The Joker Thread - Part 1

You know what Oscar nominated alister would really get people talking?

Michael-Keaton-Movies-Ranked.jpg

he could do it, but I’d rather get Bale.

Keaton’s true calling is Batman Beyond

Phoenix in Joker was one of the best performances I’ve seen in years.

But acting like he’s the ONLY one who can play Joker is the same as acting like no one was allowed to follow Ledger.

Phoenix will not be the last Joker.

Don’t get your hopes up for Joaquin. The man didn’t want to say the name “Wayne” in Joker. He’s not doing a Batman movie. lol

And if you say $$$ talks, you clearly haven’t followed Joaquin’s career.

I’m exhausted. You guys are not reading what I am saying. You think you are but you’re just seeing what you want to see. Good god. Quit skimming my posts and actually read them. I just brought up Adam Driver. They can and probably will recast, but I think they should seek Joaquin.

This is an exhausting debate. I can’t continue to talk about this with people that are literally just seeing what they want to see in my posts and respond to imaginary ideas that they think I’m espousing.

Joaquin should remain Joker IMO. But I am also open to a recast. Holy **** how many times do I have to say this?

I’m exhausted. You guys are not reading what I am saying. You think you are but you’re just seeing what you want to see. Good god. Quit skimming my posts and actually read them. I just brought up Adam Driver. They can and probably will recast, but I think they should seek Joaquin.

This is an exhausting debate. I can’t continue to talk about this with people that are literally just seeing what they want to see in my posts and respond to imaginary ideas that they think I’m espousing.

Joaquin should remain Joker IMO. But I am also open to a recast. Holy **** how many times do I have to say this?

Sure, the events of JOKER can easily be one possible answer in Joker’s multiple choice question past. Continuity-wise, you could sell it that way if Joaquin came back. And from a business standpoint, WB should approach Joaquin.

HOWEVER, there’s no way in hell he’d do it.

We need a break from Joker. Providing we get more than two Pattinson movies, he should be hinted at in clues, easter eggs etc, then appear in the last one.

This is true culturally. Personally though, I’d love Joker ASAP because I found his last two outings to be completely terrible.

Business-wise it’s the best possible outcome. But yes, Joaquin won’t do it for 600 million dollars. It has to excite him creatively. The pitch has to be on point. The multiple choice angle is the way to go, and he and Reeves would have to both like it. Reeves has control or he walks, so if he’s determined to use a different Joker, then he will.

We don't even know if Reeves is doing The Joker in the first place.

I wold not mind if the joker is skipped over. Would rather see other villains like Madhatter, Hugo Strange, another proper stab at Scarecrow

Hugo Strange deserves a movie to himself as the big bad

I liked how Clayface was one of his “monster men” on Gotham. It was a nice twist and still felt in keeping with the original Monster Men story and Clayface’s origin. Wouldn’t mind seeing the two of them in the sequel to The Batman.

People talk about Joker burnout, but we literally haven’t seen a proper Batman vs Joker movie since 2008. Suicide Squad doesn’t count. The third movie of this trilogy should definitely be set within Arkham with Joker as the big bad IMO.

Dude you brought up Driver as the supposed only other actor who could get people excited. I didn't imagine that hahaha. No one is actually saying you are completely against another actor, but every time you bring Phoenix up for this there will be at least two people who poo poo it because we don't want to see it.

Hugo Strange deserves a movie to himself as the big bad

I liked how Clayface was one of his “monster men” on Gotham. It was a nice twist and still felt in keeping with the original Monster Men story and Clayface’s origin. Wouldn’t mind seeing the two of them in the sequel to The Batman.
I want this.

Dude you brought up Driver as the supposed only other actor who could get people excited. I didn't imagine that hahaha. No one is actually saying you are completely against another actor, but every time you bring Phoenix up for this there will be at least two people who poo poo it because we don't want to see it.
I’m tired of people ****ting on the idea because they don’t think it’s possible. Let’s be real, it’s totally possible. If you don’t want it, say so. Don’t act like it can’t happen because of continuity issues. Not saying you specifically have acted like this. I’m just saying it’s possible and would be a slam dunk business decision. Bringing Joaquin into the mix turns a sequel into a crossover event immediately. Joker was able to appeal to an elusive demographic that might typically scoff at the idea of a superhero film. Bringing his Joker in could expand the potential audience.

The pool is extremely limited in terms of actors that can get audiences as excited as Phoenix’s financially and critically successful iteration would. There’s really only a handful of actors out there that could garner good buzz and overcome the possible fallout that could result from not bringing back Phoenix.
I’m open to quite a few actors, but the general audience is going to have some extremely high expectations. We’re coming off a best actor win. This is literally unprecedented territory for a comic book movie. The casting will have to be pitch perfect if they want to replace Phoenix as Joker.

I just don’t know why you guys are acting like it’s so simple to recast. We got an Oscar winner as Joker in Suicide Squad and he sucked. And now we’re coming off a Joker movie that earned the star a best actor win and the movie made 1B+. This is unprecedented territory and a recast is going to be a tough sell. WB would be wise to do whatever they can to get Joaquin to commit.

Hugo Strange (Prey style), Clayface (more serial killer than shapeshifter. But it would be interesting if Reeves can work the monster men into his universe), Court of Owls (Eyes Wide Shut style).

I’d like to see Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist cameo in Arkham. Beyond that I’m not too interested.

Scarecrow could use another movie, as a main villain. Adam Driver would be perfection. But I feel like Reeves is going to give him a cameo as well. Two-Face might be in the same boat.

Prey is such a good Batman story. I’d be ecstatic if it provided the basis for a sequel. It’s a great option for a story set in the early days of Batman’s career. You can easily swap out some of the minor characters in that storyline with more prominent villains as well. Loads of potential.

If they used Phoenix and actually connected Joker with this movie instead of having him play some other version of the joker, he’d be in his 60’s in this timeline.
I actually kinda like the idea of a creepy old Joker pulling the strings in some crazy plot.
I think that would work well for a noir detective type story too.

That’s basically the only way I’d want it to happen.
And even then....I just don’t know :funny:

I just don’t know why you guys are acting like it’s so simple to recast. We got an Oscar winner as Joker in Suicide Squad and he sucked. And now we’re coming off a Joker movie that earned the star a best actor win and the movie made 1B+. This is unprecedented territory and a recast is going to be a tough sell. WB would be wise to do whatever they can to get Joaquin to commit.

It could be years before we see the Joker in this series, if we even see him at all. So the hype surrounding Phoenix will have long since died when the Joker eventually appears. And people won't mind Phoenix not returning when they realize the movie isn't set in the same universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"