconic villains (which is generally considered to be Joker, Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin. Maybe others too, but especially those four to most people) together sometimes as it's nice to see.

Last edited:
She is thievering at the dead mayor’s house in the teaser trailer. She’s not some sinister, sadistic maniac, but she’s not all good either. We also see her loading up a glock in the main trailer. Doubt she kills anyone, but still.

Do I see her willingly partnering up with the likes of Joker or Riddler in this world? Nah. We see her reaction to Batman beating the dog **** out of someone.

It would be such a Reeves thing to do for that picture to actually be Joker. He teased the villains years ago, it was right in front of us

I want a red phone in Gordon’s office. Or at least make his cell phone red like in Titans. Such a subtle touch that goes such a long way. Can’t wait for the Easter egg compilations for this movie. Hopefully he adds a lot, unlike Nolan (who had relatively few Easter eggs in his movie).

I was thinking last night, if they want to do a "main villain" Joker story then just do a loose adaptation of Death Of The Family.

That story basically sees Joker kidnap Batman's closest allies because he feels like they're weighing him down and making him too soft.

Replace the Bat family members with some other allies and friends he's made over the years.

It first came to me when thinking about the "main" lineup being Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Two-Face. Three of those are already set up.

View attachment 51455
I know that this story is popular, but good heavens I hate it with such a passion. It’s disrespectful to the Bat family and the whole “Joker cuts his face off” thing is just plain stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"