The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 3

As far as Damon goes, it’s high time for an In Living Color reunion special.

They had one a couple years ago. The weren't doing sketches, it was more of a "let's sit and talk and reflect on what we did" thing, but the majority of the cast was there...except Damon, lol. I think Jennifer Lopez skipped it as well.

Honestly, aside from Jim Carrey and later performers on the show like Jamie Foxx, I don't think many of the players from In Living Color are super busy, so why not do a revival? In an age when we've got so many shows from the 90s being revitalized, bring back another sketch comedy, even if it's just for a one-off.

They started working on a revival years ago (with new cast members), but it fell apart for whatever reason.

Driver killed it last night as usual. He'll be raking up those Baldwin/Walken/Hanks repeat host numbers in no time. He's a natural at this.

He really is a great host.

On another note, I must be getting old because I‘ve never even heard of this J.J. Watt person.

Oh boy. Let’s hope he’s that rare Peyton Manning and not...just about any other athlete who’s hosted.

I'm just surprised that JJ Watt is hosting before Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers seems to be cut from the same cloth as Peyton Manning with all the commercials that he's been doing. Watt has a big personality too but he hasn't been in the league as long as Rodgers has.

“Caitlin, sweetie, I bet you have plenty of washed-up, basic little friends that you cannot wait to read to filth. Am I right?”

I shrieked.

No surprise there. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any more shows this season.

My entire in box on YT is SNL. I thought it was funny that they had a cut for time segment. :funny:

They're doing another SNL At Home tonight in case anyone is interested. I had no idea they were doing it again until I saw a post on Facebook just now. I give them credit for trying since it's better than nothing but I'm all in for Weekend Update.

Their ep today is miles better than the last one. And bagging
Pitt as Fauci
was huge. Totally called it when the cold open said a message from a member of the task force. :hehe:

They've definitely stepped it up this episode.

Brought back my favorite Keenan sketch!

Complete with Jason Sudeikis' dancing man! No Lindsey Buckingham though, but that actually kinda works for that sketch, lol.

Most of the sketches were hit or miss for me. Did like the cold open with Brad Pitt though!

Last time was their first go at this so I expected it to look a little amateur but they seem to have worked out a lot of the kinks from a technical perspective. You could hardly tell the grocery store sketch with Kate and Aidy in the beginning was shot at their homes.

It will be interesting to see what SNL does when Joe Biden announces his VP choice. If it's Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren, that's not going to be a problem. If it's another white woman, also not a problem as they can fill it with Kate McKinnon, Cecily Strong, Aidy Bryant, Chloe Fineman or Heidi Gardner or former SNL alumni like Amy Poehler, Tina Fey or Kristin Wiig. If it's Susan Rice, it'll probably be Maya Rudolph, who has also played Kamala Harris. If it's someone like Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms or Congresswoman Val Demmings, it would be a great opportunity for Ego Nwodim to get an expanded role on the show (same if Nwodim played Rice). The real issues would be who would play Tammy Duckworth or Stacey Abrams on SNL? Duckworth is half Asian, so who would you cast? SNL hasn't had many Asian hosts in recent years, with the most recent one I think being Awkwafina. So would Awkwafina be the one to play Duckworth? Stacey Abrams is a woman who is thick, so naturally, Leslie Jones, but what is Jones' relationship with the show?

I'm still wondering how they gone so long without an Asian cast member.

I'm still wondering how they gone so long without an Asian cast member.

They added one this last season with Bowen Yang. He played former Democratic Candidate Bowen Yang and has played Kim Jong Un. Looking at SNL hosts the last 4-5 years, the only Asian women to have hosted are Awkwafina and Sandra Oh, so one of them may have to play Tammy Duckworth if she is chosen.

Who would play Joe Biden's VP Picks on SNL?

Kamala Harris- Maya Rudolph
Elizabeth Warren- Kate McKinnon
Susan Rice- Rudolph or Ego Nwodim
Keisha Lance Bottoms- Nwodim
Val Demmings- Nwodim
Stacey Abrams- Leslie Jones?
Any other White Woman- McKinnon, Cecily Strong, Aidy Bryant, Chloe Fineman, Heidi Gardner, Melissa Villasenor or former SNL Alumnus such as Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Kristin Wiig or Rachael Dratch
Tammy Duckworth- Awkwafina? Sandra Oh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"