The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl who looks like Katy Perry whose name I can never remember because she looks like Katy Perry? Ehhh

I'm all for Joesph Gordon Levitt being Ant-Man, not so sure about Paul Rudd, I see him as more of the goofball from Anchorman, 40 year old virgin etc.

Gonna need some convincing that Rudd can do serious.

Of the two I prefer Paul Rudd as Hank. If they do Scott Lang I'd be fine with JGL doing that. Otherwise it makes no nevermind to me as neither was my first or second choices.

I'm all for Joesph Gordon Levitt being Ant-Man, not so sure about Paul Rudd, I see him as more of the goofball from Anchorman, 40 year old virgin etc.

Try The Perks of Being a Wallflower? Idk. Might help you see it.

He's not in a hell of a lot of serious roles youre right.

The girl who looks like Katy Perry whose name I can never remember because she looks like Katy Perry? Ehhh

Zooey Deschanel.
She's always been my top choice for Janet, but I'd *really* prefer they go with Asian-American Jan before the Avengers become *too* much more whitebread than their comic book counterparts (RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, Johansson, Renner, Taylor-Johnson, Olson, and Rudd/JGL; while the studio and a good chunk of fandom still resists the idea of bringing in any of the black Avengers who isn't named T'challa --- looking squarely at Cheadle and Mackie here).

The way things are looking right now we will be lucky if either Ant-Man or Wasp are Avengers or show up in any future Avengers movies.

The way things are looking right now we will be lucky if either Ant-Man or Wasp are Avengers or show up in any future Avengers movies.

I hate to be a pessimist about it, but yeah, at this point, I have to agree with you. :csad:

I would *die* so much if they cast someone like Rashida Jones as Janet, OMG! I've loved her for ages.

I'm desperate to get an Asian actress into the MCU though, but really, desperate for any WOC or Lead character of color into these movies. They are painfully white, and while I understand that it is because Marvel's focused on bringing their Silver Age characters to the big screen, created at a time when everything was so WHITE WHITE WHITE, they do have several opportunities to rectify this and cast great actors and they shouldn't feel like they need to hew so closely to racial/gender depictions from the comics.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made Janet African-American. Kerry Washington immediately comes to mind as an actress I want to see pop up in the MCU.

Well, if you want to count AOS, Ming-Na is Asian and one of the other actresses is half-Asian. I'd kind of like to see Asian Janet to. You could easily just combine aspects of her 616 and Ultimate versions.

I would *die* so much if they cast someone like Rashida Jones as Janet, OMG! I've loved her for ages.

I'm desperate to get an Asian actress into the MCU though, but really, desperate for any WOC or Lead character of color into these movies. They are painfully white, and while I understand that it is because Marvel's focused on bringing their Silver Age characters to the big screen, created at a time when everything was so WHITE WHITE WHITE, they do have several opportunities to rectify this and cast great actors and they shouldn't feel like they need to hew so closely to racial/gender depictions from the comics.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made Janet African-American. Kerry Washington immediately comes to mind as an actress I want to see pop up in the MCU.

^This

Things are much too white in Avengers.

^This

Things are much too white in Avengers.

Yeah. I don't really like the optics of Marvel continuing to put actors of color in supporting roles for the moment. I want leads, gorrammit!! Although I do love how these supporting characters are being developed though, just like the female characters in the MCU. It sucks that we don't have a female-led film yet (and I think Jan Van Dyne could be a lead easily!) but I do have to commend that Marvel's made their female characters more than just the love interests in their films. But stll, we have a ways to go, for both characters of color and female heroes. And don't even get me started on female heroes of color! UGH!!

So I'm rooting for a non-white Jan. Hey! Someone get Nicole Beharie on the line. She'd be good too.

Loki882 I kind of count AOS and if Ming-Na wasn't already Melinda May, I'd be suggesting her for Jan as well, because she's so crazily kickass and gorgeous and a great actress. Same goes for Chloe Bennett. But, to be real, the movies are what everyone focuses on with issues of diversity and gender depictions, so... yeah.

Edgar has said Ant-Man is a standalone movie within the Marvel universe and that it is a swan song for character (probably pym) although he says the film leaves things slightly open to continue in future movies.

Edgar has always been pretty vague about Janet. If she is in the movie I think her role won't be very big. Edgar says Ant-Man is primarily about Pym and Lang.

Wright has already said Marvel has plans to tie Ant-Man into their future films after Wright's film.

The more I think about it, the more I like the thought of Freida Pinto as Janet.

JGL just shot down the rumor that he's being considered. Called it a bunch of lies.

Um he just said earlier today they were in discussions. >.>

Same here, Rudd is always Rudd in everything I've seen him in. I like him, but not for this. I'd much prefer JGL if it's between those two. Still hoping for McGregor though.

:oldrazz:
iloveyoumanpic14.jpg

i-love-you-man.jpg

rashida-jones-in-our-idiot-brother.jpg

Yeah. I don't really like the optics of Marvel continuing to put actors of color in supporting roles for the moment. I want leads, gorrammit!! Although I do love how these supporting characters are being developed though, just like the female characters in the MCU. It sucks that we don't have a female-led film yet (and I think Jan Van Dyne could be a lead easily!) but I do have to commend that Marvel's made their female characters more than just the love interests in their films. But stll, we have a ways to go, for both characters of color and female heroes. And don't even get me started on female heroes of color! UGH!!

So I'm rooting for a non-white Jan. Hey! Someone get Nicole Beharie on the line. She'd be good too.

Loki882 I kind of count AOS and if Ming-Na wasn't already Melinda May, I'd be suggesting her for Jan as well, because she's so crazily kickass and gorgeous and a great actress. Same goes for Chloe Bennett. But, to be real, the movies are what everyone focuses on with issues of diversity and gender depictions, so... yeah.

I can understand with Chloe Bennett, but Ming Na is 50 years old. I don't want such an old Janet when she's meant to be the young and spunky chick of the group. Chloe's personality in AoS is more similar to Janet. Ming Na in anything she has played in is not.

JGL just shot down the rumor that he's being considered. Called it a bunch of lies.

Not quite.

"There is always a lot of rumors around these projects and so far it is still only discussions," Gordon-Levitt said. "I am always very transparent when it comes to my role and my career. I'm Usually the first to speak and communicate with my fans if something happens. If you hear nothing from me, they are just rumors."

So by his own admission, they *are* in discussions right now.

I really hope Rudd = Pym JGL = Lang is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"