Homecoming The No One Cares About This Franchise/Give the Rights Back to Marvel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are too much. I'm not putting people down , I would only be putting people down if you get personally offended when someone dislikes the last two movies, and that would be really weird. chill out folks!

I'm not attacking anyone but Sony!!! Lol!

This has been completely derailed because people can't discuss this without getting their feelings hurt.. Very strange

Can we just discuss this civilly please? Calm it down guys. I'm chill.

If Spidey joined the MCU, I'd love to see him interact with the street level heroes introduced on Netflix, I don't really want to see Spidey in an Avengers film.

Netflix would be such a prime place for MCU spidey to thrive, in that format, they could properly introduce ALL of Spideys major foes, without it feeling rushed like the villains felt in TASM2

infact, what always bothered me about the film was how old sebastian was because back in the WW2 he seemed to be way older than he is when magneto was an adult so does his mutant powers help him be eternal?

...yes. He explicitly states this.

infact, how does he even recognize magneto for so long. i believe it was established that they hadn't seen eachother for years.

Probably figured out the guy with control over metal wanting revenge was the same guy with control over metal, who he killed the mother of.

As.for netflix (or ABC series), that could work but I prefer Spidey be in his own universe. If Sony and Marvel negotiate a contract saying Marvel gets TV rights but the show can't be in The MCU, that would be great.

Let's examine this title of this thread.

1. No one care about this franchise.

That's statistically impossible and highly presumptuous.

2. Give the rights back to Marvel.

For one no company would give away something, sell the rights would've been more correct. Secondly it pre-supposes that Marvel would do a better job which is subjective

So this threads objective is to be outwardly against this movie therefore it doesn't contribute anything to the discussion of the movie at hand and therefore should be locked.

Let's examine this title of this thread.

1. No one care about this franchise.

That's statistically impossible and highly presumptuous.

2. Give the rights back to Marvel.

For one no company would give away something, sell the rights would've been more correct. Secondly it pre-supposes that Marvel would do a better job which is subjective

So this threads objective is to be outwardly against this movie therefore it doesn't contribute anything to the discussion of the movie at hand and therefore should be locked.

Report the thread then! Smh

OMG, this thread is totally for me! :up:

For the longest time I didn't mind that Spidey was owned by a different studio from Marvel because I thought he would take some of the spotlight away from the Avengers but after seeing how bad the TASM series has gotten...let it go, Sony.

Just let it go.

...yes. He explicitly states this.

oh, okay, just making sure :D

Probably figured out the guy with control over metal wanting revenge was the same guy with control over metal, who he killed the mother of.

but how did he notice him SO QUICKLY with seconds about figuring out who he is? aren't there suppose to assassins trying to kill him or something

As.for netflix (or ABC series), that could work but I prefer Spidey be in his own universe. If Sony and Marvel negotiate a contract saying Marvel gets TV rights but the show can't be in The MCU, that would be great.

yeah, the ol' web head is better off on tv than on the big screen since his mythos is so ginormous. i mean both franchises have very long and notice how most characters in the raimi films never had any development. also, notice how flash was never seen again in any of the raimi films

If Fox gets the rights, we'll see Spidey with Wolverine and Deadpool.

And I'm cool with that.

What if Fox gets the rights?

Might be better than a MS Spidey movie, or worse than a Sony movie.

Basically, we don't know if any studio could produce better Spidey films than Sony who are responsible for 2 of the greatest Spidey movies and 2 pretty good ones and have been handling Spidey for the last 14 years(?).

Fox shines the best with Sci-Fi's. Star Wars, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes series, Aliens, Avatar, and so many Sci-Fi franchises came from Fox.

That's why DOFP was awesome. It was more of a Sci-Fi X-Men film.

Fox would take a more sci-fi approach to Spider-Man.

you guys are too much. I'm not putting people down , I would only be putting people down if you get personally offended when someone dislikes the last two movies, and that would be really weird. chill out folks!

I'm not attacking anyone but Sony!!! Lol!

This has been completely derailed because people can't discuss this without getting their feelings hurt.. Very strange

Can we just discuss this civilly please? Calm it down guys. I'm chill.

okay....

If Spidey joined the MCU, I'd love to see him interact with the street level heroes introduced on Netflix, I don't really want to see Spidey in an Avengers film.

neither would i. he's better off with the street level heroes. as much as i love to see him interact with RDJ him in the avengers was never my thing when i think of spiderman and the MCU

Netflix would be such a prime place for MCU spidey to thrive, in that format, they could properly introduce ALL of Spideys major foes, without it feeling rushed like the villains felt in TASM2

and how every characters and mythos would be fully developed unlike both series.

If Fox gets the rights, we'll see Spidey with Wolverine and Deadpool.

And I'm cool with that.

Hmm that could be interesting, idk how well Spidey would fit in that Fox universe tho. But seeing Wolverine alongside Spidey? That'd be AWESOME

Does anybody want a Spidey-Wolverine team up more than a Spidey-Avengers one? Imagine Spidey sharing screen space with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine!

Spider-Man was declared an illegal mutant in the Ultimate books.

Hell Fox has the Fantastic Four too. Spidey and Human Torch we would have.

Wonder how long a thread like this would last if someone asked for Marvel to give away one of their properties :hmm

Might be better than a MS Spidey movie, or worse than a Sony movie.

Basically, we don't know if any studio could produce better Spidey films than Sony who are responsible for 2 of the greatest Spidey movies and 2 pretty good ones and have been handling Spidey for the last 14 years(?).

:up:

Sony hasn't made a good Spidey film in 12 years.

Hell 12 years after Batman & Robin, we had Begins and The Dark Knight.

Spider-Man was declared an illegal mutant in the Ultimate books.

Hell Fox has the Fantastic Four too. Spidey and Human Torch we would have.

Totally forgot about the FF!!

Ultimate+Comics+Spider-Man+7.jpg

:hubba

Sony hasn't made a good Spidey film in 12 years.

Hell 12 years after Batman & Robin, we had Begins and The Dark Knight.

Subjective. ASM was good to many.

Thats the problem with those who don't enjoy the ASM series. They think because they didn't like them that nobody does and it must be cancelled.

Does anybody want a Spidey-Wolverine team up more than a Spidey-Avengers one? Imagine Spidey sharing screen space with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine!

Yea that sounds awesome. I want Spidey in the MCU but I don't really care if he interacts that much with the greater Marvel universe, even though that'd be awesome. I want Spidey in the MCU mainly because I think that of all the studios Spidey could be at, Marvel would be best..

I can't stop dreaming of a Netflix MCU Spidey series... That's the best way to fully develop all of the best characters in Spideys world. The characters feel really underdeveloped in the last couple movies, if Spidey was on a tv format, none of those problems would exist... The budget may be a problem tho

Rises came out 15 years after Batman & Robin. My limit was 12 years.

Yea that sounds awesome. I want Spidey in the MCU but I don't really care if he interacts that much with the greater Marvel universe, even though that'd be awesome. I want Spidey in the MCU mainly because I think that of all the studios Spidey could be at, Marvel would be best..

I can't stop dreaming of a Netflix MCU Spidey series... That's the best way to fully develop all of the best characters in Spideys world. The characters feel really underdeveloped in the last couple movies, if Spidey was on a tv format, none of those problems would exist... The budget may be a problem tho

lets not forget that some of the characters in the raimi films like robbie robertson, j jonah jameson, betty brant, peter's landlord and daughter, gwen, george, and flash thompson never had that much screen time nor development well except for j jonah jameson because he has alot of moments in the films that were incredibly fun to watch :)

i also hope marvel won't put him as a teen nor make him act like one since marvel lately has this strange obsession of wanting to make him younger-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"