• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched BvS VFX breakdown. Acting in front of a green screen is hard. You have to sync with what the director and Vfx supervisor are imagining the scene to be.

I think the movie's vfx effects are not 'complete yet', to say nothing about things like editing and musical score, so it highly unlikely that Diane Lane has seen a 'finished product. Her opinion could be based on what she has seen though, which is not full movie in any case.

I doubt Diane lane was on set for more than a week or two and probably didn't even see the whole script much less a cut of the film.

Diane was trolling and DC fanboy nation melts down, while haters rejoice

She probably didn't know what to say to a question like that right now and so just gave a vague answer and of course everyone put a spin on it to make her look bad or that the film is doing bad

Common sense dictates she hasnt seen the movie yet, as its far from being finished. She just didnt want to answer a loaded question like that.

io9:
Superman's Mom Hates to Be Honest, But Justice League Is Worse Than Batman v. Superman

clickbaiters gotta clickbait.

If she had said yes...

"DC ACTOR STARTS FLAMEWAR, ATTACKS MARVEL AND CLAIMS JL IS BETTER THAN AVENGERS"

Is that a real headline title? That pisses me off right there! Some people just want to watch the DCEU burn in flames

Last edited:
Common sense dictates she hasnt seen the movie yet, as its far from being finished. She just didnt want to answer a loaded question like that.

She got set up.

Completely agree, that was a loaded question, few know how to handle those.. Diane Lane looks like a really honest person, so it was a difficult question for her to answer.

Though, Momoa and Ezra can handle such questions easily. :o

Is that a real headline title? That pisses me off right there! Some people just want to watch the DCEU burn in flames

Never underestimate the combination of DCEU hate + Zack Snyder hate. A glimpse of how they will try to spin articles about JL leading up to the movie's release.

Yeah, what a whack article. I think she was saying "No I can't give away any spoilers and No I can't tell you if it's better than a Avengers because I don't know enough about it, I doubt I've even seen Avengers, I'm probably not that into CBMs in general, and I'm not gonna answer a trolling question like that."

Translation: "I've seen the completed product, it's garbage compared to anything Marvel has ever released, just more meh in a sea of meh. Oh, and Wonder Woman sucks, too."

Eh I don't really see why it matters at all. Like if you're a DCEU hater, you can't really use this as evidence of anything. She praised BvS, specifically the Martha scene. So you can't all of sudden be like, "She was wrong about BvS, but she's right about JL." I mean, if you hate BvS, then if anything this outta context quote some of you are latching onto should inspire confidence. Clearly her taste can't be trusted.

And if you love BvS, then this not being better than the Avengers isn't really a big thing to talk about. Avengers was a game changer, so not being better than it doesn't make it a bad movie.

Non-story to be honest though.

Hell, how pissed do you think the DC execs we're over Lane's statement if it was taken out of context or not. I imagine they're fuming.

Eh I don't really see why it matters at all. Like if you're a DCEU hater, you can't really use this as evidence of anything. She praised BvS, specifically the Martha scene. So you can't all of sudden be like, "She was wrong about BvS, but she's right about JL." I mean, if you hate BvS, then if anything this outta context quote some of you are latching onto should inspire confidence. Clearly her taste can't be trusted.

And if you love BvS, then this not being better than the Avengers isn't really a big thing to talk about. Avengers was a game changer, so not being better than it doesn't make it a bad movie.

Non-story to be honest though.

But I think the point is that she wasn't even saying it wasn't as good as Avengers. She just wasn't comfortable answering the question. She was just doing a job, acting in a film. She may not have even seen Avengers, or enjoy CBMs. Especially with all the criticism and comparisons between Marvel and DC, she just refused to get involved in the fanboy competition and cut both questions off with a simple answer

Hell, how pissed do you think the DC execs we're over Lane's statement if it was taken out of context or not. I imagine they're fuming.

I dont think they give much of a damn really. Nobody apart from some hardcore nerds read what she said.

I doubt they'll lose sleep over this. The movie is like 6 months away. Their marketing game has always been strong and that will probably drown out this incident. However it's almost inevitable that as the release date inches closer more such instances of ambush journalism and negative press will sprawl up to try and kill some of the hype around the movie.

I dont think they give much of a damn really. Nobody apart from some hardcore nerds read what she said.

Oh, I certainly don't think this will play any major role in anything, but few things piss off execs more than someone involved with the production potentially bad mouthing it. And if the film doesn't do well, don't think they won't point the finger at this partially. Look what they're doing with Depp. They're blaming Alice on his tabloid **** with his ex wife. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the movie being a steaming pile of hobo turds that was DOA when it arrived.

Oh, I certainly don't think this will play any major role in anything, but few things piss off execs more than someone involved with the production potentially bad mouthing it. And if the film doesn't do well, don't think they won't point the finger at this partially. Look what they're doing with Depp. They're blaming Alice on his tabloid **** with his ex wife. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the movie being a steaming pile of hobo turds that was DOA when it arrived.

I mean its not as if she said something horrible. She was asked if it was better than the Avengers. She said no. It can be as good...if you take her word as is.

Its just a loaded question that has no right answer. Nvm the fact she hasnt even seen the movie probably and the movie doesnt even have a final cut.

Everything is click bait now. The so-called "entertainment media" needs this type of headlines cause they are dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"