The Joker Thread - Part 1

You can make it work somehow but I don't want it to happen like at all.

Yes exactly. It’s not nearly as complicated as some people think it is.

It can work, but the stars have to align. All I’m saying is it’s more than possible. Likely? I’m not sure. But I do know the execs are pushing for Joaquin in Reeves’ series. Money talks. You don’t make 1B on established IP and then immediately recast, that’s bad business.
ok what you’re saying is clicking with me now. I think what may hurt this is Todd Phillips making a sequel that definitively states that the events of the first film are true. Instead of creating more ambiguity though a sequel. Maybe they should leave it be and let negotiations happen between Reeves and Joaquin.

I just get the feeling that Joaquin won’t be interested in working with anyone other than Todd. Hopefully Joaquin sees The Batman next year and it excites him. I guess i’m pushing against this because I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment. So I’m trying to be open to a new, young actor in the role. But my first choice was always to connect both worlds.

ok what you’re saying is clicking with me now. I think what may hurt this is Todd Phillips making a sequel that definitively states that the events of the first film are true. Instead of creating more ambiguity though a sequel. Maybe they should leave it be and let negotiations happen between Reeves and Joaquin.

I just get the feeling that Joaquin won’t be interested in working with anyone other than Todd. Hopefully Joaquin sees The Batman next year and it excites him. I guess i’m pushing against this because I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment. So I’m trying to be open to a new, young actor in the role. But my first choice was always to connect both worlds.
Yes! Exactly. Agreed on all accounts.

I also don’t see the more sympathetic nature of Joker in the 2019 film as a roadblock. It makes sense that he would appear sympathetic when it’s from his point of view. I’d like to see a more sinister version of the character that reflects reality more, instead of Joker’s warped view of himself.

It would be silly to not find a way to use Joaquin. They would be fools not to try. They tried to get Bale back for BVS, they should try to get Joaquin for this series.

Yes! Exactly. Agreed on all accounts.

I also don’t see the more sympathetic nature of Joker in the 2019 film as a roadblock. It makes sense that he would appear sympathetic when it’s from his point of view. I’d like to see a more sinister version of the character that reflects reality more, instead of Joker’s warped view of himself.

It would be silly to not find a way to use Joaquin. They would be fools not to try. They tried to get Bale back for BVS, they should try to get Joaquin for this series.
You can just get another actor . How about that?

Some of you don’t understand how special the Joker movie was. 1B and a best actor win. You don’t just recast, you do everything you can to keep that same actor.

If they use Joaquin, suddenly Batman 2 or 3 becomes a crossover event instead of another Batman/Joker movie. Joaquin Joker in Reeves Batman = more $$$. And $$$ is the language of the studios.

Of course you can recast, don't be ridiculous.

People will still show up for a Batman/Joker movie if they liked the first movies. Cast any big name actor, and do the character justice.

Of course you can recast, don't be ridiculous.

People will still show up for a Batman/Joker movie if they liked the first movies. Cast any big name actor, and do the character justice.
Who is being ridiculous? I think you are for not even reading what I’m saying. I’m open to anything. I’m fine with a recast even though i think it’s a better idea to get Joaquin (the greatest actor of his generation) back.

I do believe they will make more money by promoting the eventual Batman/Joker as a crossover with Joaquin.

dude won best ****ing actor for this role and you guys immediately advocate a recast? Foolish. That’s also not how the studios think. There are execs pressuring Reeves to get Joaquin as we speak. They don’t care what makes sense from a story POV. They care about $$$. Joaquin = $$$. His movie made more movie than the last 3 movies to feature Batman. Do you recognize how significant that is? I really don’t think any of you anti Joaquin/Reeves guys realize this. You’re not thinking like the execs, you’re thinking like fans.

for the record, I’ve ok with whatever they do as long as it’s good. Adam Driver would be my choice for a recast.

Lets bring Ledger back digitally. He was better than Joaquin anyway.

Joaquin Phoenix IS The Joker right now. It would be extremely counterintuitive to hire someone else right now.

some of you underestimate how culturally important that movie was. Literal political revolutions have been inspired by this film.

No logic here. Some of you can’t think like execs and only as fans. That’s understandable.

I’m expecting the execs to push for Joaquin, but I doubt Reeves will want to use Joaquin, I think he’ll want to cast his own Joker.

I have a strong feeling that Pattinson would want to work with Phoenix though. Imagining those two together has me salivating.

will-poulter.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix IS The Joker right now. It would be extremely counterintuitive to hire someone else right now.

some of you underestimate how culturally important that movie was. Literal political revolutions have been inspired by this film.

No logic here. Some of you can’t think like execs and only as fans. That’s understandable.

I’m expecting the execs to push for Joaquin, but I doubt Reeves will want to use Joaquin, I think he’ll want to cast his own Joker.

I have a strong feeling that Pattinson would want to work with Phoenix though. Imagining those two together has me salivating.
I can think like an executive and have thought like an executive. I just don't care about that logic here at all. I don't want to see Phoenix in this film series or even a Joker sequel.

I can think like an executive and have thought like an executive. I just don't care about that logic here at all. I don't want to see Phoenix in this film series or even a Joker sequel.
I've voiced this the other day so it doesn't bear repeating in full, but there are just too many variables at play here for me to give the idea that much serious consideration. I'd honestly go so far as to say that Phoenix coming back would basically be a BTS miracle.

Phoenix is a great actor. There are others out there. Keep diversifying the palate.

I said Joker could be recast and played amazingly by other actors after Ledger and here we are with massive critical and commercial success. The character is amazing and there are a number of great actors who I think would bring their best for this character and all of who could be successful on all fronts. If I had to choose I’d want Joaquin to be Reeves’ Joker, but if that doesn’t happen I think the alternative could still be really great.

I agree but Joker is obviously set in the 80’s, and that’s when Bruce’s parents were killed. So if 20 years have passed, it would be around 2001 by the time The Batman unfolds. This movie could very well be set in the early 2000’s and have modern cars, HD cameras. That could work. But not if it’s set in 2021. It’s too much of a leap of logic. Not everything needs to be explained in this world, but i can’t take this matchup seriously if Pattinson’s two years into his mission (in the 2020’s) and you want me to believe he was twenty years younger...in the early 80’s? It’s dumb. And feels forced by the studio.
Flashpoint!!! Flash can save the DC universe. I know it will never happen but it is going to be hard to do a Batman trilogy without Joker. Money would certainly be left on the table.

Flashpoint!!! Flash can save the DC universe. I know it will never happen but it is going to be hard to do a Batman trilogy without Joker. Money would certainly be left on the table.

Doing it without Joaquin Phoenix doesn’t mean doing it without The Joker.

The only guy that could get people excited after Joaquin ****ing Phoenix is Adam Driver

You know what Oscar nominated alister would really get people talking?

Michael-Keaton-Movies-Ranked.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"