The Joker Thread - Part 1

Long face, pointy nose, strong cheekbones, pretty wide grin. Looks like Gyllenhaal and Driver to me personally.

Now all I can think about is Joker coming through some woman’s apartment window, shoots her, then slips back out like a smooth criminal.

Now all I can think about is Joker coming through some woman’s apartment window, shoots her, then slips back out like a smooth criminal.
I honestly kinda prefer the Alien Ant Farm version

I honestly kinda prefer the Alien Ant Farm version
e1cee0b20a3a292f6d270e877853b335.gif

It's interesting you first thought of his fictional crimes and not the ones that took place IRL. :p

I think with how most film versions of Joker tend to be influenced by musicians in some way (Prince with Nicholson, Sex Pistols/Iggy Pop/ Pete Doherty and a rumored-but-not-confirmed possibility of Tom Waits for Ledger, I guess maybe... "If David Bowie did trap" as I've heard it once described for Leto), I wouldn't mind it at all if the next Joker had some influence from Mike Patton.

Dude pretty much IS The Joker of the music world. His projects like Mr. Bungle suit the character very well . I wouldn't even mind if he voice acted for the role in something and/or composed his theme etc

Screen-Shot-2019-02-25-at-5.33.04-PM-e1551134117537.png

Patton is my favourite vocalist of all time and Mr Bungle’s hilarious and genius first album is in my top 10 albums. So yes, I love that. But I’d go with Patton’s more fancy, orchestral music for influence on this Joker.

I think with how most film versions of Joker tend to be influenced by musicians in some way (Prince with Nicholson, Sex Pistols/Iggy Pop/ Pete Doherty and a rumored-but-not-confirmed possibility of Tom Waits for Ledger, I guess maybe... "If David Bowie did trap" as I've heard it once described for Leto), I wouldn't mind it at all if the next Joker had some influence from Mike Patton.

Dude pretty much IS The Joker of the music world. His projects like Mr. Bungle suit the character very well . I wouldn't even mind if he voice acted for the role in something and/or composed his theme etc

Screen-Shot-2019-02-25-at-5.33.04-PM-e1551134117537.png
Are their any songs of theirs in particular you think suit the character, because I only know Patton through Faith No More.

I'm probably thinking too big for this universe, but I wouldn't mind a sort of "Bowie meets Marilyn Manson" type-Joker. I'm not even that big on the MM influence anyways; just for the face (pale skin, red lips, etc)

Are their any songs of theirs in particular you think suit the character, because I only know Patton through Faith No More.
Even some FNM songs fit the character tbh lol ( I always imagine Joker imitating the music video for their "I Started a Joke" cover in a club or something before gassing the whole audience ), but I'd go with Bungle's self titled album to start. Quote Unquote, Carousel, My Ass is On Fire (that one even has a line that goes "carve a smile on your face, everything's great, suffocate") etc. Unfortunately, posting any of them or their music videos would be inappropriate on here lol. But definitely check em out.

Patton is my favourite vocalist of all time and Mr Bungle’s hilarious and genius first album is in my top 10 albums. So yes, I love that. But I’d go with Patton’s more fancy, orchestral music for influence on this Joker.
Everything about this is pure Joker indeed

His voice acting in The Darkness makes me believe he'd come up with an insane voice for Joker. Maybe for an ASHOSE adaptation (although I'd kinda prefer a live action version tbh)

Remember how Richard E. Grant was rumored for Alfred?

What if Reeves was meeting with him for Joker? Right after his Oscar for Can You Ever Forgive Me? That would have been right around when Gyleenhaal was rumored to have met with Reeves, and if Reeves was looking for actors to play Joker, it would make sense he would have met with Grant right after his big win. I can totally see a recurring Hannibal Lecter esque Joker pitched to actors in 2018 or 2019.

Remember how Richard E. Grant was rumored for Alfred?

What if Reeves was meeting with him for Joker? Right after his Oscar for Can You Ever Forgive Me? That would have been right around when Gyleenhaal was rumored to have met with Reeves, and if Reeves was looking for actors to play Joker, it would make sense he would have met with Grant right after his big win. I can totally see a recurring Hannibal Lecter esque Joker pitched to actors in 2018 or 2019.
Are you mocking me lol

Go on YouTube and search Mr Bungle Chemical Marriage. Then listen to Quote Unquote, Carousel and Pink Cigarette.

Chemical Marriage is..... certainly different. Pink Cigarette sounds like something he'd have playing in the background while torturing someone.

If I wanna get Heath'd again, then Andrew Garfield seems like the best choice.

Chemical Marriage is..... certainly different. Pink Cigarette sounds like something he'd have playing in the background while torturing someone.
I suggested those two songs for that effect. Chemical Marriage just to weird you out. It’s like Joker’s warped mind in the form of sound. Pink Cigarette is definitely how I’d picture Joker chillin’ after murdering someone. A little slow dance lol. The other two have a strong circus vibe: Quote Unquote (aka Travolta) with a darker heavier vibe. And Carousel pure comedy.

I always imagine Quote Unquote playing while Batman is walking through some sort of amusement park trap or something Joker set up and Joker keeps popping in and out to attack Batman and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"