Justice League Status Updates Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see the JLA take on an alien invasion. The cartoon did it well.

Have them already already established and trying to recruit Batman or something.

They need to hold off on any Alien invasion scenario its been done to death of late. Some of the best DC villians are Earth based and they should explore that first especially if they include the rise of the meta humans, Cadmus, or the Justice Lords.

Aquaman will be the butt end of their jokes, most of the time. Until he proves them wrong when the League is in need. I think an Aquaman movie would be expensive but i dont think they would include a lot of water scenes (or any at all) in JL...so i dont think it'll be expensive in that case.

An alien invasion is one of the worst things that they could do.

They need to hold off on any Alien invasion scenario its been done to death of late. Some of the best DC villians are Earth based and they should explore that first especially if they include the rise of the meta humans, Cadmus, or the Justice Lords.
Agreed. Needs to differentiate itself from Avengers in particular.

I can imagine with the way WB seems to be handling MOS they will go for a more grounded threat than an alien invasion scenario.

How do you ground a Justice league villain? I mean really..this is a team with Superman, wonderwoman, Green lantern, MM and Aquaman..gods aplenty. The threat has to be pretty damned insane to justify the team up. I can't see how you ground a guy like Darkseid.

Thing I don't like is the plan for Man of Steel's universe has suddenly been altered. A year ago we had Snyder and Nolan saying this was Superman's own universe, now things have changed and frankly I don't like that for two reasons 1) It means a film that was never intended to be the launching point for anything else other than the character at hand is suddenly setting the tone for what's to come and/or may be altered in the coming months to suit a shared universe, 2) It places more pressure on a character that's having enough trouble staying relevant on film as is because suddenly everything relies on Man of Steel delivering the goods, and frankly there's no guarantee with that.

Last edited:
WB feels like they're dropping the ball now, that's why. By all rights Justice League should have been a flick a while ago, with all their DC stable being established in solo movies. But they could never do it.

Thing I don't like is the plan for Man of Steel's universe has suddenly been altered. A year ago we had Snyder and Nolan saying this was Superman's own universe, now things have changed and frankly I don't like that for two reasons 1) It means a film that was never intended to be the launching point for anything else other than the character at hand is suddenly setting the tone for what's to come and/or may be altered in the coming months to suit a shared universe, 2) It places more pressure on a character that's having enough trouble staying relevant on film as is because suddenly everything relies on Man of Steel delivering the goods, and frankly there's no guarantee with that.

I once suggested that the MOS trilogy be set in a timeline before superheroes show up.This allows Nolan/Goyer to write Superman the way they wanted with him being the First and only Superhero at the time of the Trilogy.This also frees the MOS trilogy of having to reference any other superhero.

I would have have Superman creating the league about 4 years after the events of MOS.This leaves room for a Mos trilogy to be set in the 4 years before the Jl is formed.

I also think the look of JL supes and MOS supes shld be slightly different.Im thinking JL supes shld spot Long hair like he did after his ressurection.The Mos trilogy will basically tell the story of how Superman became the Superman we see in the JL movies.

I can imagine with the way WB seems to be handling MOS they will go for a more grounded threat than an alien invasion scenario.

Well if they are lookig for a grounded earth based threat,You cld have the threat of the Justice league be the Illuminati. The Justice League vs. The Illuminati; that would capture imaginations like no other. They could call it "The Light" as they do in Young Justice, but I personally think "Illuminati" is way more bad ass and scary.Have the Illuminati be led by Vandal Savage although you cld through in Ras Alghul and Circe into the mix.Think of it as the council of immortals

I feel like that's as realistic as you can get with a JL movie. In a world where there's a single cabal of individuals who have been controlling the events of human history (Savage being the leader), it makes sense for a band of superheroes to join forces to stop him. There's something about the Justice League that just lends itself to conspiracy theories - I hope conspiracies become a big part of this film series.

The story will be set in a world full of of already established superheroes,so expect cameos from lot of Dc Superheroes.Also If you have a world full of already established superheroes, the separate origins of the League members wouldn't matter.. the only important thing would be how the League itself was formed. In a world where superheroes are the norm, how they came to be wouldn't be all that necessary.So a Jlmovie wldnt suffer from lack of solo leadup.

.As for the Plot itself we cld show the Illuminati manipulating the public to hate superheroes and declare war on them only to get them out of the way so that the Illuminati and their armies can take control.The Story of the Leagues world mostly be a story of how Superman gathers the greatest Superheroes to stop the age of Superheroes fom coming to an end and of course save the world.The story wld really be about the importance of heroes.

I say save the alien invasion for the final film.The first film needs to diffrentiate itself from the Avengers.

Last edited:
Remember when Lex Luthor and Brainiac combined with Cadmus tech? That was a cool villain.

I must be the only guy who loves Batman and Supe , and does not want a ridiculous JLA fluff superhero movie. These type of movies are boring , shallow , and bring absolutely nothing outside of the idea of putting together these 2 huge icons.

As a fan , these group superheroes only undermine the purposes and motivations of the characters. It completely deteriorates their individuality and ultimately their goal .

Dude, if you dont like it why are u posting, that's what Batman solo movies and Superman solo movies are for. To show their individuality. A Justice League doesnt lessen anything unless they pack each solo movie with tons of cameos, etc (like Iron Man 2). As long as they stay on track, it's the best of both worlds. You can always decide to just...not watch the JL movie?

And who says this will be fluff? We dont know the approach the writing will take.

I'm not feeling that idea.
Why not?
Remember when Lex Luthor and Brainiac combined with Cadmus tech? That was a cool villain.

It was.I howver dont want to see that villain in a first JL movie-
I think its a bad idea to have Solo villains make their appearance in a JL movie before they make a solo movie apperance,it kinda spoils them.Braniac should not show up in a Jl movie before he shows up in a Mos sequel.Thats like Loki showing up in the avenger before Thor .
The JL movie doesnt have to use solo villains-There are JL villains as well.For example,Darkseid is primarily a League villain even if he sometimes appears as a Superman villan.So he can be used without any solo movie apperances.

- Darkseid
- Brainiac
- Sinestro (Which would have been very similar to Loki in The Avengers)
- The Government being suspicious in the background.

Then theres always Amazo for some cool fight scenes.

It really shouldn't be that hard.

- Darkseid
- Brainiac
- Sinestro (Which would have been very similar to Loki in The Avengers)
- The Government being suspicious in the background.

Then theres always Amazo for some cool fight scenes.

It really shouldn't be that hard.

See my post above yours

An alien invasion just makes sense. Starro or something. The JLA is too powerful for earth-based villains. It has to be a major threat. I like morrison's Gods of Olympus big 7.

To butt in: because it basically makes the Big Bad a Vague Ominous Council of people with behind the scenes political influence, which is. . . a poor opponent for any kind of fight scenes. Sure, they can have minions and soldiers and weird tech and whatnot. . . but when the potentially charismatic lead villains spend all the time behind the scenes, it hurts the drama of any such battles.

Basically, you are envisioning a movie wherein the JLA spends the whole thing saving people, stopping natural disasters, and engaging in PR work against the negative PR work of their secret enemies. This is not going to bring in the summer blockbuster crowd.

It should be a white Martian invasion. Martian Manhunter would come to Earth and warn Superman. Together they recruit the rest of the JL.

It'll be some alien invasion, as cliched as it is, but whatever.

Oh, yeah, I hate these alien invasions. I also dislike characters like Darkseid where they are just god-like super beings whose only motivation is conquering Earth.

Any of the ones you mention would be good (for meta humans they could have a Legion of Doom scenario). Also President Luthor could be part of the Cadmus plot if they went that direction.

The Justice League will look up and shout... SAVE US!

Nolan will whisper...NO

The Justice League doesn't need Nolan. As good as he is, he is far from being the only good director. And Both Batman and the JLA are bigger than Nolan.

Dude, if you dont like it why are u posting,

Because i was giving my opinion....

that's what Batman solo movies and Superman solo movies are for. To show their individuality. A Justice League doesnt lessen anything unless they pack each solo movie with tons of cameos, etc (like Iron Man 2). As long as they stay on track, it's the best of both worlds.

To me it doesnt. Justice League undermines Batman and Superman role . It diminishes what they represent. Batman's existence under a world dominated by superheroes its absurd. Just like Superman relevance has no purpose under the same notion.

Its very difficult to balance both , and when its done right its usually from ones perspective .

You can always decide to just...not watch the JL movie?

And who says this will be fluff? We dont know the approach the writing will take.

Hollywood tends to copy stuff. So yeah...being fluff is probably a major concern for the studio. And JLA was already created in the comics for a reason....

If ridiculous stuff like transformers and avengers are huge , i can imagine that superman and bat's together in the same style...its off the chart's.

But to me as a fan , this might hurt Snyder movie and future Batman reboots. That's why i dont like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"