The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halle Berry's acceptance speech for her Razzie award for Catwoman maybe?

Yeah, perhaps Halle Berry started the trend. Now everyone in the film industry wants a piece of the action. lol

It's like I have 10 Oscars, well sure but where is your Razzie.

Surfer

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone. Hopefully the rights revert for the Fantastic Four this upcoming year. For me it would be a dream come true.

Surfer

So the positive people who are looking forward to this movie because it is Josh Trank as director, here's a question: What if he's not the director anymore after this fiasco and his name is removed from the credits?

So the positive people who are looking forward to this movie because it is Josh Trank as director, here's a question: What if he's not the director anymore after this fiasco and his name is removed from the credits?

Alan Smithee has a much more extensive directorial resume than Josh Trank.

I'm curious if Fox is happy with their cast at this point if the Trank stuff is true. One of the few things we know about the film is that Trank picked much of the cast (including casting MBJ without even auditioning another actor). I wonder if Fox even WANTS to make more FF films in this continuity.

:funny:

Yeah, but will even he want to take credit for this one?

There's a comedy called "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn" about a director, whose real name is Alan Smithee, who wants to disown his own movie but can't because the only pseudonym he's allowed to use is Alan Smithee. :hehe: Eventually, unable to do anything, he steals the film and threatens to burn it. Maybe Josh Trank will do something similar with FFINO, saving us all from experiencing it.

Funnily enough, this movie was directed by none other than Alan Smithee.

I can't wait till we get more news or information about what's going on with this production. The longer we get nothing, the worse I assume things are getting for them.

I haven't been keeping up with this forum. Whats the rumor about Josh Trank?

I haven't been keeping up with this forum. Whats the rumor about Josh Trank?

Where to start?

The rumor that he didn't screen test MBJ? The rumor about him sexually harassing Kate Mara? The rumor about Trank costing the studio more money to repair a home he destroyed for the film than the actual film cost? Maybe you're thinking of the rumor that Trank would often not show up and when he did, he was both high and late? Then there's the rumor about him being fired in post-production after the producers saw the footage and found it to be unreleasable.

Those are the Trank rumors.

Keep in mind that a good Fantastic Four movie should be something similar to Gravity, Interstellar, Apollo 13, Alien or 2001: A Space Odyssey. Right now it looks like it's going to be more inspired by Swordfish and The Net. Fantastic Four is NOT a techno-thriller but Josh Trank wanted to make a film about the FF that was set on Earth and features the Negative Zone but with Doom as the villain instead of Annihilus. Like if you're using the Ultimate N-Zone origin, use Annihilus and have him either start an alien invasion or have him be an unintended stowaway. Now we're getting a version of Doctor Doom whose costume looks cheap amid rumors of the Doombots being cut and the confirmation that he's going to be a techno-thriller villain instead of an iron-fisted dictator/robotics genius.

This is no longer a story about astronauts with incredible powers. It's the story of how to squander a $100M budget and act like an amateur while directing a tentpole film.

Last edited:
Where to start?

The rumor that he didn't screen test MBJ? The rumor about him sexually harassing Kate Mara? The rumor about Trank costing the studio more money to repair a home he destroyed for the film than the actual film cost? Maybe you're thinking of the rumor that Trank would often not show up and when he did, he was both high and late. Then there's the rumor about him being fired in post-production after the producers saw the footage and found it to be unreleasable.

There's a rumor that he sexually harassed Kate Mara?

Where to start?

The rumor that he didn't screen test MBJ? The rumor about him sexually harassing Kate Mara? The rumor about Trank costing the studio more money to repair a home he destroyed for the film than the actual film cost? Maybe you're thinking of the rumor that Trank would often not show up and when he did, he was both high and late? Then there's the rumor about him being fired in post-production after the producers saw the footage and found it to be unreleasable.

Keep in mind that a good Fantastic Four movie should be something similar to Gravity, Interstellar, Apollo 13, Alien or 2001: A Space Odyssey. Right now it looks like it's going to be more inspired by Swordfish and The Net. Fantastic Four is NOT a techno-thriller but Josh Trank wanted to make a film about the FF that was set on Earth and features the Negative Zone but with Doom as the villain instead of Annihilus. Like if you're using the Ultimate N-Zone origin, use Annihilus and have him either start an alien invasion or have him be an unintended stowaway. Now we're getting a version of Doctor Doom whose costume looks cheap amid rumors of the Doombots being cut and the confirmation that he's going to be a techno-thriller villain instead of an iron-fisted dictator/robotics genius.

This is no longer a story about astronauts with incredible powers. It's the story of how to squander a $100M budget and act like an amateur while directing a tentpole film.

You know these rumors all seem plausible with the lack of info on this production, i would say it's a good chance it could be totally true but you would think Fox would confirm something so serious just to look professional about it regardless if true or not.

I never heard the Trank harassing Mara rumors. Can't seem to find them on Google either

I never heard the Trank harassing Mara rumors. Can't seem to find them on Google either

I remember that the quote was that "Josh Trank thinks he's Alfred Hitchcock and Kate Mara is his" and I forgot the name but the quote was along those lines. That and stuff about making her, "feel invisible."

I vaguely remember what he's talking about. There was buzz that Mara was unhappy and having issues with Trank. I believe a forum poster that claimed to have inside info compared Trank's behavior to Hitchcock (who could be an ass to women). It was never a widely circulated rumor, though. Time will tell, I suppose.

From what I've read, and seen discussed, "sexual abuse" was never mentioned, never occurred and was never said to have. Saying so would be border-line slander. What some posters may be referring to was Trank's supposed childish behavior toward Mara and her "power" to become invisible, simply telling her not to physically show up on set while filming her characters scenes.

I don't recall the sexual abuse either. Are you sure that wasn't Bryan Singer you're thinking of?

I didnt hear anything about Bryan Singer and sexually harassing people on set

There have been a lot of rumors regarding Trank throughout production, but THE rumor at the moment (and one that's getting a lot of traction from numerous sources) is that Trank was fired shortly after production ended and post-production is now being done without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"