Reaction score
Multiversers: Unlimited
*based off an idea created by batnkevlar*​

-GAMEMASTERS-
Superferret
Master Bruce
Green Lantern

PREMISE-

After the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths, there existed only a few Universes, including the well-known DC Earth (designation Earth #386), the Marvel Earth (designation Earth #616) and the “real” world (designation Earth #001). The Multiverse seemingly ceased to exist, as these Earths had little to do with one another. But as time went on, tangent Universes began to pop up, and creating the Multiverse yet again. This time, though, many realities were unstable, due to seemingly wrong events in it’s timeline. Instability would mean that the given Universe would be eventually wiped from all planes of existence.

It was from one of these unstable worlds that a hero hailed from. His name was Reed Richards, and he was a scientist until his reality was destroyed. The last survivor of his universe, he vowed to never again allow an unstable reality tear itself apart. So, Richards kept track of the events that occurred in each given Universe and pinpointed stages in those Universes' development in which the events would build up to instability, calling them Doom Horizons. Recognizing that beings hailing from unstable realities would disrupt the Multiverse to the point of possibly destroying it, he was forced to organize teams of beings from stable universes to thwart these Doom Horizons, and restore stability to said universe. He called these beings the Chosen, and kept in constant contact with them from his base outside of reality.

Thus, in order to prevent the Universal implosions, the Chosen would be sent to stop certain events from happening, in a reality different than their own, and in one beyond their comprehension. Any failure in the mission would result in the Universe being wiped out, and any success would result in the given Universe being stable for all Eternity. However good or bad, each Universe must be fought for with great passion and fervor, and each mission is hoped to be completed.

PRE PLAY-

*All characters to be played are either established comic book characters or custom characters based off of established comic book characters, created by the user with regards to the character application they need fill out.

*Constant attention will be payed to the filled-out application, in regards to power levels and original intent. The given character must not be a god, deity, or being such as SHAZAM the Wizard, Uatu the Watcher or Buddha.

*Mission ideas are gladly appreciated, in order to keep up a productive work environment.

*There are two types of characters in this game: The Chosen (starting as the Chosen Five) and Mission-related characters (MRC's). Both require applications to play as, but each have different duties and rules. You can play as a Chosen until you die, retire, or mods say otherwise; but as an MRC, your lifespan as that given character is only as long as the mission.

*Once the given mission is over, MRC players can fill out a new application, in accordance to the mission info. Misison info and MRC info must be related.

RPG RULES-

*This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such...

*Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off character's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off an NPC's [Non-Player character (inanimate victims)] heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM...

*Don't be killing people without reason. You know your character's weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't.

*If you want to take part in this, just list your name and character here, fill out your application, and I'll put your name and character info on the first post here. First come, first serve...

*You can form friendships and alliances within your own team, along with grudges. To start out, the team number shall be FIVE (5)...

*Each mission will start with Richards and his mission delegation...

*If you get killed, you are done with that character, unless otherwise noted by the GMs. You then pick up as a mission-related character. One must stay in line to become a Chosen, but while you wait participate in being an MRC..

*There can be ONE story going on at once, but there can also be other side pieces such as villain agendas and such...

*Act like your characters, ASSUME their traits and personalities...

*There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...

*People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED from the game and may even be reported to the SHH Moderating staff, depending on the severity of the offense.

*No obscene topics!

In order to be accepted, you need two (2) GMs to agree on your application. GMs cannot accept their own applications.

Multiversers: Unlimited Application

Codename:

Human name (if applicable):

Mission Reserve or Chosen?: (NOTE: You can play one of each. There's a max of six Chosen, and the MRCs are mission specific and must be tied to the Universe the mission is set in.)

Height:

Weight:

Eyes:

Hair:

Marital Status:

Known Relatives:

Group Affiliation (history of group needed):

Universe/Timeline history*:

History:

Skills:

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters):

Hero, anti-hero, villain?:

Brief Sample Post (In the format you plan to portray your character in-game):

ROSTER

Dr. Reed Richards
The Chosen's founder and leader
Superferret

The Doctor
Multiversal Travel Expert
Torchwood

Barbara Gordon
Information Broker
twylight

The Chosen Six

Kal-El
(Kingdom Come Superman)

byrd_man

Invincible
Watchman

Midnighter
The Question

Sonic the Hedgehog
Andy C.

The (Goddamn) Batman
Master Bruce

Boy Blue
Green Lantern

Mission Related Characters

Det. James Gordon
byrd_man

Current Mission Universe Overview

Mission 1: :bat:“A World without a Bat”:bat:

This reality, designation #385, is nearly identitcal to #386 (the mainstream DCU) with one seemingly minor difference: Thomas and Martha Wayne were not killed by the attempted mugging that should have ended thier lives, only injured. As a result, their son, Bruce will never grow to stalk the night as the Bat-Man. Thus Gotham City will eventually come under siege from psychotic criminals who would normally be thwarted by the Bat-Man. The mission of the Chosen will be to go to this universe’s past and ensure that young Bruce Wayne will follow the path of the Bat-Man in anyway they can.

Sweetness....Best of both Multiverses.

Not just both... We're including Image, Dark Horse, and other comics.

Even sweeter....I'll work on something, might put up an app either tonight or tommorrow. quick question though, since it's all world's. That include the Amalgam U.?

Everything is up for grabs. Apply for whoever you want, and the GMs will decide if it's valid.

Sweet! I can finally play as Hellboy!

Also, are we allowed to use characters from non-comic-originally-but-have-comics-of-them franchises (Dark Horse's Star Wars or Aliens vs. Predator, Marvel UK's Doctor Who, etc--I don't know the official name for that)? If I'm allowed, I've got the strangest urge to play Archie's version of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Codename: Superman

Human name (if applicable): Clark Kent

Mission Reserve or Chosen?: Chosen, I suppose

Height: 6'4

Weight: 230

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black and grey

Marital Status: Widower

Known Relatives: Jor-El(father, dead) Laura-El (mother, dead) Martha Kent (adopted mother, dead) Jonathan Kent (Adopted father, dead) Lois Lane-Kent (Wife, dead)

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): Justice Leauge and Chosen

Universe/Timeline history*: The world is ten years removed from the current DC universe. Almost all the older superheroes have retired, making way for new reckless superheroes and villians who have no remorse for those they kill or save.

History: The guiding light of all Superheroes for many years, Kal-El was starting to feel pressure from the new generation of superheroes. The last straw came when the Joker massacres the staff of the Daily Planet, killing (among others) Jimmy Olsen, Perry White and Lois Lane-Kent. As he arrives for his trial, he is blasted and killed by a new superhero named Magog. When Magog in turn is acquitted, Superman, already disheartened at the death of Lois, becomes disgusted by the human race embracing a killer as a hero, and abandons his life as a hero, retreating to his Fortress of Solitude where he will spend the next decade, failing to realize his importance as an inspiration/role model to other heroes.

Skills: Pulitzer Prize winning journalist as well as above average detective skills. (though he's no Batman)

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters): his powers include flight, super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, vision powers (including x-ray, heat, telescopic, infra-red, and microscopic vision), super-photographic memory, super-hearing and super-breath, which enables him to freeze objects by blowing on them, as well as exert the propulsive force of high-speed winds. (His powers have diminished with age so he's not as strong as Earth-One superman, but what he lacks in abilitiy, he makes up for with experience.)

Hero, anti-hero, villain?: Hero

Time marches on.

Or so he saying goes, Time doesn't march on. It repeates it's self in a vicious cycle of never ending violence and crime in which men played make believe in costumes, I was one of them infact I was the leader. I onced believed in the american way, but that was before America and the rest of the world turned it's back on me and called me "old fashioned" and "out of date" I left them and now it appears they need me more than ever. The people said they didn't need a hero, but everyday I hear them cry out for one. Magog's type of violent, extreme "heroism" has gone on long enough.

untitledlh8.png

"This is a job, for Superman."

Incase your denser than a log, this is Kindom Come Superman from Earth-96.

Codename: Invincible

Human name (if applicable):

Mission Reserve or Chosen?: Chosen

Height: 5'11

Weight: 180

Eyes: gray

Hair: black

Marital Status: Girlfriend- Amber Bennett

Known Relatives: Nolan Grayson aka Omni-Man(father), Debbie Grayson(mother), Oliver Grayson(alien half brother)

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): None, although works with the Guardians of the Globe. The Guardians are this world's premiere superhero team until they were wiped out by Omni-Man. The government then went to set up a less than steller version of the team who Invincible usually works with.

Universe/Timeline history*: A universe that contains a large number of races and super beings. One of the most notorious races is known as the Viltrumites. They whole society is based on only the strong survive and see them ruling the universe. The go from planet to planet offer the people two choices: be conquered or be destroyed.

History: Mark Grayson seemed like any ordinary teenager except his father was the world's greatest superhero, Omni-Man. When Mark turned 18 he begun to develop his own powers. This is about the same that his father killed his former teammates, the Guardians of the Globe. Mark confronted his father and tried to defeat him. Before they fought Mark learned the truth about his father and where he was from. His father was came from a race known as the Viltrumite. Mark's father was sent to Earth to weaken it's forces and conquer Earth. Mark heavily outmatched was defeated by his dad. Nolan couldn't end his son's life and left the planet. Mark has now dedicated his life to protecting Earth from the Viltrumites and any other forces that decide to hurt the peace on Earth.

Skills:

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters): Super human strength, speed, and endurance. Flight and invulnerabilty.

Hero, anti-hero, villain?: Hero

Well college kids my age usually have to deal with college midterms, unfair professor, and of course problems with the opposite sex. Me I also have to deal with...I'm not sure what I have to deal with. It looks like a half spider robot half blob monster and let's see his name was...

"I am Terroron the World Destroyer. Fear me puny humans" That's it. He's been saying that about ever five minutes. He knocks me back with a giant metal claw smashing me into a nearby building.

"Hey kid how's it going"

"Oh same old same old Cecil. Giant alien wants to destroy world during a marathon Firefly that I was hoping to watch and then I was going to make out with my girlfiend"

"Is that what you do with your weekend?"

"Oh your right this is so much better slime monsters in giant slime monsters in giant robot suits" I fly from the building heading towards a clear bubble that houses the giant ball of slime.

"Mark I got some bad news for you. The guardians are still tied up with that creatures from the fifth dimension so it's a no go with the back up"

"Great" I slam into the bubble carrying the slimeball into the sky. "I have a question for you why do you aliens always want to destroy the world? I mean what the hell will you get out of it?" Ah space the final frontier this is the last stop for you. I drop him into orbit and head back to earth to take a loooong shower because I have been touching a slime monster all day.

Andy C. said:
Sweet! I can finally play as Hellboy!

Also, are we allowed to use characters from non-comic-originally-but-have-comics-of-them franchises (Dark Horse's Star Wars or Aliens vs. Predator, Marvel UK's Doctor Who, etc--I don't know the official name for that)? If I'm allowed, I've got the strangest urge to play Archie's version of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Who said Hellboy wasn't already reserved for a GM who likes ferrets? :hellboy:

Apply for who you like, and I'll just deny them all. :p

J/K of course, and yes, non-originating comics characters are allowed, but will be limited. MB and I have spoken of a possible Star Wars mission for the future.

Byrd Man, Watchman, you are both accepted as Chosen. That means there are only four slots left on the team.

Also, the Mission Overview has been put up.

Thanks, I wonder instead of calling him Superman. Just call him Kal-El or Kal. Like he wanted in KC.

Codename: (The Goddamn) Batman

Height: 6'2

Weight: 210 lbs

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: Thomas Wayne (Deceased), Martha Wayne (Deceased), Alfred Pennyworth (Surrogate father, butler), Dick Grayson (Ward)

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): None

History: After watching the brtual murder of his parents, Bruce Wayne secluded himself in a state of an animalistic nature. Staying within the caverns beneath Wayne Manor, Bruce fed off of rats and survived soley on what was in the caverns. Re-emerging years later, Bruce became The Batman, a vigilante hellbent on ridding Gotham of it's monstrous level of criminality and corruption. Some time into his career, Batman begins scouting a partner in order to continue on his legacy. He eyes Dick Grayson, a young trapese artist for a Gotham City hosted circus that comes to town. Accompanying Vicki Vale to it, Bruce watches Grayson's final performance as his parents are shot through the head by Jocko-boy Vanzetti. Changing to Batman and taking out Vanzetti, Batman deduces that he was hired by someone else. Switching his focus, Batman saves young Grayson from a beating by corrupt cops, only to brutally scare Grayson into joining his cause by both slapping the boy and insulting him during a maddeningly dangerous car chase in the Batmobile. Grayson accepts, though still finds Batman to be a madman, and Batman begins to shape the boy into his junior partner.

Skills: From what little is known about him, it's obvious that Batman is a master of various brutal styles of combat, and one could even say he's an accomplished drag racer from his driving methods.

Powers (comparative to main DC Universe characters): None. Batman is still a human being, though greatly skilled.

Hero, anti-hero, villain?: Anti-Hero. Batman is percieved either as a Saint or a madman by most of Gotham. Outside of the world, he's been opposed by both Superman and the Justice League of America. Even his closest allies question his rather extreme... perhaps insane methods.

allstarbatman_robin5.jpg

We live in hell. We die in hell. Hell surrounds us all. And too many people don't give a damn to stop it from happening.

A month ago, I kidnapped a twelve year old boy. An airealist. Dick Grayson, 12 years of age. His parents were murdered by a lone gunman. A goddamned hitman who probably did it for nothing more than a filthy wad of cash. He's scarred the boy for life. But the boy is about to realise that in this hell we call a world, spilled blood is something he's gonna have to get used to.

But he's just what I need. Maybe all that I need, to end this damned war. Maybe... If the kid grows a pair, that is. And right now, that's more of a prayer than a possibility.

"What the hell are you doing?"

The kid looks back at me like a deer in the headlights. Today's training was based on close range combat. He's jumping around like a goddamned monkey. I don't recall telling him to be my monkey. I told him to be my ward.

He's messing it up. Messing it all up.

"What? You told me to attack him. I am attacking him! This is what I was taught in the circus-"

"The damned circus isn't going to save your life in this town, boy.", I growl.

"It's all I know! You haven't taught me anything else... Just how to hide in the shadows! How the hell is that gonna help me with this!?", He yells back.

He's getting angrier every day. Good. Better to keep him angry than let him grieve. It'll prove useful.

"It'll do a hell of alot better than a bunch of fancy tricks and flips, kiddo. That crap isn't going to take down your enemies."

"How? How will it do better?! When are you going to start teaching me some stuff I could actually use?!"

I grab him by his shirt, and pull him to my face. Maybe I'm pissing him off a bit too much. Too much for his own damned good.

"When you've earned the right."

I let go of him. He drops, crawls to his feet, brushing off his clothes. All the while giving me a stare that could make Christ wanna slap his brains out. But it's the only way. The only way he'll learn.

"Now shut up and try it again."

A month ago, I kidnapped a twelve year old boy. An airealist. Dick Grayson, twelve years of age.

He's not ready. He's just not ready.

coolness, I can see Kal and GD Batman butting heads frequently. More so than Earth-One Bats and Supes.

Codename: Midnighter

Human name (if applicable): Albert Bendix

Height: 6'

Weight: 160 lbs

Eyes: Green

Hair: Red

Occupation: Former vigilante/assasin, former government operative

Marital Status: Married

Known Relatives: Apollo: Husband, Jenny Quantum: Adoptive daughter

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): The Authority, a teem of anarchist super heroes formed by Jenny Sparks, spirit of the 20th century, to bring about a better world. The team is beloved by many but feared by many more, there brutal style of justice and extreme methods used to save the world inspire as much terror as it does awe. While the entire team, often carefully walks the line between herosim and villainy, Midnighter does most of all. Designed to be the ultimate assassin, he does what he does best to serve his purpose on the team: killing.

Universe/Timeline history*: Very much the same as the main Wildstorm universe, with a few changes.

History: Nothing of his history before becoming Midnighter is known, though it can be assumed that he was a soldier in the U.S. military, or possibly a government super soldier experiment cultivated from early childhood. In any event, Midnighter's history, as far as anyone (quite possibly including himself) can recall, began when he received his gear, costume, and code name. He was bionically and genetically engineered to be the ultimate killing machine. On their first mission, his black ops team was completely wiped out with the exception of himself and his lover, Apollo. The two of them then went rogue, surving as urban vigilantes whiole searching for their crator, Henry Bendix. Eventually, they were contacted by Jenny Sparks in regards to her new team, The Authority. They joined, with Midnighter serving as the team's stealth operative and, when necessairy, their assassin. In my variant of things, Midnighter finally became fed up with a life of senseless killing and left the Authority. Apollo left with him, feeling that Jenny needed a stable family environment. The family now lives in Chicago under the surname Bendix. While Midnighter is officially retired, he does don the mask and trench coat from time to time to keep the local trouble makers in line.

Skills: Midnighter is a highly skilled tactitican and hand to hand combatant, and is highly skilled and making weapons.

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters): Midnighter possesses superhuman strength, speed, agility, and endurance. He also possesses a regenerative healing factor. Though not as powerful as that of Wolverine or Deadpool, it does make injuries that would normally take weeks to heal only take a day at best, and makes him immune to most diseases. His immune system even rid his body of AIDs after about a week at one point. His most important ability, however, stems from his nural implants. They give him superhuman reaction time, and the thinking speed of a super computer. He is able to calculate the possible outcomes of any given situation, giving him a form of precognition that makes him an unbeatable hand to hand fighter.

Hero, anti-hero, villain?: Anti-hero.

Okay, let's see...

Bread

Milk

Orange Juice

Eggs

Cereal

Cheese

Hmm, does Jenny like Coke or Dr. Pepper? I should know this. I am her father. Well, I don't like Dr. Pepper. But then, she doesn't take after me at all. Does Apollo like Dr. Pepper? I better ask when I get home. I'll go with Coke for now to be safe.

I get into the line for the counter, which is, as I should have known, insanely long. Great.

I wait. And I wait. And I wait. Eventually, I catch myself humming along to the music playing from the little speakers in the ceiling. What is that? Is that Journey? Yeah. "Don't stop believing." I haven't heard this song in years. I heard one time that they got the tittle for the song from that part in Peter Pan where Peter...

"Excuse me..."

I look up. I'm at the front of the line. The guy at the counter gives me a weird look.

"You are going to pay for those, right?"

"Yeah. Sorry."

I hand him the groceries.

Right now, I could leap over the counter and smash his face into the chash register until he stops moving. Odds are that he's got a gun hidden under the cash register, so I could grab it, pistol whip him with it, and blow his brains out. I could also stick my fingers into his nose, rip it off, and then stick my fingers up into his brain. And then, of course, I could just reach out and snap his neck.

He hands me the groceries.

"That'll be $35.99."

I take the bag, pay him, and leave the store.

Maybe I should have gotten Dr. Pepper.

Thanks. Way I see it, I'll be playing Midnighter from a "History of Violence" angle. He just wants to lead a normal family life, but being called upon to save all creation from collapsing in on itself forces him to get his hands dirty again.

Hopefullly, there will be less rough sex scenes.

Sounds good to me.

What do you all think of the mission scenario?

How exactly do we set Bruce on the path to be Batman? Kill his parents?

Maybe All Star Batman and the formerly retired Midnighter take him on a tour of Gotham's East End to show him the underbelly ofr the city. Or, maybe we can get creative and have the Chosen find someone else to become Gotham's resident vigilante detective.

...Or Midnighter could you know kill them

Well, since Ferret's apparently reserving Hellboy, I'll take the other option I wanted to try.

Codename: Sonic

Real name: Olgilvie Maurice Hedgehog (though he'll never ever admit that's his real name)

Human name (if applicable): Not really applicable since he ain't human.

Mission Reserve or Chosen?: I guess Chosen, since I doubt there'll be too many missions specifically involving the Archie Comics universe.

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 125 lbs.

Eyes: Green

Hair: Blue

Marital Status: single

Known Relatives: Jules Hedgehog (father, roboticized), Bernadette Hedgehog (mother, roboticized), Sir Charles Hedgehog (uncle, roboticized)

Group Affiliation (history of group needed): The Freedom Fighters

During the reign of Robotnik, the Freedom Fighters were a small army of rebels, consisting of different cells all over Mobius, all sworn to removing the tyrant and restoring the rightful king. After over a decade of fighting, Robotnik's empire crumbled, and the new Knothole Kingdom was established in its stead. In this new age, the Freedom Fighters are a paramilitary force which serves to protect the Kingdom from all outside enemies, particularly the Eggman Empire.

Though the group was usually led by Princess Sally Acorn, it was Sonic who acted as field commander, as well as an inspirational symbol for the team.

Universe/Timeline history*:

It is thousands of years into the future, and the human race is all but extinct for unknown reasons. In its place rose the Mobians, animals of all different species who evolved into humanoid form. They soon became the dominant life-form on Earth, which they came to know as Mobius.

The Mobians were once led by the Kingdom of Acorn, who ruled benevolently for generations. However, the rule of the Acorns did not extend to the 'Overlanders,' a race of humans who wanted to take their world back. The Great War between Mobian and human lasted decades, with neither side able to fully conquer the other.

Eventually, an Overlander warlod by the name of Julian Ivo defected to assist the Mobian king Maximillian. Using Ivo's technology, the Mobians defeated the Overlanders, driving them out of their land forever. However, their victory was short-lived, as Ivo betrayed the King, banishing him to the Zone of Silence and establishing himself as supreme ruler of Mobius.

Now calling himself 'Robotnik,' the tyrant led a robotic army to enslave the kingdom, hunting down Mobians and having them 'roboticized,' a process which turned organic material into cybernetic constructs. Those who managed to survive the first wave fled deep into the Great Forest, into the hidden sanctuary of Knothole.

From there, they began a rebellion, which eventually was headed by the king's daughter Sally, and championed by Sonic the Hedgehog. Though it was at first an unorganized mob, the Freedom Fighters and their allies soon became capable of full-fledged war against Robotnik and his forces.

Eventually, the war was won. Robotnik's plans for total domination were ruined, his empire collapsed, and he himself was apparently killed. The Mobians slowly but surely emerged from their hideaways and established the Knothole Kingdom, with the Princess Sally being declared ruler until King Max could be brought back to their world.

After a few years, Robotnik re-emerged with an improved army and a bit of an identity crisis, going back and forth between calling himself 'Robotnik' and 'Eggman.' His forces swiftly invaded, taking huge portions of the Kingdom. Now a new war rages between the Knothole Kingdom and the Eggman Empire.

(say what you will about the Archie comics, but they have one hell of a detailed back-story)

History:

Sonic was born into a well-respected family that had close ties with the Royal family of Acorn. His father Jules was fatally wounded in the Great War against the Overlanders, and to save his life, Sonic's uncle Sir Charles had him roboticized. However, due to Ivo's sabotage, the process turned Jules into a mindless slave, who quickly forced the same process on the rest of his family, save for Sonic. Though he was only a child, Sonic was able to help the Princess Sally escape to Knothole during the first stages of Robotnik's invasion.

As he grew up, Sonic spent the majority of his life running special missions for the Freedom Fighters, quickly becoming a hero to the rebellion. Time and time again, he faced Robotnik directly and defeated him and any other powers that rose as threats to Mobius. He also befriended a two-tailed fox named Miles, who he nicknamed 'Tails.' The name stuck, and the two became an inseparable duo, Sonic teaching Tails the tricks of the trade as an adventurer and fighter.

Once Robotnik was thrown down for good, he became a steward to the throne, and it was believed that he would eventually marry Sally and become king.

However, during the years between Robotnik's apparent death and his return, Sonic found himself at odds with the Princess on several occasions, both professionally and personally. This was worsened when Sonic was apparently killed fighting an alien menace known as the Xorda, though he was in fact transported across the galaxy. It took him over a year to return, and by then, most of his friends were drastically different (particularly Sally), the Knothole Kingdom was now ruled by Sally's long-lost brother Elias, and the Eggman Empire had already taken its hold.

Returning to a world that has learned how to go on without him, Sonic now tries to band his old friends together again to fight a war that he thought he'd already won.

Skills:

Sonic is an adept hand-to-hand fighter, and is fairly good at operating vehicles (though he usually leaves that to his best friend/apprentice Tails). During to his year-long voyage in space, he was given a cybernetic implant that allows him to speak and understand any language.

Powers (comparative to main comic book characters):

Sonic has the ability to move at incredible velocity, surpassing the speed of sound. When moving at such speeds, his reflexes and agility are raised correspondingly, and he is by some means shielded from the physical damage that would normally occur (this also applies to anyone or anything he may happen to be carrying). He does not know how he acquired such powers, but it hardly matter to him.

Hero, anti-hero, villain?:

Hero. Sonic can be loudmouthed and arrogant, but at the end of the day, he's determined to look out for his friends, and stop injustice wherever he finds it.

Sonicrun_2006.png

I live for this.

The world around me is a blur, objects seeming to melt into each other as I fly past them. I barely feel the ground as it passes under me, and I can't hear anything, because, well, you hardly ever hear anything when you're going faster than sound itself.

Saying it's a rush would be an understatement. Heck, calling that an understatement is an understatement. Here I am, going at speeds that ought to turn my body into paste, and instead I'm smiling as I go.

I glance over my shoulder and realize that they're starting to trail behind me. I slow down just enough to let them think they're catching up.

sonic-the-hedgehog-next-gen-2005090.jpg

Two of them for now, but if I know anything about old Buttnik, there's bound to be more on the way. These new bots he's got are pretty slick compared to the boring old swat-bots and buzz-bombers, but if I can get to an open area to take them on, they shouldn't be any sort of challenge.

Finally, we reach a clearing. I skid to a halt, kicking up a huge cloud of dirt as the two robots fly ahead of me. Once they realize they've passed me up, they circle back. Good...now to stall them until their friends arrive.

PRIORITY TARGET, YOU ARE SURROUNDED. SURRENDER, AND MEET YOUR END QUICKLY.

Just as I was hoping, the other bots, about a half-dozen in all, start coming in from all sides. Now that I know where they are, it'll be easy to take them down by the numbers.

"Hey, not that I don't like being threatened by a future scrap-heap, but I'm gonna wrap this little party up quickly, okay?"

I pick up a rock off of the ground, and hold it out at shoulder-height. I've always wanted to try this.

"Hey, Buttnik! I know you're watching, so I thought I'd give you a show. Get a load of this!"

I open my hand, letting the rock fall. That instant, the world seems to slow to a halt. I don't know any other way to explain it, but that's how it feels. The robot has already aimed his weapon, and fires a laser. No matter how fast I am, I can't outrun the speed of light. Thing is, by the time the weapon's fired, I'm already on the move.

sonic-the-hedgehog-2006081804172595.jpg

I sprint towards the closest bot and launch myself into the air. Both of my feet connect, kicking its chest-plate in as I shove off of it and leap to my next target.

This one I overshoot intentionally, sailing over it and grabbing onto the robot's head as I go. Technically, I shouldn't be strong enough to pull its head off, but after all, force is mass times acceleration, and I've got a heck of a lot of acceleration going on. The head pops right off, I ricochet off of a third robot, and the acrobatics continue.

sonic-the-hedgehog-2006051000373497.jpg

The last three are firing wildly into the air as I curl myself into a ball and begin to spin. Going this fast, the effect is like some weird cross between a buzzsaw and a wrecking ball as I bounce back and forth between them, pulverizing the machines into junk. I already know Sally is going to have my head for not bringing back some usable tech, but I can always find another.

With all six robots destroyed, I skid to a stop....and catch the rock before it hits the ground.

Like I said....I live for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"