The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lego Ant Man:

52583c5c87684.jpg

I'd be totally all good with either, but man... I really, really dig the idea of Paul Rudd as this Ant-Man. I'm already salivating over the thought of Rudd sharing scenes with RDJ and Mark Ruffalo.

*dying*

I always though Paul Rudd was one of the odder fan-castings for Ant-Man so I'm kinda surprised to see his name here. I think he's hilarious and likeable so I'm definitely down if he's on board, just wouldn't have expected it. JGL is also an interesting choice; I remember his name coming up for Star-Lord a while back, so if that was true, I suppose Marvel really liked him on a personal/professional level. He'd be a good draw too.

Marvel and Wright could go any direction with his character, so it's tough to gauge who would be best in the role at this point.

Marvel hasn't missed a casting yet, IMO. If they strike the JGL irons while he's hot, awesome! If they get Paul Rudd? Amazing!

I wasn't sure whether Ant-Man would be a property that could attract either actor, especially JGL. But Marvel's really moved up in Hollywood as a bonafide franchise creator and it is an Edgar Wright project.

Paul Rudd is my choice from the two. I like JGL, but I think the idea of Rudd playing the role is kind of genius.

Paul Rudd is a very interesting choice. I like it.

Paul Rudd really goes along with Marvel's idea of WTFBBQ casting; finding talented actors who can do both comedy and drama and who aren't widely considered as potentials for comic book franchises. Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving and Idris Elba excepted, of course.

I'd rather see Paul Rudd, because he's such a likable actor and he'd be an inspired choice for sure!

Wasn't Rudd rumored earlier in the year when he was spotted with the Avengers cast?

Either way, I'm good with the choice. Rudd is my Hollywood man-crush, so here's hoping that if JGL gets cast as the lead, Rudd takes the second spot (assuming a Lang/Pym tandem in the movie).

Wasn't Rudd rumored earlier in the year when he was spotted with the Avengers cast?

Either way, I'm good with the choice. Rudd is my Hollywood man-crush, so here's hoping that if JGL gets cast as the lead, Rudd takes the second spot (assuming a Lang/Pym tandem in the movie).

Yep he was. Personally they should go with him.:woot: JGL could be awesome too.

Notice the article didn't say they were in the running for the same role. While the writers might not know it themselves, I think one is meant to be Hank Pym (Paul Rudd) and the other is meant to be Scott Lang (JGL) which is why there's such a big difference in age...OR Rudd is the older Hank Pym and JGL is the younger Hank Pym.

That would be one helluva casting marvel (hehehe!!) with Rudd and JGL as two Ant-Men.

Is Janet supposed to be in this? Because, damn... I really hope she is. And they can cast a saucy Asian actress to play her. She can be Ultimate Jan but with the 616 personality.

both actors would be good gets. but i'll save my celebration for the scott lang casting.

Both would be great. Hoping for Rudd though.

That would be one helluva casting marvel (hehehe!!) with Rudd and JGL as two Ant-Men.

Is Janet supposed to be in this? Because, damn... I really hope she is. And they can cast a saucy Asian actress to play her. She can be Ultimate Jan but with the 616 personality.

A few thoughts:

- I like Paul Rudd. It seems that out of all of the Apatow People that have been mentioned on this message board, Rudd is the one most like or tolerate.
- He would already be in a Superhero movie that is better than Seth Rogen's failed attempt at Green Hornet.
- The possibility of Brian Fantana + Kirk Lazarus + Rocket Raccoon = Win!
- Can't go wrong with JGL either.
- Saucy Asian actress for Janet. Hmmm....Lucy Liu would not be available, I don't know about Kelly Hu. I heard that Devon Aoki is no longer acting so...

Jamie Chung? Or do they go out of the box and cast Freida Pinto as Janet?

Wright said Wasp would be introduced in a roundabout way. So she'll be in the film, but I'm not sure how big a role she has. Roundabout implies a small role, but he could just be talking about the Wasp superhero and not Janet herself.

I wouldn't mind them casting the girl from Pacific Rim as Jan lol.

A few thoughts:

- I like Paul Rudd. It seems that out of all of the Apatow People that have been mentioned on this message board, Rudd is the one most like or tolerate.
- He would already be in a Superhero movie that is better than Seth Rogen's failed attempt at Green Hornet.
- The possibility of Brian Fantana + Kirk Lazarus + Rocket Raccoon = Win!
- Can't go wrong with JGL either.
- Saucy Asian actress for Janet. Hmmm....Lucy Liu would not be available, I don't know about Kelly Hu. I heard that Devon Aoki is no longer acting so...

Jamie Chung? Or do they go out of the box and cast Freida Pinto as Janet?

On Twitter and blogs, I'm seeing way more support for Rudd over JGL. I kind of think JGL, as talented as he is, is reaching saturation point for a lot of people, me included. Not nearly as bad as James Franco, but... yeah.

OOOH! Seth Rogan for Eric O'Grady! JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!

Liu would be great, if slightly predictable for an Asian Janet. Hmmm... I'll throw out Mindy Kaling because I've got a massive crush on her and The Mindy Project is my favorite thing ever, but I could see tons of fanboys heads exploding over her.

Though the thought of Mindy and Paul Rudd together in an Edgar Wright movie makes me feel like I'm on a flying unicorn riding a rainbow to a pot of leprechaun gold. I admit to preferring more comedy (with a darker streak) in my CBMs than probably most users on here.

I wouldn't mind them casting the girl from Pacific Rim as Jan lol.

She would have to drop the accent. Jamie Chung is my first choice for Ultimate Janet followed by Lucy Liu and Frieda Pinto.

On Twitter and blogs, I'm seeing way more support for Rudd over JGL. I kind of think JGL, as talented as he is, is reaching saturation point for a lot of people, me included. Not nearly as bad as James Franco, but... yeah.

OOOH! Seth Rogan for Eric O'Grady! JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!

Liu would be great, if slightly predictable for an Asian Janet. Hmmm... I'll throw out Mindy Kaling because I've got a massive crush on her and The Mindy Project is my favorite thing ever, but I could see tons of fanboys heads exploding over her.

Though the thought of Mindy and Paul Rudd together in an Edgar Wright movie makes me feel like I'm on a flying unicorn riding a rainbow to a pot of leprechaun gold. I admit to preferring more comedy (with a darker streak) in my CBMs than probably most users on here.

Mindy Kaling as Asian Janet? I don't know, I picture her as more of a Darcy Lewis type.

She would have to drop the accent. Jamie Chung is my first choice for Ultimate Janet followed by Lucy Liu and Frieda Pinto.

I just looked up Sandra Oh. If not Lucy Liu, who would be great, or Pinto, who I think might be a little young for Jan, why not Oh? She's in her early 40's, but looks like she could play 30's easily. She's gorgeous, hilarious, does great with all different material. Plus she fits Marvel's out-of-the-box surprise casting.

Mindy Kaling as Asian Janet? I don't know, I picture her as more of a Darcy Lewis type.

I love that type though. I think Kat D. would've made a great Jan, if Marvel was wanting an Avengers: EMH type for Wasp in the film. So Mindy Kaling makes sense for me :cwink:

I just looked up Sandra Oh. If not Lucy Liu, who would be great, or Pinto, who I think might be a little young for Jan, why not Oh? She's in her early 40's, but looks like she could play 30's easily. She's gorgeous, hilarious, does great with all different material. Plus she fits Marvel's out-of-the-box surprise casting.

If they go with Rudd and an Asian Janet, Liu and Oh would be fits. If it's JGL, then Pinto and Chung.

Now if they go the regular route with Janet, my choices are Olivia Wilde and Emily Blunt.

I want the regular 616 Janet. That's the one I grew up with and has been around for decades. Ultimate Jan is only a relatively recent thing. I want to see the classic version who is an heiress and socialite, and the Marvel equivalent of Jackie Kennedy.

Definitely wouldn't want Lucy Liu if they did go Ultimate. She seems too old for the role. Jan was always younger. I don't find Liu all that attractive anyway.

I think Marvel already know who their Ant-Man is. They known for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"