Comics The Lizard returns to SM comics in February! ("Gauntlet" related)

Actually on the letters page in Web #4 they show that issue #5 is going to feature the Vulture. I think Marvel decided to flip flop the villain stories in issues #5 and #6 around.

By the way, thanks for bringing the Wolverine one-shot to my attention.

Oh well - guess I have to wait another month. The Lizard gets no respect, I tell ya!

That Wolverine Savage one-shot story is titled "Sushi", and it's pretty silly, so be prepared. The Lizard only appears in the first couple pages, and the rest of the story is about Wolverine helping a sushi chef prepare some meals and save her missing father from a monster. Seriously.

Oh well - guess I have to wait another month. The Lizard gets no respect, I tell ya!

I think I know what you mean. But come May, Lizard is going to get some mad respect.

storystory_full1_.jpg

torystory_full2.jpg

That Wolverine Savage one-shot story is titled "Sushi", and it's pretty silly, so be prepared. The Lizard only appears in the first couple pages, and the rest of the story is about Wolverine helping a sushi chef prepare some meals and save her missing father from a monster. Seriously.

LOL, oh I'm prepared, it's pretty typical what kind of story would be. It reminds me of when writers would use the Rhino has a throw away villain in another hero's book just to so the hero has someone to beat up on. Really kind of ticks me off considering said villain is not part of the hero's rogue's gallery. But since it's a comic with the Lizard in it I got to have it.

Really kind of ticks me off considering said villain is not part of the hero's rogue's gallery. But since it's a comic with the Lizard in it I got to have it.

Cool - a fellow Lizard collector. If you're looking to get every single appearance of the Lizard from ASM #6 through today, I actually have a complete list of ALL Lizzy's appearances since I'm obsessive that way. :liz:

LOL, oh I'm prepared, it's pretty typical what kind of story would be. It reminds me of when writers would use the Rhino has a throw away villain in another hero's book just to so the hero has someone to beat up on. Really kind of ticks me off considering said villain is not part of the hero's rogue's gallery. But since it's a comic with the Lizard in it I got to have it.

This is true for about every Spider-Man villain. Probably the worst treated was the scorpion who used to overpower spider-man in every way (including his own danger sense) and now he needs the symbiote to be considered a threat.

Personally I love the art and Wells will almost certainly (I'm disregarding that horrible venom mini) do an amazing job on the story. Personally I'm thinking he's gonna try and dr. jeckal/mr. hyde it with the lizard and have that inevitably backfire into wiping out his human side altogether. They better not have that awful jenkins story in cannon, that almost ruined the lizard for me.

Cool - a fellow Lizard collector. If you're looking to get every single appearance of the Lizard from ASM #6 through today, I actually have a complete list of ALL Lizzy's appearances since I'm obsessive that way. :liz:

Big time Lizard collector. I believe I have all of his appearances, but it's always possible an appearance slipped by me like that Wolverine Savage one-shot would have and also the White Tiger limited series you mentioned in your first post. Does your list also include reprints and out-of-continuity stories as well? If so, could ya please send me your Lizard list?

Last edited:
This is true for about every Spider-Man villain. Probably the worst treated was the scorpion who used to overpower spider-man in every way (including his own danger sense) and now he needs the symbiote to be considered a threat.

Personally I love the art and Wells will almost certainly (I'm disregarding that horrible venom mini) do an amazing job on the story. Personally I'm thinking he's gonna try and dr. jeckal/mr. hyde it with the lizard and have that inevitably backfire into wiping out his human side altogether. They better not have that awful jenkins story in cannon, that almost ruined the lizard for me.

I stated something similar about the outcome of this story earlier in this thread. It's been said in interviews that something in this story will change Lizard's status quo.

Does your list also include reprints and out-of-continuity stories as well? If so, could ya please send me your Lizard list?

Oh yes indeed. EVERY appearance of Lizard, including flashback panels, cameos and reprints (although I don't include trade paperback type reprints of course). I'll update it and PM it to you.

Why not post it here for all of us Spidey/Lizard to see?

:yay:

Why not post it here for all of us Spidey/Lizard to see?

Well, it's pretty long, so I should probably split it up into multiple posts. But if you're interested, I'd be happy to post it here. :awesome:

OK, here we go. As always, if there's any info you think I might have missed, please let me know!

:liz:All Comic Book Appearances of The Lizard :liz:

Note: This list might not include all reprints (eg: Marvel Tales, Spider-Man Classics, etc) unless there is new cover art or content featured.

List Format : comic title, issue number, cover month & year released, title of story, type of appearance, artist (penciler).

"CC only" = Appearance of Curt Connors only, no Lizard.

1960s:

• Amazing Spider-Man # 6, Nov 1963, "Face to Face With The Lizard" - first appearance and origin, also first Curt, Martha and Billy Connors - Ditko
  • Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 1, Nov 1964, "A Gallery of Spider-Man's Most Famous Foes" - pin-up page - Ditko
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 23, Apr 1965, "A Marvel Masterwork - Spidey...and Those Who've Been Caught in His Wonderful Web" - pin-up page - Ditko
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 32, Jan 1966, "Man on a Rampage" - Dr. Curt Connors is in New York - Ditko (+ letters page photo of fan-made Lizard costume)
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 33, Feb 1966, "The Final Chapter" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey test an anti-radioactivity formula - Ditko
  • Marvel Tales # 3, Jul 1966 - First reprint of first Lizard story featured along with three other Marvel reprints
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 43, Dec 1966, "Rhino on the Rampage" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey develop a chemical to neutralize The Rhino - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 44, Jan 1967, "Where Crawls the Lizard" - second Lizard appearance - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 45, Feb 1967, "Spidey Smashes Out" - Spidey beats Lizard using cold - Romita
  • Not Brand Echh # 2, Sep 1967, "Peter Pooper vs Gnatman & Rotten" - parody comic appearance - M. Severin
  • Amazing Spider-Man King-Size Special # 4, Nov 1967, "Say Hello to Spidey's Favorite Foes" - pin-up page, refered to as "The Lovable Lizard" - Lieber
  • Not Brand Echh # 6, Feb 1968, "With This Ring, I Thee Web" - parody appearance, refered to as "The Gizzard" - Severin
  • Not Brand Echh # 8, Jun 1968, "What Price, Forbush-Man?" - parody - Severin
  • Not Brand Echh # 11, Dec 1968, "Fame is a Cross-Eyed Blind Date with Bad Breath" - parody - Severin
  • Not Brand Echh # 12, Feb 1969, "Comiclot" - parody - Severin
  • Not Brand Echh # 13, May 1969, "Who Says a Carnival Has to Be Good?" - parody - Severin
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 72, May 1969, "Rocked by the Shocker" - flashback appearance - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 73, Jun 1969, "The Web Closes" - cameo appearance, Dr. Connors forced to work on 'Stone Tablet' formula - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 74, July 1969, "If This Be Bedlam" - cameo, Billy Connors admits he knows his dad is The Lizard (although he knew in ASM # 6?) - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 75, Aug 1969, "Death Without Warning" - Curt becomes Lizard as a result of stress for the first time - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 76, Sep 1969, "The Lizard Lives" - J. Buscema/Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 77, Oct 1969, "In the Blaze of Battle" - Lizard battles Spidey and The Human Torch - J. Buscema/Romita

1970s

• Amazing Spider-Man # 94, Mar 1971, "On Wings of Death" - appears in montage - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 100, Sep 1971, "The Spider or the Man?" - dream sequence - Kane, cover - Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 101, Oct 1971, "A Monster Called Morbius" - Kane
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 102, Nov 1971, "Vampire at Large" - first time Lizard has the mind of Curt Connors for an extended period - Kane
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 106, Mar 1972, "Squash! Goes the Spider" - Pete uses Dr. Connors' lab to make a life-mask of his face - Romita
  • Marvel Team-Up # 19, Mar 1974, "The Coming of Stegron the Dinosaur Man" - flashback, first time refered to as "The Lethal Lizard" - Kane
  • (CC only) Marvel Team-Up # 20, Apr 1974, "Dinosaurs on Broadway" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey against Stegron - S. Buscema
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 141, Feb 1975, "The Man's Name Appears to be ...Mysterio!" - appears as part of illusion - Andru
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 142, Mar 1975, "Dead Man's Bluff" - illusion - Andru
  • Spidey Super Stories # 7, Apr 1975, "Lizard on the Loose" - first appearance in this child-friendly comic series - Mortimer, cover - Romita
  • Giant Size Spider-Man # 5, Jul 1975, "Beware the Path of the Monster" - fights Spidey and Man-Thing, Dr. Connors' name misspelled "Conners" - Andru
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 150, Nov 1975, "Spider-Man...or Spider-Clone?" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey test if he's a clone - Kane
  • Marvel Special Edition Treasury # 1 - The Spectacular Spider-Man, 1975 - reprints in large-size format with original villains cover art by Romita
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 164, Jan 1977, "Deadline" - Dr. Connors uses 'enervator' to revive Spidey - Andru
  • (CC only) Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 2, Jan 1977, "Kraven is the Hunter" - Feedback from enervator affects Dr. Connors - S. Buscema
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 165, Feb 1977, "Stegron Stalks the City" - Lizard fights Stegron - Andru
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 166, Mar 1977, "War of the Reptile Men" - Andru, cover - Romita
  • Spidey Super Stories # 22, Apr 1977, "The Lizard Lives" - kid-friendly story - Mortimer
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 7, June 1977, "Cry Mayhem -- Cry Morbius!" - cameo in photo - S. Buscema
  • Marvel Treasury Edition # 14 - The Sensational Spider-Man, 1977 - reprints in large-size format with original villains cover art by Kane(?)
  • What If...? vol.1 # 8, Apr 1978, "What If the Spider Had Been Bitten By a Radioactive Human?" - parody cameo - Shaw!
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 181, Jun 1978, "Flashback" - montage - S. Buscema, cover - Kane
  • Spidey Super Stories # 36, Sept 1978, "Leaping Lizards" - kid-friendly story - Mortimer, cover - Perlin
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 192, "24 Hours till Doomsday" - Dr. Connors helps analyze a bomb - Pollard
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 32, Jul 1979, "A Zoo Story" - cameo, first time Dr. Connors meets Peter Parker - Mooney
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 33, Aug 1979, "Night of the Iguana" - first time Dr. Connors becomes the Lizard on purpose - Mooney
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 34, Sep 1979, "Lizards on a Hot Tin Roof" - Lizard vs. Iguana - Mooney
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 36, Nov 1979, "Enter: Swarm" - flashback - Mooney

1980s

• (CC only) Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 38, Jan 1980, "Curse of the Living Vampire" - S. Buscema
  • Marvel Fun and Games # 5, Jan 1980, "Find a Lizard" - word search - McCarron
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 39, Feb 1980, "Scourge of the Schiziod-Man" - Spidey transforms into Spider-Lizard - Romita Jr./Mooney
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 40, Mar 1980, "The Terrible Turnabout" - Spider-Lizard cured by Dr. Connors - Springer, cover - Milgrom
  • (CC only) Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 42, May 1980, "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" - Zeck
  • (CC only) Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Annual # 3, Nov 1981, "Dark Side of the Moon" - Dr. Connors helps cure Man-Wolf - Sherman/Weiss
  • Spidey Super Stories # 55, Nov 1981, "The Dinosaur Man" - kid-friendly story - Mortimer
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 61, Dec 1981, "By the Light of the Silvery Moonstone" - flashback - Hannigan/Mooney
  • The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe # 6, Jun 1983, "Lizard" - Gammill
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 243, Aug 1983, "Options" - Romita Jr.
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 252, May 1984, "Homecoming" - Spider-Man and Dr. Connors return from Secret Wars - Frenz
  • (CC only) Marvel Team-Up # 141, May 1984, "Blind Justice" - Spider-Man and Dr. Connors return from Secret Wars - LaRocque
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 1, May 1984, "The War Begins" - mini-series, Lizard transported off-planet to Secret Wars with other villains - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 2, Jun 1984, "Prisoners of War" - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 5, Sep 1984, "The Battle of Four Armies" - montage - Layton
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 6, Oct 1984, "A Little Death" - Zeck (plus only Secret Wars cover appearance - Layton)
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 7, Nov 1984, "Berserker" - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 8, Dec 1984, "Invasion" - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 9, Jan 1985, "Assault on Galactus" - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 10, Feb 1985, "Death to the Beyonder" - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 11, Mar 1985, "...And Dust to Dust" - Zeck
  • Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars # 12, Apr 1985, "...Nothing to Fear..." - Enchantress blasts Lizard back into Dr. Connors - Zeck
  • The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition # 7, June 1985, "Lizard" - Frenz
  • The Official Marvel Index to The Amazing Spider-Man # 4, July 1985, - featured on wraparound villain cover - Frenz
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 127, Jun 1987, "Among Us Lurks...A Lizard" - Spidey and Lizard team up against The Owl - Kupperberg, cover - Milgrom
  • (CC only) Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 130, Sep 1987, "24 Hours" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey with anti-toxin - Fern
  • Thor # 383, Sep 1987, "This Secret Love!" - Secret Wars flashback - Frenz
  • Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 21, Nov 1987, "The Wedding" - dream sequence - Ryan, cover - Romita
  • Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Annual # 7, Nov 1987, "The Honeymoon" - cover only - Romita
  • Web of Spider-Man Annual # 3, Nov 1987, "Everything you ever wanted to know about Spider-Man" - cover only - LaRocque
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 301, Jun 1988, "The Sable Gauntlet" - cameo - McFarlane
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 311, Jan 1989, "Mysteries of the Dead" - McFarlane
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 312, Feb 1989, "The Goblin War" - The 'Inferno' transforms Dr. Connors into a more savage Lizard - McFarlane
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 313, Mar 1989, "Slithereens" - McFarlane
  • Web of Spider-Man # 48, Mar 1989, "Eyes of the Demon" - cameo - Saviuk
  • Fred Hembeck Destroys the Marvel Universe # 1, Jul 1989 - one-shot parody, cameo appearance - Hembeck
  • What If... vol.2 # 4, Oct 1989, "What If the Alien Costume had Possessed Spider-Man?" - cameo on title page - Bagley
  • Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 23, Nov 1989, "Spider-Man's top 30 Villain Countdown" - Hembeck

1990s

• Spider-Man # 1, Aug 1990, "Torment" part 1 - Lizard is a mindless beast under control of Calypso - McFarlane
  • Spider-Man # 2, Sep 1990, "Torment" part 2 - McFarlane
  • Spider-Man # 3, Oct 1990, "Torment" part 3 - McFarlane
  • Spider-Man # 4, Nov 1990, "Torment" part 4 - McFarlane
  • Spider-Man # 5, Dec 1990, "Torment" part 5 - savage Lizard is defeated, but escapes - McFarlane
  • Marvel Super-Heroes vol III, # 4, Dec 1990 - pin-up page w/ Spidey & villains - Saviuk
  • Marvel Tales # 251, July 1991 - reprints ASM # 100 with original cover art by Marshall
  • The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition # 7, 1991 - "Lizard" - Pollard
  • What If... vol.2 # 34, Feb 1992, "All-Star Humor Special" - "What If You were Spider-Man?" - parody cameo - Lopresti
  • Marvel Age # 114, Jul 1992, "Spider-Man's 30th Anniversary" - original cover art w/ Spidey & villains - Bagley/Romita
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 365, Aug 1992, "Fathers and Sins" - Curt Connors regains control of The Lizard and attempts another cure - Bagley
  • Spider-Man # 25, Aug 1992, "Why Me?" - cameo as a robot - Marrinan
  • What If... vol.2 # 42, Oct 1992, "What If Spider-Man Had Kept His Six Arms?" - alternate reality - West
  • Marvel Masterpieces Collection # 2, Jun 1993, "Lizard" - Jusko
  • What If... vol.2 # 53, Sep 1993, "What If Spider-Man Had Killed The Lizard?" - alternate reality - McCart
  • Spider-Man Classics # 7, Oct 1993, reprint of ASM # 6 with original cover art by Frenz
  • Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 27, Nov 1993, "The Lizard Must be Destroyed" - Dr. Connors placed on trial and confined to The Vault - Lopresti
  • Web of Spider-Man # 109, Feb 1994, "A Shock to the System - Epilogue" - Calypso attempts to control The Lizard again, but he kills her - Saviuk
  • Web of Spider-Man # 110, Mar 1994, "The Savaging, Part I - Final Sanction" - bounty hunter Warrant tracks Lizard - Saviuk
  • Web of Spider-Man # 111, Apr 1994, "The Savaging Part II - Scales of Justice" - apparent death of Lizard in quicksand - Saviuk
  • Marvels # 4, Apr 1994, "The Day She Died" - cameo in photo, homage to ASM # 44 panel - A. Ross
  • Spider-Man Adventures # 1, Dec 1994, "Night of The Lizard" - based on animated TV series - Saviuk
  • (CC only) Spider-Man Adventures # 2, Jan 1995, "The Sting of the Scorpion" - based on animated TV series - Saviuk
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 397, Jan 1995, "Radically Both" - all-text story with flip-book cover - TG/BMC
  • What If... vol.2 # 72, Apr 1995, "What If Spider-Man had become a Murderer?" - alternate reality - Brasfield
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 223, Apr 1995 - pin-up page - S. Buscema
  • Amazing Spider-Man Super Special # 1, Jun 1995, "Ghosts" ("Growing Pains part 1") - cameo - Gosier
  • Spider-Man Super Special # 1, Jul 1995, "Growing Pains part 2 - Survive and Conquer" - first appearance of Lizard II - Smith, cover - Robertson
  • Spider-Man: The Jackal Files # 1, Aug 1995, "Lizard" - Lizard II - Buckingham
  • Venom Super Special # 1, Sep 1995, "Growing Pains part 3 - Creatures on the Loose" - Lizard II - West
  • Spectacular Spider-Man Super Special # 1, Oct 1995, "Growing Pains part 4 - Party Monster" - Lizard II - St. Aubin
  • Web of Spider-Man Super Special # 1, Nov 1995, "Growing Pains part 5 - Where Monsters Dwell" - Lizard II is captured and sent to The Vault - Robinson
  • Prime # Infinity, Sept 1995, "What's a Hero, Anyway?" - (Marvel/Malibu crossover) Lizard II escapes from Vault helicopter and fights Prime and Spidey - Statema
  • Prime # 1, Oct 1995, "A Matter of Soul" - (Marvel/Malibu crossover) Lizard II and Prime are transported to the Malibu universe - West
  • Prime # 2, Nov 1995, "...And You Make Your Choice" - (Marvel/Malibu crossover) Lizard II is overpowered, sent back to the Marvel universe, and captured - West
  • Spider-Man Adventures # 14, Jan 1996, "Ock Rocks" - based on animated TV series, cameo - Saviuk
  • Spider-Man Adventures # 15, Feb 1996, "Jungle Stalkings" - based on animated TV series - Saviuk
  • Marvel vs. DC # 2, Mar 1996, "Round Two" - (Marvel/DC crossover) Lizard II cameo with Batman - Castellini
  • Spider-Boy # 1, Apr 1996, "Big Trouble" - (Amalgam, Marvel/DC crossover) - features Doc Connors and "King Lizard" - Wieringo
  • Untold Tales of Spider-Man # 9, May 1996, "Cry...Lizard!" - story set in the early days of Spidey's career - Frenz
  • Adventures of Spider-Man # 2, May 1996, "When the Hammer Strikes" - based on animated TV series, cameo - Saviuk
  • (CC only) Adventures of Spider-Man # 3, Jun 1996, "Sinister Intentions" - based on animated TV series - Saviuk
  • Sergio Aragones Massacres Marvel # 1, Jun 1996 - one-shot parody, cameo appearance - Aragones
  • (CC only) Sensational Spider-Man # 7, Aug 1996, "High Drama" - Dr. Connors arrives to help sick Peter Parker - L. Ross
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 414, Aug 1996, "Deadly is Delilah" - Dr. Connors continues to treat the unconscious Pete - Bagley
  • (CC only) Spider-Man # 71, Aug 1996, "The Promise" - Pete's treatment continues - Romita Jr.
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 237, Aug 1996, "Little Deaths" - Lizard II and Dr. Connors revealed to be separate beings - S. Buscema
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 238, Sep 1996, "Suicidal Tendencies" - origin of Lizard II revealed and reappearance of original Lizard, who kills Lizard II - S. Buscema
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 239, Oct 1996, "Sudden Sacrifices" - original Lizard is back - L. Ross
  • Peter Parker: Spider-Man Annual 1997, "Dead Men Walking" - flashback of Lizard killing Calypso - McMannus
  • Spider-Man Unlimited # 19, Feb 1998, "Where Monsters Dwell" - Spidey fights Lizard in Miami - Bennett
  • Spider-Man - The Manga # 4, late Feb 1998, "The Strange Transformation of Dr. Inumaru" - reprint of 1970's Japanese manga in U.S. format - Ikegami
  • Spider-Man - The Manga # 5, early Mar 1998, "Yu Komori and the Japanese Lizard - Face-to-Face" - Ikegami
  • Spider-Man - The Manga # 6, late Mar 1998, conclusion of Japanese Lizard story, contains multiple swipes from ASM # 76 art - Ikegami
  • What If... vol.2 # 114, Nov 1998, "Brave New World" - alternate future story featuring the Lizard's son "Gator" - Schigiel
  • Legacy of Spider-Man, Sep 1998, Wizard/Marvel special edition supplement, "Spidey's First Confrontation with The Lizard" pencil art - Warren
  • Earth X # 0, Mar 1999, alternate future for Marvel universe - cameo - Leon
  • Spider-Man: Chapter One # 5, Mar 1999, "Lost Faces" - retelling of ASM # 5 & 6 - Byrne
  • Spider-Man: Chapter One # 6, Apr 1999, "Clash" - retelling of ASM # 6 & 9 - Byrne
  • Spider-Man: Chapter One # 0, May 1999, "Where Walks The Lizard" - retelling of Lizard's origin - Byrne

2000 - 2005

• Marvel Selects Spider-Man # 1, Jan 2000, reprint of ASM # 100 with original Lizard cover art by Wieringo
  • Marvel Selects Spider-Man # 3, Mar 2000, reprint of ASM # 102 with original Lizard cover art by Wieringo
  • Peter Parker: Spider-Man vol.2 # 20, Aug 2000, "The Best Medicine" - montage - Buckingham
  • Universe X # 7, Apr 2001, alternate future for Marvel universe - appears in illusion - Braithwaite
  • Daredevil/Spider-Man # 4, Apr 2001, "Unusual Suspects part four - Things Get Worse" - mini-series, montage - Winslade
  • Spider-Man: Lifeline # 1, Apr 2001, "Pieces of Fate" - mini-series, sequel to "Stone Tablet" storyline from ASM # 70 - 77 - Rude
  • Spider-Man: Lifeline # 2, May 2001, "Snakes in the Grass" - the Lifeline formula makes The Lizard stronger - Rude
  • Spider-Man: Lifeline # 3, Jun 2001, "A Taste of Infinity" - Curt Connors is cured (and his right arm restored!?) by temporary cosmic powers of Hammerhead - Rude
  • Spider-Man: Tangled Web # 1, Jun 2001, "The Coming of The Thousand" - montage - McCrea
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 473 (vol.2 # 32), Aug 2001, "The Long, Dark Pizza of the Soul" - montage - Romita Jr.
  • Mutant X Annual 2001, "The Key" - cameo of alternate universe Lizard with Godzilla-type fins on his back - Fry
  • Ultimate Marvel Team-Up # 10, Jan 2002, "Spider-Man and The Man-Thing" - first appearance of Ultimate universe Lizard and Curt "Conners" - Totleben
  • Ultimate Spider-Man # 16, Feb 2002, "Kraven the Hunter" - Ultimate Lizard cameo - Bagley
  • Marvel Universe Millennial Visions # 1, Feb 2002, alternate realities - "Sinister Six" - Plunkett
  • Spider-Man: Quality of Life # 1, Jul 2002, mini-series featuring all computer-generated art, Lizard design is radically different - Sava
  • Spider-Man: Quality of Life # 2, Aug 2002, Lizard battles Spidey and new character Yith - Sava
  • Spider-Man: Quality of Life # 3, Sep 2002 - Sava
  • Spider-Man: Quality of Life # 4, Oct 2002, Martha Connors dies of cancer from exposure to toxic waste - Sava
  • Spider-Man: Blue # 3, Sept 2002, mini-series, retelling of events from ASM # 44 - 45 - Sale
  • Exiles # 17, Nov 2002, "Wildlife Reserve" - Alternate universe story, Lizard has turned California population into lizard people - Calafiore
  • Peter Parker: Spider-Man vol.2 # 50, Jan 2003, "And Here, My Troubles Begin" - cover only, montage - Buckingham
  • The Marvelous Adventures of Gus Beezer with Spider-Man # 1, May 2003, "The Amazing Gus Beezer" - appears in kid's fantasy sequence - Lethcoe
  • Ultimate Spider-Man # 39, Jun 2003, "Therapy" - Ultimate Lizard, flashback - Bagley
  • Spider-Man - Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure # 1, December 2003, mini-series - cameo in photo - S.Johnson
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 500, December 2003, "Happy Birthday" part 3 - appears in time-travel battle - Romita Jr/ Romita, cover - Campbell
  • The Marvelous Adventures of Gus Beezer and Spider-Man # 1, Feb 2004, "Along Came a Spidey" - appears in kid's fantasy sequence - Gurihiru
  • Secret War # 1, April 2004 - pin-up page of Spidey vs. Lizard - Dell'Otto
  • Spectacular Spider-Man v2 # 11, early May 2004, "The Lizard's Tale" part 1 - Dr. Connors in therapy over Martha's death, he also knows Peter is Spidey (!?) - D. Scott
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 12 v2, late May 2004, "The Lizard's Tale" part 2 - D. Scott
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 13 v2, Jun 2004, "The Lizard's Tale" part 3 - Connors controlling Lizard all along, gets arrested on purpose to remain confined - D. Scott
  • Marvel Age Spider-Man # 5, Aug 2004, "Face-To-Face With the Lizard!" - simplified retelling of ASM # 6 for younger readers - Meyers, cover - Brooks
  • Ultimate Spider-Man # 60, early Aug 2004, "Carnage" part 1 - Ultimate Lizard appears in dream sequence - Bagley
  • (CC only) Ultimate Spider-Man # 61, late Aug 2004, "Carnage" part 2 - Ultimate Curt "Conners" experiments with Peter's blood - Bagley
  • The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Spider-Man 2004 - original Spidey characters cover art by Larroca/ Isanove
  • (CC only) Spider-Man 2: The Movie # 1, Aug 2004 - comic adaptation of the film with Curt Connors appearance - Johnson/Lim/Olliffe
  • Ultimate Spider-Man # 62, Sep 2004, "Carnage" part 3 - Ultimate Lizard appears in montage - Bagley
  • (CC only) Ultimate Spider-Man # 63, early Oct 2004, "Carnage" part 4 - Ultimate Curt Conners reveals he accidentally created the Carnage clone - Bagley
  • (CC only) Ultimate Spider-Man # 64, late Oct 2004, "Carnage" part 5 - Ultimate Curt Conners turns himself in to police for creating Carnage - Bagley
  • Marvel Knights Spider-Man # 7, Dec 2004, "Venomous" part 3 - two-page battle, Lizard has escaped prison and is emitting chaotic phermones - Dodson
  • Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2004: Spider-Man, Dec 2004 - original cover art by Larroca
  • Marvel Knights Spider-Man # 9, Feb 2005, "The Last Stand" part 1 - cover montage only - Dodson
  • What If...Aunt May Had Been killed Instead of Uncle Ben? - Feb 2005, one shot - alternate reality cameo appearance - DiVito
  • Ultimate Spider-Man # 71, Mar 2005, "Strange" part 2 - Ultimate Lizard appears on cover only as part of dream sequence - Bagley
  • Marvel Knights Spider-Man # 10, Mar 2005, "The Last Stand" part 2 - Lizard is part of the Sinister Twelve - Dodson
  • Marvel Knights Spider-Man # 11, Apr 2005, "The Last Stand" part 3 - Lizard and Sinister Twelve subdued by Avengers and FF - Dodson
  • Spectacular Spider-Man # 27, June 2005, "The Final Curtain" - cameo in dream sequence - Buckingham
  • Spider-Man's Fearsome Foes Poster Book, Marvel/Toy Biz, 2005 - features painted swipes of past Lizard art originally done by Milgrom and McFarlane

2006 - 2010

• Sensational Spider-Man # 23, April 2006, "Feral part one: Cold Blooded" - mysterious force affects animal villains, Billy Connors also transformed - Medina
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 24, May 2006, "Feral part two: Cat Scratch Fever" - Lizard and "Lizard Jr." vs Spidey and Black Cat - Medina
  • Marvel Zombies # 4, May 2006, alternate reality, zombie Lizard cameo - Phillips
  • Marvel Zombies # 5, Jun 2006, alternate reality, zombie Lizard cameo - Philips, zombie version of ASM Annual # 21 cover - Suydam
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 25, Jun 2006, "Feral part three: Hunter's Moon" - flashback reveals Curt injected Billy with Lizard formula - Medina
  • Spider-Man Unlimited # 15, Jul 2006, "The Bride of the Lizard" - flashback story focusing on Martha Connors - DeKraker
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 26, Jul 2006, "Feral part four:" - Lizard vs Vermin - Crain
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 27, Aug 2006, "Feral part five: The Rock of Life" - Meteorite found by Stegron is the cause of all problems - Medina
  • Marvel Adventures Spider-Man # 16, Aug 2006, "I, Reptile!" - simplified all-ages story very loosely based on ASM # 44-45 - Scherberger, cover - Conner
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 533, Aug 2006, "The Night the War Came Home" - Spidey unmasks, Dr. Connors appears in villain montage - Garney
  • Civil War # 3, Sep 2006, crossover mini-series - cameo in newspaper photo showing Sinister Six vs the "Secret Avengers" - McNiven
  • Ultimate Spider-Man # 100, Nov 2006, features pin-up page pencil sketch of Ultimate Lizard by Mark Bagley
  • Spider-Man: Black & Blue & Read All Over # 1, Nov 2006, one-shot - appears in villain montage - D. Johnson
  • X-Men: First Class # 2, Dec 2006, "The Bird, the Beast and the Lizard" - Lizard battles early X-Men in Everglades - Cruz
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 32, Jan 2007, "The Husband or the Spider?" - appears in dream sequence villain montage - Medina
  • White Tiger # 4, Apr 2007, "Challenges" - mini series, Lizard randomly appears in NYC as secondary villain, no mention of Curt Connors - Briones
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 35, Apr 2007, "The Strange Case of..." part one - Dr. Connors helps Spidey, Lizard's face in montage - Medina
  • White Tiger # 5, May 2007, "New Powers" - Lizard reappears and disrupts White Tiger's mission - Briones
  • (CC only) Sensational Spider-Man # 36, May 2007, "The Strange Case of..." part two - Medina
  • (CC only) Sensational Spider-Man # 37, Jun 2007, "The Strange Case of..." part three - Medina
  • Sensational Spider-Man # 35 (2nd printing variant), Jun 2007, reprint with variant cover art featuring Lizard by Clayton Crain
  • Spider-Man Family # 2, Jun 2007, "Building a Better Lizard" - one-shot short story - Lolos
  • (CC only) Avengers: The Initiative # 3, Aug 2007, "Bug Hunt" - Dr. Connors checks on progress of hero Komodo - Caselli
  • White Tiger # 6, Nov 2007, "Payback" - White Tiger escapes Lizard, who swims away - Rio/Silva
  • Spider-Man/Red Sonja # 3, Dec 2007, mini-series - Lizard transformed by magic into Hyborian version - Rubi
  • Spider-Man/Red Sonja # 4, Jan 2008, mini series - Rubi
  • X-Men: First Class # 8, Mar 2008, "Adventure into Fear" - flashback cameo, Dr. Connors helps X-Men - Nguyen
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 552, early May 2008, "Just Blame Spider-Man" - Dr. Connors' animal stem cell experiment stolen - Jimenez
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 553, mid May 2008, "Freak-out!" - Jimenez
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 554, late May 2008, "Burned!" - flaskback cameo - Jimenez
  • (CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 558, early July 2008, "Freak the Third" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey defeat Freak - Kitson
  • Marvel: 1985 # 1, Jul 2008, "Haunted", mini-series - alternate universe story, Lizard on alt cover 'C' by Cheung, Dell & Ponsor
  • Marvel: 1985 # 2, Aug 2008, "Clyde Wyncham", mini-series - alternate universe story, Lizard on cover by Tommy Lee Edwards
  • Marvel: 1985 # 3, Sept 2008, "Visitors", mini-series - villains and Lizard appear in real world in 1985 - Edwards
  • Marvel: 1985 # 4, Oct 2008, "Small Town Mutie", mini-series - Edwards
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 568, Oct 2008, "New Ways to Die" part one, - part of villain montage - Romita Jr.
  • Amazing Spider-Man Family # 1, Oct 2008, "Spider-Monkey: The Final Chapter!" - art by Bachs; and "Family Ties" - M2 universe lizard story - Frenz
  • Marvel: 1985 # 5, "The Odyssey", Nov 2008, mini-series - Edwards
  • Marvel: 1985 # 6, "'Nuff Said!", Dec 2008, mini-series - Lizard and villains defeated and return to Marvel Universe - Edwards
  • Avengers: The Initiative Special # 1, Jan 2009, "The Real Thing", one-shot - flashback of Komodo's origin w/ Dr. Connors and Lizard montage - Steve Uy
  • What If ? Secret Wars # 1, Feb 2009, "What If...Doctor Doom Had Kept the Beyonder's Power?" - alt universe story - cameo - Molina
  • Spider-Man : Fear Itself # 1, Mar 2009, "Fear and Mr. Parker", one-shot - Dr. Connors w/ flashback cameo of Lizard - Suitor
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 600, late Sep 2009, "If I was Spider-Man", - part of villain montage - Alberti
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 612, late Jan 2010, "Power to the People, part one", - part of villain montage - Azaceta
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 614, early Feb 2010, "Power to the People, part three", - part of villain montage - Azaceta
  • Spider-Man & The Secret Wars # 1, Feb 2010, mini-series, - cameo - Scherberger
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 615, mid Feb 2010, "Keemia's Castle" - cameo in photograph montage - Pulido
  • Spider-Man 1602 # 3, Feb 2010, "The Web Complete: Chapter 3" - alternate universe story - 'raptor type Lizard introduced - Rosanas
  • Spider-Man & The Secret Wars # 2, Mar 2010, mini-series, - cover and villain group scene - Scherberger
  • Spider-Man 1602 # 4, Mar 2010, "The Web Complete: Chapter 4" - alternate universe story - Rosanas, plus cover art - M. Golden
  • Wolverine: Savage # 1, Apr 2010, "Sushi", one-shot - Lizard defeated by Wolverine in story intro - Elson
  • Spider-Man 1602 # 5, Apr 2010, "The Web Complete: Chapter 5" - alternate universe story - 1602 'raptor Lizard is only surviving villain - Rosanas
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 621, early Apr 2010, "Out For Blood" - Dr. Connors w/ Lizard cameo - Lark
  • Amazing Spider-Man # 622, mid Apr 2010, "Stages of Grief" - Dr. Connors w/ Lizard cameo - L. Ross

Last edited:
Those are all the comic book format appearances, so they don't include newspaper comic strips or any kids' magazine format stories. Hope that helps the Lizard fans out there!

f0bzn6.jpg

Wow... that's awesome... I love it... :up:

Now I have to go over it with a fine tooth comb and look for omissions... lol :cwink:

:up: That's actually pretty impressive. Every appearance of the Lizard.

Wow!

I'll toss one into the list, AtI had connors in it in issue 4 I think.

You're right md... Curt Connors appears in Avengers Initiative #3...

I'll toss one into the list, AtI had connors in it in issue 4 I think.
You're right md... Curt Connors appears in Avengers Initiative #3...

It's already on the list guys - a (CC only) entry for Aug 2007. I actually bought that whole first year of AtI to see where the Komodo character was going. I haven't bought any since she got depowered however.

BTW, I added the two comics from this Wednesday's release that included Lizzy, so it's an up-to-the-second list! :awesome:

My bad, I thought that happened 08, where does the time go? Oh, that's right, pot.

But you should be buying AtI for more than komodo, best avenger title out there by far.

My bad, I thought that happened 08, where does the time go? Oh, that's right, pot.

But you should be buying AtI for more than komodo, best avenger title out there by far.

It's generally an excellent series, I'll agree. I still follow it. The concept of the various state-assigned hero teams was one of the better ideas I've seen in recent years. Some of the recent recruits haven't been as interesting as the first years' group, but the great thing about this book is the constantly changing roster.

Great List! Here are my favorites:

Amazing Spider-Man # 77, Oct 1969, "In the Blaze of Battle" - Lizard battles Spidey and The Human Torch - J. Buscema/Romita ....Pretty sure that was the first Lizard appearance that I ever bought...in Marvel Tales. One of those comics that got shoved in my back pocket and read until it fell apart.

(CC only) Amazing Spider-Man # 150, Nov 1975, "Spider-Man...or Spider-Clone?" - Dr. Connors helps Spidey test if he's a clone - Kane ......Always loved how he threw away the evidence later on

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man # 40, Mar 1980, "The Terrible Turnabout" - Spider-Lizard cured by Dr. Connors - Springer, cover - Milgrom ....I haven't read this since it come out, but at the time I loved it. People would probably trash it today and say it's lazy writing or some nonsense. But come on! A giant lizard running around in a spidey costume!

Spider-Man # 1, Aug 1990, "Torment" part 1 - Lizard is a mindless beast under control of Calypso - McFarlane ....The issue that proved that, as a writer, McFarlane was a decent artist ( and that he could RISE ABOVE IT ALL!!!!.....20 years later, and I still remember the trite exposition...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"