• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Joker Thread - Part 1

I also wanna get a good unfiltered look at him, even though I don't care for the design a lot. It's an interesting take, but personally I find the face a bit too disturbing. It's genuinely hard to look at. If they actually have him cut his face off and wear it as a mask, I'm not completely sure if I'd even wanna see that movie tbh.

I'd like it to be dialed back a bit. Maybe this is only how he looks before he gets plastic surgery. Or maybe they just ditch this concept and start fresh, since it was just a deleted scene.

That Art Of book can't get here soon enough. I need to see more of him

Would you settle for a book by Art?

QqJgLirj9PBin0ow6-dCglqmdSrHOVnyqDfMso15cik.jpg

I also wanna get a good unfiltered look at him, even though I don't care for the design a lot. It's an interesting take, but personally I find the face a bit too disturbing. It's genuinely hard to look at. If they actually have him cut his face off and wear it as a mask, I'm not completely sure if I'd even wanna see that movie tbh.

I'd like it to be dialed back a bit. Maybe this is only how he looks before he gets plastic surgery. Or maybe they just ditch this concept and start fresh, since it was just a deleted scene.
I'd prefer they keep it the way it is just because of how bold it actually looks compared to what we've gotten in the past.
I don't think there's any way they'll give him a drastic redesign since Reeves seemingly already has his angle and everything for the character laid out.

Last edited:
Honestly they all LOOK unique in their own way, and fantastic. Silver Age Joker in 66, Golden Age Joker in all his 80's narcissitic glory in 89. Bronze Age Joker in all his terror inducing nihilism in TDK. Joker in all his adapted real world mental illness in 2019's Joker. And now the true horror of modern Joker in The Batman. And also, the Reach Around cringe of whatever Leto version is supposedly aiming to be.

Films that got called to mind when seeing Keoghan's Joker:

The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
The Man Who Laughs (1928)
Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
The Elephant Man (1980)
Agreed. Plus, comic book wise I was seeing Arkham Last House on Earth, Lee Bermejo's Joker, and Death of the Family. Along with one of those super scared, balding spotty hair takes from the Gotham TV show.

Has anyone else caught onto the Easter egg hidden in the prosthetics?

No thanks. He's more than messed up already; I feel like anything else would push this into edgelord territory
Oh, I’m not saying I’d like to see it. I can just see them going that route.

When I saw the Arkham suit on Riddler first, Ian Dury came to mind. His chaotic look I think would fit someone like Barry’s Joker. Kind of like… Lee Bermejo, Ian Dury, and Tyler Darden all walked into a bar.

72BC9481-4DF7-47FF-B02E-52447FCEDB3F.jpeg

77AB1B0E-0774-48B6-944B-267856B71068.jpeg

9688A263-79E5-414F-8A3F-30E4F6571BE7.jpeg

DED910C0-5B8D-4EDE-83D1-D8968715D6DB.jpeg

18618518-A8DA-4C8E-9301-5DAA8EC6A390.jpeg

I'd like to see him dressed like Bermejo / Tyler Durden as a new inspired look. All the looks have been to some degree exactly like the source material apart from the god awful gangsta version from Suicide Squad.

I hope this Joker really gives Batman emotional pain.

The Dark Knight touched on it but I really want them to hammer that vibe home if Matt Reeves decides to pit them against each other.

I want there rivalry to be personal.

Most likes I've gotten from Boom in my entire time on here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"