• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Joker Thread - Part 1

That pic from the trailer with Bruce and the smile in the background really does look like Joker. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was him
I’m really curious to see if it is him. Or if it an updated version of Venom being in Spidey’s eye on the Spider-Man 2 poster.

I know that this story is popular, but good heavens I hate it with such a passion. It’s disrespectful to the Bat family and the whole “Joker cuts his face off” thing is just plain stupid.
Oh Joker wouldn't cut his face off here. He'd just look the same as he has since we first saw him in these movies.

And I'd replace a lot of the members Reeves doesn't adapt with other allies he's made along the way.

Last edited:
I know that this story is popular, but good heavens I hate it with such a passion. It’s disrespectful to the Bat family and the whole “Joker cuts his face off” thing is just plain stupid.

I'm also not a great fan of leatherface Joker tbh. But it is well known and striking so is an ok addition as a one off event.

Last edited:
Overrated ass story. Pretty much anything New 52 and onwards I couldn't care less for. I guess certain moments like the dinner scene and such would be cool templates in an adaptation tho

I mean I think the literal Question Mark kinda gives away what we're probably gonna see

we've had so much exposure to the joker in the last decade, i think it's ok to sort of put him the background this time.
its time to let the riddler shine. this is his movie.
It's weird though, because only one of them really had A Batman to face off against, and that was 10+ years ago. Leto and Affleck in that one minute-long scene were most likely only put there for closure.

Plus while many of us see that the Joker is overused (if you're counting comics, films, animated films, games etc.), and yet this is the biggest thread going on here.

Plus while many of us see that the Joker is overused (if you're counting comics, films, animated films, games etc.), and yet this is the biggest thread going on here.

Not really, that's mostly the leaks and the general discussion thread

Question for you all. Do you think it’s a mistake if they introduce the Joker in this film? What I mean is, it looks like Reeves has really taken the time to create a creepy, psychotic version of the Riddler. But if there’s anything in this film that tips off the audience somewhat early on that the Joker is out there somewhere, then they might just be sitting there thinking, “Okay, let’s get the Riddler out of the way so Batman can get to the villain we REALLY care about.”

Conversely, if the Joker is just a late-film or post-credits stinger, that keeps the focus on the Riddler for this movie but also feels derivative of the end of Batman Begins (even if that was just a bit of an homage to the end of Year One). Still, it feels kinda “been there, done that.”

All that said, I worry a little that the serial killer-style elements they’ve given to the Riddler here might make the character feel like a wannabe Joker. Batman obviously has a lot of insane enemies but Riddler (in most interpretations that I’ve read) has been one of the more composed ones. Not say that he’s sane by any means but he’s also not typically portrayed as being as depraved or as vicious as the Joker, Zsasz, etc. Though that may have changed in the past decade or so; the last story I read that featured him prominently was Hush.

Anyway, just some thoughts on all of this. Let me be clear; I love EVERYTHING we’ve seen so far but I just have some mild concerns with all this Joker talk. I wonder if he should be the villain we end with; like, if Reeves has a trilogy planned, save him for the final chapter.

Question for you all. Do you think it’s a mistake if they introduce the Joker in this film? What I mean is, it looks like Reeves has really taken the time to create a creepy, psychotic version of the Riddler. But if there’s anything in this film that tips off the audience somewhat early on that the Joker is out there somewhere, then they might just be sitting there thinking, “Okay, let’s get the Riddler out of the way so Batman can get to the villain we REALLY care about.”

Conversely, if the Joker is just a late-film or post-credits stinger, that keeps the focus on the Riddler for this movie but also feels derivative of the end of Batman Begins (even if that was just a bit of an homage to the end of Year One). Still, it feels kinda “been there, done that.”

All that said, I worry a little that the serial killer-style elements they’ve given to the Riddler here might make the character feel like a wannabe Joker. Batman obviously has a lot of insane enemies but Riddler (in most interpretations that I’ve read) has been one of the more composed ones. Not say that he’s sane by any means but he’s also not typically portrayed as being as depraved or as vicious as the Joker, Zsasz, etc. Though that may have changed in the past decade or so; the last story I read that featured him prominently was Hush.

Anyway, just some thoughts on all of this. Let me be clear; I love EVERYTHING we’ve seen so far but I just have some mild concerns with all this Joker talk. I wonder if he should be the villain we end with; like, if Reeves has a trilogy planned, save him for the final chapter.

Well, I love the Joker character however I would prefer for him to only be introduced if he's going to be used well. I've posted in the previous pages of what I like in Joker and would therefore hope to see.

I do agree though that it would be best to allow the other villains to shine in this first film. As much as I like Joker, the character tends to get over used and overshadow other characters, and you can see that tendancy in the hype over the possibility that he might appear in this film. It could be interesting to see him in a film with several villains and where he's not the focus though, depending how they handle it.

Yes, teasing him at the very end if this film would feel way too similar to the last scene in Batman Begins, so I hope they do not do that. If they do have a trilogy yes it may even be best to leave him to the end. But Joker is so popular. Can they resist that? I feel that myself really as I love the character so always want to see more, even though often less is more and leaves you... wanting more. So, perhaps have him as a background presence in this first film if they must use him. That seems to be what they may be doing though tbf.

Joker bookending this in some way will have people say that regardless of how it’s executed.

Joker bookending this in some way will have people say that regardless of how it’s executed.

No they won't.

It's not about execution it's about being a completey different concept all together.

Begins ended with a joker card and had Batman and Jim discussion of it.

The Batman actually has Joker interracting with someone that's not a hero which is all I'm gonna say about this scene.

I understand the difference, but if we're talking about reactionary internet discussions, some people will say its a rehash. More so the people who already think it's all a rehash of Nolan to begin with. Which I disagree with.

No they won't.

It's not about execution it's about being a completey different concept all together.

Begins ended with a joker card and had Batman and Jim discussion of it.

The Batman actually has Joker interracting with someone that's not a hero which is all I'm gonna say about this scene.
He's putting together a team.

Ready for evil Nick Fury Joker lololol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"