Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a chance (and will seek many more over the next few days, home for the holidays, and always looking for a means to escape the 12 people in this house) to see JL for only a second time on Thursday night with my brother in law and nephew, and I'm upping my original rating from a 7 to 8.5, slightly influenced by the world's newest and biggest Flash fan, one whom has got me wishing I could find a Ezra Miller Flash figure by tomorrow night. Unfortunately for him, I'm now two glasses of wine into the afternoon, and not about to star hitting up Targets.

General gripes remain, I think the history lesson or a little more narrative about Steppenwolf/New Gods to open the film would have done wonders for the overall story, but I'll be gosh darned if watching this a second time without any expectations didn't leave me with a smile on my face and wanting to see it again. And with that, I'm rolling out my DC film ratings: 1: JL, 2: BvS, 3: MoS, 4: WW, 5: SS.

It is more enjoyable the second time round. (Even though it still feels slight.) I enjoyed Ezra's Flash more this time. Also when Ben was taking the mickey out of Aquamomoa, who was giving Cyborg a hard time. While Ezra just wanted to eat.

I could appreciate some of the visuals more, such as the history lesson, or the parademons swarming the reactor.

The history lesson I loved first time and will love every time I see it.

Torrent sites can be your friend.

I'm tempted. I typically stay away from torrents, I can't say I even know how to acquire one, but I'd be such a hero to throw that up on one of the twenty tvs in this house tomorrow, that I think I'd be a darned fool not to investigate. Especially since I'd legit buy it for him (and myself)

It is more enjoyable the second time round. (Even though it still feels slight.) I enjoyed Ezra's Flash more this time. Also when Ben was taking the mickey out of Aquamomoa, who was giving Cyborg a hard time. While Ezra just wanted to eat.

I could appreciate some of the visuals more, such as the history lesson, or the parademons swarming the reactor.

Like most of these films, I always go in with preconceived notions and the second viewing typically ends up being more pleasing. But with BvS, I can remember being mixed to say the least when I first saw it, but it stirred something in me that made me want to see it the next day, whereas with JL I liked it, 7/10'd it, but I felt a little disappointed and felt in no rush to see it again. Thursday night after watching it, I was like, dang, I wanna see that all again, right here, right now. And the theater janitor was just like, Sir, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here

Like most of these films, I always go in with preconceived notions and the second viewing typically ends up being more pleasing. But with BvS, I can remember being mixed to say the least when I first saw it, but it stirred something in me that made me want to see it the next day, whereas with JL I liked it, 7/10'd it, but I felt a little disappointed and felt in no rush to see it again. Thursday night after watching it, I was like, dang, I wanna see that all again, right here, right now. And the theater janitor was just like, Sir, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here

:funny: So the movie rendered you immobile, huh?

After I saw it I was just worried that the movie would do things like tarnish what the Wonder Woman movie did for the character and for Gal Gadot. But seeing it again, WW comes across as pretty good here. There was that fanboy panic.

I also wondered about what it would do for introducing the new characters and their solo movies. I can't say that that fear has gone away, with the DCEU still feeling in disarray.

But all in all, I think the actors and the characters did pretty well. It's just the movie wasn't great as a whole to me, though some elements worked. Some worked really well.

I think whoever's in Ebert's chair these days, compared it to TFA, and in terms of its breeziness, I think that's apt. Everything wasn't fleshed out, but it's a very active film, something I felt BvS suffered from, in large part due to its run time and the Lois sub-plot being overly complicated (if not outright unnecessary)

Injustice 2 is looking good though

8rVezzH.jpg

I dislike this movie the more I watch it. The thin plot becomes more and more apparent and the fact begins to dawn on me that I'm watching an average story uplifted by the brands of A-list superheroes.

How is it that the scale of Zod's invasion felt more dangerous and the stakes felt higher there than the threat presented in a Justice League film?

I don't understanding watching a movie you dislike more than once, because if you don't like it, of course you're only going to grow to loathe it. Same goes for eating my brother in law's cooking

Well it started out as an 8 for me lol. I did like the film, I'm just catching on to its flaws now that the novelty is wearing off.

Anything you enjoy is always better tempered with moderation. Save for this wine

I dislike this movie the more I watch it. The thin plot becomes more and more apparent and the fact begins to dawn on me that I'm watching an average story uplifted by the brands of A-list superheroes.

How is it that the scale of Zod's invasion felt more dangerous and the stakes felt higher there than the threat presented in a Justice League film?

I think it's about things balancing out. If you really liked it, you may see its flaws. If you really hated it, it may not be as bad as you thought. So it falls somewhere in the middle. Ultimately, my problem with it is that it is "average", which is a shame.

Zod's invasion did feel more dangerous. It was more of a massive scale, the effects were greater- it was digging into the Earth and dragging people up. What we got here was a tentacle outbreak somewhere in remote Russia, seeing one family get their car pushed by Ezra Miller, and Superman and Cyborg having a bit of banter over a Mother Box. :oldrazz:

WB flinched at MoS' criticisms, plain and simple. "Too much action" and "too dark" were the dominant complaints lodged at that film. So as a result we get a climax with tame action and little stakes with lots of light hearted humor sprinkled in.

They need to flip through some JL comics and honker down. Injustice League next film?

Adapt Tower of Babel and lose the Batman leaves the JL. Honestly I'd have it lead into CSA/Forever Evil blend.

WB flinched at MoS' criticisms, plain and simple. "Too much action" and "too dark" were the dominant complaints lodged at that film. So as a result we get a climax with tame action and little stakes with lots of light hearted humor sprinkled in.

Superman Returns - Not Enough Action
Man of Steel - Not Enough Plot
Batman v Superman - Too Much Plot
Justice League - [BLACKOUT]Error 404[/BLACKOUT]

I'm still trying to process the logic on why they had to insert new shots within a lot of Snyder's footage in the film, especially when anyone with common sense could tell the difference between the two sets of footage and the CGI background.

Case in point, adding a few insert shots of Ben and Jason during their characters's first encounter in Iceland where Ben's appearance is noticeably different along with the green screen background behind Jason being very obvious.

Or even the stuff about brunch between Barry and Bruce as well.

And what's worse is that it feels like there wasn't even an attempt to make the actors and background setting look identical to how they appeared in Snyder's footage because you could easily tell the difference in Ben's appearance between Snyder's and Whedon's footage, let alone on how the mask he used as Batman was different as well.

Ezra had shorter bangs in front of his hair in Whedon's footage and Gal's hair was more brown and permed in Whedon's footage when compared to her darker hair color that had more of a silk-like appearance.

It just seems like WB wanted to get this over and done with tbh and move on to 'phase' 2

I hope we get all the deleted scenes in one form or another

I'm really curious what snyder did that was so bad lmao, you think he blew up those kids at the beginning in the hostage situation? (in bts footage it looks like it blows up)

It just seems like WB wanted to get this over and done with tbh and move on to 'phase' 2

I hope we get all the deleted scenes in one form or another

I'm really curious what snyder did that was so bad lmao, you think he blew up those kids at the beginning in the hostage situation? (in bts footage it looks like it blows up)

I get the reason on why they couldn't necessarily cancel "Justice League" after the reception for "Batman v Superman" came out due to how much they had already spent in pre-production and securing both the locations and cast's schedule but if they didn't have any faith in Snyder's skills as a Director then they should have found a replacement for him and have that new director direct the movie with Snyder's and Terrio's original screenplay but with some revisions to some of the content to suit their needs.

They could have still given story and producing credits to Snyder while filming everything that they needed the first time around so that they wouldn't have had to spend an extra 50 million in extensive re-shoots.

I mean look at how fast the folks over at Disney were able to find a replacement director for their Han Solo prequel film.

Plus, they wouldn't have gotten as much negative press in laying off Snyder back then after the reception that BvS got as opposed to the reception that they've gotten now by taking advantage of Snyder's personal real life tragedy as a form of excuse.

So what the consensus is that people no longer believe that Zack stepped down of his own free will?

idk, i imagine his announcement in May could've been a half truth as I don't see snyder being the type of dude to use his daughter like that without some truth to it ya know

like the stress of losing your daughter and being told to change your vision so much being his reason

if he did follow through with the reshoots he would have had to deal with so many people going ham over the CGI face/editing/runtime etc. while dealing with his own personal sorrows

probably made the right decision for himself to let WB get a bigger share of hate and leaving his vision as more of a what if whether it be trash or not

just a ****** situation all round

Reshoots or not, I think his mind was not as committed to the movie after the incident, you can see how good MoS looks and then compare what he was going to do in the JL, the plan and storyboards were not as ambitious and lacked scale.

And I don't think Snyder could have re-imagined the third act, even if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"