The Multiversers RPG

The sound of the run down cowboy boot heels filled the night air as the hooded figure marched on.

Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith

He smiled through the darkness, and as he smiles, somewhere green grass turns yellow and dies, a baby gives a whimper as it dies in it's cradle. He has that kind of smile, a grin that would turn your prostate bad and make you pee blood for the rest of your rotten days on this earth.

I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

He stops, and watches as five bodies float in the air, motionless and frozen.

"Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name, but whats puzzling you is the nature of my game."

The five bodies stand motionless as the hooded figure stands hidden in the shadows.

"Welcome to End-World. This rotting bad place hole isn't much, but it's all I got."

The figure chuckles half-heartidly.

"Look around at the five of you. Now you may look strange, but the five of you all have something in common. Hatred, you all have hate in your hearts, chips on your shoulders. Life's always given you a crappy deal, no? I've brought you all here today to unite you, together we will bring chaos to all those who look down at us like they'e better than us. I bring you a chance for justice, a chance for vengence, a chance for redemption. A chance to bring it all down around their heads."

He pauses and holds his hands up, palms facing the five people.

"Before I unfreeze you, let me introduce myself. I'm a man of many names. Ahaz, Astaroth, Nyarlahotep, R’yelah, Seti, The Dark Man, The Man with No Face, The Walkin Dude, John the Conqueror, Flagg the Hooded, The Midnight Rambler, the Boogeyman, the Wizard, the Magician, the Ageless Stranger, and some even call me Legion and The King of Nowhere. I've been called Blackheart, in one crazy world. I've also been known as Ramsey Forrest, Raymond Fiegler, Robert Franq, Richard Fry, Robert Freemont, Richard Freemantle, Russell Faraday, Richard Fannin, Walter O'Dim, and Marten Broadcloak. But if you must call me anything."

He emerges from the shadows, his face basks in the amber light.

dt71.jpg

"Call me Flagg. Randall Flagg."

Entreri-4.gif

Entreri's mind raced as he floated in the air, his muscles unable to obey his commands no matter how hard he willed them to move.
One second he was in Calimport dealing with Pasha Giram, and then he suddenly finds himself in this strange plane of existence.

As the hooded figure continues his rant, Entreri takes in his surroundings. It is a barren plane, bathed in a seemingly perpetual darkness thanks to the never-ending sheet of dark clouds overhead. The sound of rolling thunder rang clearly in Entreri's ears.
In his immediate area, Artemis saw that he floated in the middle of ancient ruins, torches flickering their light, illuminating the area.
He did not know where he was, but he fealt as though he was stolen away to the Abyss.

Suddenly Entreri fealt his muscles twitch. Within a blink of an eye, he was floating no more. His ability to move returned, Entreri landed deftly on his feet, his weapons drawn and in hand before he even hit the ground.

"I do not care what your name is", Entreri stated as he eyed the man catiously. Entreri did his best to keep the cold, heartless edge in his voice, but something about this man made his skin crawl and his stomach turn.

"And I have no desire to play the pawn in whatever game you play", he continued.

"Return me to Calimport. Now", Entreri stated as he narrowed his eyes, the jewels of his devilish dagger shinning splendidly in the torchlight.

Flagg chuckles as his black eyes shine in the torchlight.

"Now, friend. There's no need to draw our weapons."

The friendly edge that was in his voice dissapears, now only a venomous tone can be heard as he speaks.

"Especically when your weapon is hissing..."

Entreri looks down, as his dagger changes shape into a python. Flagg starts to break out into hysterical laughter.

"Hahahahaha. Gonna be hard to stab someone with that, dude."

Suddenly, his laughing ceases and he stares at the five men before him. His voice takes on a madness that's only been matched by men like Hitler and Jim Jones, men who believed themselves to be messengers of god's plan.

"Now. The time has come to take our place as rulers of the world, not just the world's you hail from, but the entire multiverse. There are infinite amount of worlds out there. That's infinite amounts of people to rule, children to slaughter, women to rape. This ours for the taking and nobody can stop us! Join me and we can watch it all burn!"

Five humanoid shapes suddenly appeared in the white hot void. They materialized from the nothingness, seemingly standing on air as there was no discernable anything in the barren nexus.

The five heroes stood still in a state of shock at their sudden departure from their homeworld and reappearance in this formless dimension. But these were no ordinary heroes, which is why they were Chosen.

It only took a few seconds for them to gain their composure, but before anyone could say anything to each other, a voice cried out from all around them.

"Greetings, mortals."

A human-like figure dressed in white shining robes appeared before the five captured souls, his hands reaching out wide to his sides.
His face could not be seen under the large hood of the robes. Only a set human lips were discernable. In truth, it was because that was all the entity allowed them to see.

"Do not be alarmed. You aren't in any danger. You may call me Chronos. I am the protector of the multiverse. I apologize for the kidnapping as it were, but it was a necessary evil."

"You five are the greatest heroes your world has to offer. Your skills and powers are needed for the ultimate battle. A dark force threatens all of existence...for all realities. And I have brought you all here to aid me in preventing this darkness from succeeding."

Hero? Of my world? I know that I've stopped Malebolgia many times, but I don't consider myself a hero. But that doesn't matter.

"Who are you? Heaven? bad place? Greenworld? And where's Wanda Blake?"

I'm sick of these games. I want answers.

Entreri dropped his "dagger" in a rare moment of shock and stepped backwards. His look of shock quickly disappeared though, and once more the cold monotone expression appears on his face.

How he hated spellcasters!

"I have no desire to rule anyone or anything", Entreri stated matter-of-factly.
"I do not rape women, or slaughter children, and I have no desire to do so for you."

Hero? Of my world? I know that I've stopped Malebolgia many times, but I don't consider myself a hero. But that doesn't matter.

"Who are you? Heaven? bad place? Greenworld? And where's Wanda Blake?"

I'm sick of these games. I want answers.

"I am everything", Chronos replied with a smirk, "I am the one who has seen existence born and will see it fade away."

"As for your lady friend", Chronos continued, "but if saving all reality isn't enough incentive for you...if you agree to help me save the multiverse I will take you to them when the job is finished."

"I am everything", Chronos replied with a smirk, "I am the one who has seen existence born and will see it fade away."

"As for your lady friend", Chronos continued, "but if saving all reality isn't enough incentive for you...if you agree to help me save the multiverse I will take you to them when the job is finished."

I nodded. How could I argue with that logic. But what did he want us to do? I decided to take a backseat and see who these other guys were. Pretty strange line-up. One's in blue. One's in white. One's got a shiny ring, and the other's a cowboy.

"Fine. Should there be some introductions in order?"

Aquaman
Swift and Powerful, Monarch of the Oceans!

Orin had been amused the duration of this odd captivity thus far. At first, he was frustrated that he had been taken away during his moment of triumph against his brother, but now it seemed worth it. He wanted his name to be known throughout his world? How about all the worlds.

This being before him, this...Flagg, was making a most tempting offer. And after witnessing one his fellow "new" comrades, he chuckles.

"Hahaha. You fool. Any brute could see this man before us has quite the restraint on this entire little world we are in; it is his domain. I for one shall respect that, for it is not a domain I wish to take hold of. Now..."

Orin turns to water, and he is no longer held together by Flagg's binding.

"...I for one find this quite compelling. All I ask in return is this: When all the universes are in our grasp...who will truly be in control? You? Or will it be spread out among us?"

Five humanoid shapes suddenly appeared in the white hot void. They materialized from the nothingness, seemingly standing on air as there was no discernable anything in the barren nexus.

The five heroes stood still in a state of shock at their sudden departure from their homeworld and reappearance in this formless dimension. But these were no ordinary heroes, which is why they were Chosen.

It only took a few seconds for them to gain their composure, but before anyone could say anything to each other, a voice cried out from all around them.

"Greetings, mortals."

A human-like figure dressed in white shining robes appeared before the five captured souls, his hands reaching out wide to his sides.
His face could not be seen under the large hood of the robes. Only a set human lips were discernable. In truth, it was because that was all the entity allowed them to see.

"Do not be alarmed. You aren't in any danger. You may call me Chronos. I am the protector of the multiverse. I apologize for the kidnapping as it were, but it was a necessary evil."

"You five are the greatest heroes your world has to offer. Your skills and powers are needed for the ultimate battle. A dark force threatens all of existence...for all realities. And I have brought you all here to aid me in preventing this darkness from succeeding."

As the mysterious white robed figuer and the frightening creature that was equally, if not more robed spoke, Hal Jordan assessed the situation. Looking around him, he saw nothing by which he could recognize his location.

"Ring, location report. Where am I?" Jordan whispered into his ring. The ring did not respond however, only giving Hal a few emerald sparks and a low crackle.
Dropping his fist and raising his voice, he shouted towards the robed figure.

"I don't what kind of crack-pot you are, and I don't even know what country I'm in right now, but I swear to God almighty you are going to bring the wrath of the entire United States Army down on yourself. Are you working with the commies?" Jordan demanded an answer, pointing his ring towards the figure in white, hoping it wouldn't call his bluff.

Flagg chuckles as his black eyes shine in the torchlight.

"Now, friend. There's no need to draw our weapons."

The friendly edge that was in his voice dissapears, now only a venomous tone can be heard as he speaks.

"Especically when your weapon is hissing..."

Entreri looks down, as his dagger changes shape into a python. Flagg starts to break out into hysterical laughter.

"Hahahahaha. Gonna be hard to stab someone with that, dude."

Suddenly, his laughing ceases and he stares at the five men before him. His voice takes on a madness that's only been matched by men like Hitler and Jim Jones, men who believed themselves to be messengers of god's plan.

"Now. The time has come to take our place as rulers of the world, not just the world's you hail from, but the entire multiverse. There are infinite amount of worlds out there. That's infinite amounts of people to rule, children to slaughter, women to rape. This ours for the taking and nobody can stop us! Join me and we can watch it all burn!"

"Well," said Loki, almost at a loss for words after hearing Flagg's little speech, "I like the sound of that."

He enthusiastically stuck out his hand in front of Flagg.

"My name is Loki. Loki Laufeyson. And I must know, Mr. Flagg. Where have you been all my life?"

Entreri-4.gif

Entreri looked around at his "companions" as they too were freed from Flagg's captivity. He did not like this. There seemed to be much magic about all of them...and one seemed to be a creature from the Abyss itself!

He did not like being toyed with or used or taken against his will. But it seemed at least a couple of the others who were in the same predicament did not share his views.
Entreri was definitely between the proverbial rock and the hard place.

His thoughts drifted back to home, to Faerûn and Calimport, to performing his murderous duties for the highest bidder. How simple it was, and oh how he longed to go back to that now...

As the mysterious white robed figuer and the frightening creature that was equally, if not more robed spoke, Hal Jordan assessed the situation. Looking around him, he saw nothing by which he could recognize his location.

"Ring, location report. Where am I?" Jordan whispered into his ring. The ring did not respond however, only giving Hal a few emerald sparks and a low crackle.
Dropping his fist and raising his voice, he shouted towards the robed figure.

"I don't what kind of crack-pot you are, and I don't even know what country I'm in right now, but I swear to God almighty you are going to bring the wrath of the entire United States Army down on yourself. Are you working with the commies?" Jordan demanded an answer, pointing his ring towards the figure in white, hoping it wouldn't call his bluff.

Chronos laughed heartily at the threat.
"My dear Hal Jordan", replied Chronos with a shake of his head, "do not be so naive. You are no longer in your universe, I had thought that much would be clear to you by now."

"You are in a place beyond time and reality", he continued as he swept his arms wide as if to show off the white void around them, "you are in my domain. It is the only place I could bring you where we would be safe from prying eyes."

Chronos laughed heartily at the threat.
"My dear Hal Jordan", replied Chronos with a shake of his head, "do not be so naive. You are no longer in your universe, I had thought that much would be clear to you by now."

"You are in a place beyond time and reality", he continued as he swept his arms wide as if to show off the white void around them, "you are in my domain. It is the only place I could bring you where we would be safe from prying eyes."

"Safe? Safe from what? Listen, I don't know what you're up to, but you send me back right now! If we don't stop Superman, that commie bastard will eventually take over everything. And I can't let that happen. Now, if you please, go ahead and drop whatever you're doing to my ring and point me home."

"Safe? Safe from what? Listen, I don't know what you're up to, but you send me back right now! If we don't stop Superman, that commie bastard will eventually take over everything. And I can't let that happen. Now, if you please, go ahead and drop whatever you're doing to my ring and point me home."

"You poor little man", replied Chronos with a sigh, "do you not realize that this threat is greater than your Superman?"

"If this dark power succeeds in it's goals, you will have no home to return to!"

"You are one of the greatest heroes in all the multiverse, Hal Jordan. You are needed to ensure that not only your reality, but all realities."

"But, as I told Mr. Simmons there", Chronos continued as he nodded his head in the direction of Spawn, "if saving an infinite amount of lives is not enough for you, I will send you back with the power to defeat your enemy, Superman, when the job is finished."

"You poor little man", replied Chronos with a sigh, "do you not realize that this threat is greater than your Superman?"

"If this dark power succeeds in it's goals, you will have no home to return to!"

"You are one of the greatest heroes in all the multiverse, Hal Jordan. You are needed to ensure that not only your reality, but all realities."

"But, as I told Mr. Simmons there", Chronos continued as he nodded his head in the direction of Spawn, "if saving an infinite amount of lives is not enough for you, I will send you back with the power to defeat your enemy, Superman, when the job is finished."

Hal did not believe one word coming from the man's...at least he thought it was a man...mouth. But if he wasn't going to get back home the easy way, he'd do it the hard way.

"So..Chronos, was it? What exactly is it you want us to do." Hal asks, gesturing to his fellow captives, all of which look like they could crush worlds.

Even with all of my powers, I had never felt so vulnerable. I'm lost, dazed, and confused. Lex's surprise attack with that green substance still resonated in my mind. What was that, and how did it hurt me? Did that somehow transport me here? If so, I can't let Lex win this easily.

As I listen to Chronos speak, I get this chilling image of a dozen Luthors taking over the...'multiverse,' was it? In any case, I feel suddenly compelled to really listen to what Chronos has to say. He would not have brought me here unless it was for a reason.

Looking around at my compatriots - none of whom I recognize - I see that introductions are in order. So I step forward and announced clearly, "My name is Kal-El. On Earth, I am known as Superman."

I look around again. All eyes are on me. Ever since I started wearing this costume, I'm used to commanding a room.

"As far as I know, I am the last survivor of the planet Krypton. I have dedicated my life to protecting Earth--"

I take a deep breath and close my eyes - if only for a second.

"--and I am willing to do whatever you ask, Chronos - provided that it upholds the ideals of truth, justice, and the American way."

Even with all of my powers, I had never felt so vulnerable. I'm lost, dazed, and confused. Lex's surprise attack with that green substance still resonated in my mind. What was that, and how did it hurt me? Did that somehow transport me here? If so, I can't let Lex win this easily.

As I listen to Chronos speak, I get this chilling image of a dozen Luthors taking over the...'multiverse,' was it? In any case, I feel suddenly compelled to really listen to what Chronos has to say. He would not have brought me here unless it was for a reason.

Looking around at my compatriots - none of whom I recognize - I see that introductions are in order. So I step forward and announced clearly, "My name is Kal-El. On Earth, I am known as Superman."

I look around again. All eyes are on me. Ever since I started wearing this costume, I'm used to commanding a room.

"As far as I know, I am the last survivor of the planet Krypton. I have dedicated my life to protecting Earth--"

I take a deep breath and close my eyes - if only for a second.

"--and I am willing to do whatever you ask, Chronos - provided that it upholds the ideals of truth, justice, and the American way."

"American way is so passe", Chronos replied with a smile, "I intend to uphold the 'way' of all existance, Superman."

"But in any case I am glad that you are behind me", continued Chronos, "because the situation is most grave."

"What I intend to have you do, Hal", he said as he turned to face the Green Lantern, "is travel from universe to universe, stopping the Dark Power that threatens it...by any means necessary."

"Now I guess it would be good for you all to continue your introductions", Chronos continued with a dismissive wave of his hand.
"When you all are through saying 'hello' we can get down to business."

"Greetings, mortals."

Tommy looked around the room in awe. "I think the first thing we need to do is to see what our 'team' looks like... I can offer good fighting skills and a giant tiger robot, what about the rest of you? By the way, I'm Tommy."

Tommy looked around the room in awe. "I think the first thing we need to do is to see what our 'team' looks like... I can offer good fighting skills and a giant tiger robot, what about the rest of you? By the way, I'm Tommy."
I nod. The kid's got a point. At least, I'm assuming he's a kid - judging by his voice. Obviously his age is not a reflection of his skill. Otherwise, Chronos would not have chosen him to be part of this selective team.

"I'm faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive train," I explain proudly. I'm so used to using these sayings to impress the general public - but these men are not the general public. For all I know, they are more powerful than me. So I drop the stage act.

"Somehow, my alien physiology allows me to defy the laws of gravity. My eyes are also highly advanced - I can generate pure heat energy or look through solid objects. More recently, I've discovered that I can magnify things as well."

Man, it really isn't simple to list all of this, is it? No matter - it's a labor of love. I'm just excited to see what the other three have to offer.

The Gunslinger, silent so far, just tips his hat as he looks at his fellow heroes. Was it Ka that had brought him here? Or was it just dumb luck. He was confused by these people, all of them seemed to have some sort of enchantment on them...and dressed so strangley.

"I don't do too much better than most, but what I can do, I do much better than most."

His hands go towards the huge guns criss-crossed around his jeans.

"Roland Deschain, of the House of Eld and last Gunslinger from Gilead."

"...Gunslinger? Like the kind from the Old West? Interesting, to say the least."

"Well," said Loki, almost at a loss for words after hearing Flagg's little speech, "I like the sound of that."

He enthusiastically stuck out his hand in front of Flagg.

"My name is Loki. Loki Laufeyson. And I must know, Mr. Flagg. Where have you been all my life?"

Flagg flashes his toothy smile, flowers wilt as he shakes Loki's hand.

"Ha! I knew I picked the right God for the job."

Orin turns to water, and he is no longer held together by Flagg's binding.

"...I for one find this quite compelling. All I ask in return is this: When all the universes are in our grasp...who will truly be in control? You? Or will it be spread out among us?"

"Please, Orin."

He holds his arms out with the palms out in a non-threatening manner.

"The multiverse is big enough to share. In fact, all I ask is one little thing."

Flagg draws his hand's tight and presses hard. He opens them again and five small stones sit in his palm, each of the stones are as black as night, but with a small red flaw in the shape of an eye sits in the center. All of them have black rope on the end. Small necklaces.

"The only thing I ask is your unflinching allegiance. To become my Agents of Chaos."

[COLOR=#00e0]"...Gunslinger? Like the kind from the Old West? Interesting, to say the least."[/COLOR]

The Gunslinger nods.

"Aye. Since the age of five, I have been trained in every form of combat known to Mid-World. From the guns, to swords, even to a sling, I can wield it with deathly percision."

The Gunslinger nods.

"Aye. Since the age of five, I have been trained in every form of combat known to Mid-World. From the guns, to swords, even to a sling, I can wield it with deathly percision."
I nod my head in impressment.

"I give you a lot of credit," I state sincerely. "It takes a lot to reach that kind of skill without cheating through, say, natural-born powers."

I truly am excited to see this Gunslinger in action. If he's good enough to be on Chronos's team, he must be a really good shot.

These guys seem good. Gotta give 'em credit.

"Well... I am a hellspawn made of pure necroplasm and I have a suit that can let me do almost anything I can think of. They call me 'Spawn'..."

Looks like whatever we have to do, we'll get it done with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"