The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox having no choice but to continue to use Trank even though he's poison to their production is like children in Africa having to drink bacteria-infested water which is slowly killing them because they have no choice.

Fox having no choice but to continue to use Trank even though he's poison to their production is like children in Africa having to drink bacteria-infested water which is slowly killing them because they have no choice.
There are a few key differences there, such as the value of human suffering.

It seems like Fox is in complete damage control.

Either that or they are in complete denial about their situation thinking saying nothing and not promoting this movie will some how magically turn out okay for them. Idiots!

Surfer

Let's just the silence towards this piece of garbage means what we've all been hoping for...that the rights are closer to being in Marvel's hands.

The silence says all that needs to be said. Fox knows they've made a film worse than the first two F4 films they created & they know this is gonna bomb.

Let's just the silence towards this piece of garbage means what we've all been hoping for...that the rights are closer to being in Marvel's hands.

The silence says all that needs to be said. Fox knows they've made a film worse than the first two F4 films they created & they know this is gonna bomb.

And yet, the people associated with it talk about it as if it's a much better film than those first two F4 films and some of the press have spewed out that nonsense as well.

As far as Im concerned, the less we hear about this production and release from Fox themselves the better. Because that means we may not get this film at all as long as they prolong the absence of any info and promotion. Thats absolutely good news. I hope we hear nothing all the way till August. Perhaps Disney can get this thing back for free.

Well we can't say that they know yet because we don't know for sure. However, with the lack of, or the bizarre information we have now, the idea that this thing could be a piece of **** seems likely. They have yet to even dispel any of the negativity. You'd think they would. But they haven't shown us a thing. Whether this movie is a piece of **** or the second coming we don't know because they chose to not have shown us a single thing.

Im also willing to bet that there's a deep divide within the upper management at Fox as well over what to do with this property. Some want to deal, some want to release this film to either recoup or hold onto the rights, and those involved with the film want to make major changes in post which will delay it more. I don't think anyone really cares for the product at this point. More bad news or no news is good news to me.

The stars should've denied they were even in this movie all this time, just like actors do when their roles aren't officially confirmed. No-one has ever been officially confirmed have they? Anyway, if they kept it all quiet then people wouldn't have to know they were even in this movie and it could all go quietly away if it is never released. It's not like there are any set pics to visually confirm their presence in it.

Instead now, interviewers will probably ask them about it one day in the future and how they agreed to this piece of ****, and they'll still have to come up with some excuse as to why they even agreed to star in it.

I have a feeling this Fantastic Four movie is going to make Corman's Fantastic Four look like an Academy award winner.

Surfer

The stars should've denied they were even in this movie all this time, just like actors do when their roles aren't officially confirmed. No-one has ever been officially confirmed have they? Anyway, if they kept it all quiet then people wouldn't have to know they were even in this movie and it could all go quietly away if it is never released. It's not like there are any set pics to visually confirm their presence in it.

Instead now, interviewers will probably ask them about it one day in the future and how they agreed to this piece of ****, and they'll still have to come up with some excuse as to why they even agreed to star in it.

Yeah I feel bad for the actors, they are totally taking a hit by being associated with this crap. I think Fox mislead the actors and probably Trank into thinking they were going to make a blockbuster size superhero movie, and they only found out later after attaching themselves to it that Fox showed them they have no intention of putting any real money into it. Then when Trank learns of this he lashes out feeling Fox just ruined his career. In the meantime the actors and actresses are distressed, but in shock and not knowing how to respond even if they could. The next few months are going to be very interesting.

Surfer

Yeah I feel bad for the actors, they are totally taking a hit by being associated with this crap. I think Fox mislead the actors and probably Trank into thinking they were going to make a blockbuster size superhero movie, and they only found out later after attaching themselves to it that Fox showed them they have no intention of putting any real money into it. Then when Trank learns of this he lashes out feeling Fox just ruined his career. In the meantime the actors and actresses are distressed, but in shock and not knowing how to respond even if they could. The next few months are going to be very interesting.

Surfer

I would actually be more interested to see a movie about the making of this movie than the movie itself. Of course, it would be somewhat dramatised, but it would be interesting to see the Trank character discovering that he's been duped and turned into a patsy, and that his career has gone down the toilet and then he decides to drown his sorrows by getting high and trashing those homes etc. This just sounds like a much more engaging film than what is actually being made.

JAK®;30355893 said:
There are a few key differences there, such as the value of human suffering.

Hmm...I think you both have good points but my analogy would've involved Fox-Marvel being responsible for the poisoning of water which Trank was forced to drink before filming that reboot.

I would actually be more interested to see a movie about the making of this movie than the movie itself. Of course, it would be somewhat dramatised, but it would be interesting to see the Trank character discovering that he's been duped and turned into a patsy, and that his career has gone down the toilet and then he decides to drown his sorrows by getting high and trashing those homes etc. This just sounds like a much more engaging film than what is actually being made.

Now that I would see, and they could even have the actor's play themselves. lol

Surfer

I'm much bigger fan of FF as a part of the Marvel universe rather than as a individual group, so for that reason i would love Marvel having the team back. Then again i like Fox movies more than Marvel ones so it would be interesting to see what the right director could do. This particular project has been painful to follow at best. Nothing official, just leaks and rumors that have been bizarre and not promising. And now this whole Trank thing. If this is true the movie is probably not coming out. Hope there's information soon, i definitely believe in "innocent until proven guilty" rather than in "when there's smoke there's fire" that someone already said.

Yeah, this Sony hack is taking a lot heat off of this reboot. It made me completely forget that there is absolutely no proof that these actors even filmed what resembled an F4 reboot last Summer.

I'm quite sure "Trank trashes rental home and possibly fired from reboot" would've been front page news if not for hackers revealing Sony execs being even more clueless with Spider-man as Fox is with their Marvel properties...

Last edited:
If I didn't know better I would think Fox and Sony were both competing to see who could make the worst comic book movie. While Sony technically hasn't started filming any new Spider-man film some of their ideas have been god awful. As for Fox their even worse then Sony in my opinion, because not only are their Fantastic Four movie ideas just as bad, but they actually had some upper management idiot give these stupid ideas a green light to be made.

Surfer

good friends of mine are extras in the movie. It did get filmed.

Have they said anything about their experience? Or have they provided any details that would help support or deny things negative or possitive happening to the film?

Surfer

If I didn't know better I would think Fox and Sony were both competing to see who could make the worst comic book movie. While Sony technically hasn't started filming any new Spider-man film some of their ideas have been god awful. As for Fox their even worse then Sony in my opinion, because not only are their Fantastic Four movie ideas just as bad, but they actually had some upper management idiot give these stupid ideas a green light to be made.

Surfer

Someone forgot to tell them that you don't actively compete for the Golden Raspberry awards lol.

And........
I think he was just responding to your earlier comment about there being no proof it was even filmed, and he is saying it was, but you are right it doesn't tell us much else.

Surfer

Someone forgot to tell them that you don't actively compete for the Golden Raspberry awards lol.
Yeah, somewhere along the way they got the idea winning the award was an honor.

Surfer

Lol......Sony actually believed they had a good film for every Spidey flick. They were actually trying to make money. Fox has never believed this turd would float.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"