The Joker Thread - Part 1

He should only show up again if his character gets a total revamp from looks to personality.

I'm personally fine with Leto's Joker showing up regardless. If they re-tool him, I'm fine with that as well. The only issue I have is that I really want The Batman to give more focus on Batman's other rogues and not just a central focus again on Joker, but there's not really a point in having him just be a side thing again.

I would love to see a focus on a different member of Batman's rogue's gallery but I feel like Joker playing a significant role in The Batman is already kind of a foregone conclusion. I mean he's really the only Batman villain that's been adequately set up through the DCEU so far with the Robin suit with Joker graffiti in BvS and he and Harley being the only character Batman interacted with (outside of Deadshot and Waller). Having Batman go head to head with Joker in his solo movie in some fashion is a natural progression of that. Especially if they expand on the Jason Todd stuff in JL at all.

Ideally, it would be a best of both worlds situation where Joker is the "main threat" but other Rogue's are dealt with along the way and given introductions via an Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth adaption. Even though most people didn't love his interpretation of the character he and Harley were clearly the most popular characters to come out of Squad. So they're definitely not going to just abandon the characters altogether. I'm also afraid that with the Oscar win for Makeup and Hairstyling that it almost validates the new looks for the characters and that they won't change it.

As much as I was pro-Leto prior to Suicide Squad, I don't mind if Reeves gets to recast the role instead.

After Mark Hughes mentioned Toby Kebbell as a possibility, I'm really liking that option. It's criminal the guy's resume is so chock-full of bombs lately, someone needs to revive his credibility. He's too immensely talented.

What he did with Koba (in Apes) easily rivaled Serkis' performance, a veteran in that digital space.

Im all aboard the Richard Brake train.

Leto's Joker was a dead end. Batman has an extensive rogues gallery . Many possibilities .

C45EcReVMAA7jQm.jpg

He's got the facial structure for it.

As someone else mentioned it would be cool if the Joker just had a totally different look every different movie.

One thing that we know doesn't matter at all when casting a cb movie: the actors facial structure and Or resemblance to the illustrations from the books. I could give examples that prove this definitively, but they're to numerous and obvious to bother.

One thing that we know doesn't matter at all when casting a cb movie: the actors facial structure and Or resemblance to the illustrations from the books. I could give examples that prove this definitively, but they're to numerous and obvious to bother.

Bruce Vilanch for Joker I say! He's got the grin.

Bruce+Vilanch+wpQHM0UkegIm.jpg

On paper Leto seemed like the perfect actor
but his performance was disappointing,IDK what wrong

This guy should of been MR J
file.php

They aren't going to recast him, so I don't know why such a fruitless discussion is still being waged, the only way I see any recasting is if Leto outright refuses to honor his contract and won't do the next movie, which wouldn't be wise on his part.

They aren't going to recast him, so I don't know why such a fruitless discussion is still being waged, the only way I see any recasting is if Leto outright refuses to honor his contract and won't do the next movie, which wouldn't be wise on his part.

I've been saying this for months. It's redundant to keep discussing a recast when nobody at WB is thinking about it & Leto himself wants to return.

For some Leto was so bad in the role that some people just cling to the hope that a recast will happen.

Last edited:
Leto was so bad in the role that some people just cling to the hope that a recast will happen.

Maybe Warner Bros. felt Leto wasn't the blame for that. Or maybe even Warner Bros. thinks Leto did a good job.

Maybe Warner Bros. felt Leto wasn't the blame for that. Or maybe even Warner Bros. thinks Leto did a good job.

Most likely considering it's WB. After all they rehired Zack Snyder, and they're probably going to bring Jesse Eisenberg back.

Last edited:

That is not reassuring considering WB felt that making the Green Lantern suit CGI was the right thing, and they thought that their take on the man of steel who stands for hope is to make him dark and broody would be the best thing to build a cinematic universe around...so yeah.

Having said that, Leto isnt to blame for anything about Suicide Squad...he can be blamed for his creepy behaviour while shooting, but thats it.
He did a good job as the joker...which is not that hard to be honest to do.
The Joker is one of the easier casting choices because he is changeable
due to the way the character was always written.

I would love to see a focus on a different member of Batman's rogue's gallery but I feel like Joker playing a significant role in The Batman is already kind of a foregone conclusion.

Batman movies with the Joker make a LOT more money than Batman movies without the Joker. So WB is probably going to notice that. Kinda like how they focus so much attention on Batman. Sure it would be nice if other DC characters got some attention too, but WB makes their money with Batman. Fox has some of that disease with Woverine and the Xmen.

Batman movies with the Joker make a LOT more money than Batman movies without the Joker. So WB is probably going to notice that. Kinda like how they focus so much attention on Batman. Sure it would be nice if other DC characters got some attention too, but WB makes their money with Batman. Fox has some of that disease with Woverine and the Xmen.
Is Skwad, WB's Deadpool?

Sadly that's a real possibility

It would be a shame if the only ones who think he did well are the people who actually call the shots.

He should only show up again if his character gets a total revamp from looks to personality.

Yes. I don't think that a soft retcon of the Joker could at all hurt the future instalments. Imagine if, at the start of production for The Batman, WB released a photo of Leto in the timeless classic Joker getup. The hype would spread like a wild fire

About the "different style Joker in every movie".... noooo. I don't mind it if he has different suits and hairstyles as long as they're still essentially the iconic comicbook Joker

I'll take a stab for you ...

Reeves
Keaton
Nicholson
Jackman
Molina
Bale
Caine
Ledger
RDJ
Ruffalo
Johansson
Eisenberg (IMO)

Basically all the best versions of the characters on screen. More immersion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"