The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 3

Driver will be one show away from the Five Timers Club after this.

There seemed to be a lot of Save the Last Dance fans in the audience last night, lol

These two sketches had me dying. Driver always delivers on SNL.

Driver will be one show away from the Five Timers Club after this.

he's been good in his five prior hosting experiences. Also the Five Timers Club is getting younger, with the last two (Scar Jo and Emma Stone) being born in the 1980's. Driver as well.

There seemed to be a lot of Save the Last Dance fans in the audience last night, lol

That was such a moment in time when that movie came out but is so comical if you ever revisit it.

e55bdfa50e2aba903c1eb47e2e61b4b84c8adedb.gifv

That was such a moment in time when that movie came out but is so comical if you ever revisit it.

e55bdfa50e2aba903c1eb47e2e61b4b84c8adedb.gifv
I remember it being a hit when it came out but I was surprised at the reaction on Weekend Update since I just assumed the audience was made up of mostly younger Gen Z'ers because of Olivia Rodrigo but I guess they've seen their share of dance flicks.

My soul left my body during that joke swap on Weekend Update. :skull:

A small part of me thinks the show should end with Lorne's retirement but it really shouldn't since it's an institution at this point and it's gone on without him before, albeit those weren't the best years of the show. Eddie Murphy pretty much saved the whole thing by himself in the early '80s. Tina Fey would be a solid replacement to take over. She's more than suited for it and if I had to guess she's probably Lorne's # 1 pick but if she didn't want it then it would likely go to another veteran head writer on the show. Either way it's likely that Lorne will walk away after the 50th season ends next year. It's a great number to go out on.

I could go either way on it ending with Lorne. I mean, It would make sense, but I feel like there are a number of factors that could point to the show ending in the near future regardless. Lorne’s presence or lack thereof would almost be coincidental.

I could go either way on it ending with Lorne. I mean, It would make sense, but I feel like there are a number of factors that could point to the show ending in the near future regardless. Lorne’s presence or lack thereof would almost be coincidental.
Out of curiosity, would you say that the ever-impending doom of basic cable as we know it would be one of those factors? I mean, the fact that an NFL playoff game was exclusively on Peacock was pretty alarming to me.

She could, yes. But would she really want to? I kinda can't imagine that she would.
Maybe not, but if we’re being honest, I also don’t really know what Lorne Michaels… does anymore? Like, he’s surely not still in the writers room every day, is he?

If he’s basically just a figurehead for the show, I could see Tina going for that, but in terms of really running the show when she has her own **** to do, maybe not.

Tonight's guest host was Jacob Elordi from Euphoria. Is there a new season coming up and that is why he's hosting?

Tonight's guest host was Jacob Elordi from Euphoria. Is there a new season coming up and that is why he's hosting?
Maybe he was on because of Saltburn? I don't think Euphoria is coming back until 2025.

Last edited:
Elordi was there mainly because of Saltburn's recent popularity as well as him playing Elvis in Priscilla.

He was far from the worst host the show's ever had but the "host is hot and that's the whole joke" sketches got tiring. The bowling sketch and Alaska Airlines commercial were the highlights.

Yeah, it was a weak night with not many sketches that worked.

Dakota Johnson should be better.
I definitely watched the show the first time she hosted but I can't remember anything memorable about it that stood out to me. Honestly if anyone from Madame Web is hosting I'm surprised it's Johnson and not Sydney Sweeney since they're trying to appease that younger demographic but at the very least we've got a mini Social Network reunion with her and Timberlake. I also think that since he's the musical guest we're practically guaranteed a Fallon or Samberg cameo, with Fallon being likelier since he's in the same building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"