The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 9

I still laugh thinking about the moment the clouds clear up and Lang sees he's storming the Avengers base. "You son of a b......" lolololol

Just wish Marvel had kept that cameo under wraps so that it could have been a surprise.

Yeah that was a great scene even though marketing ruined the surprise. As soon as I saw the Avengers logo, I was so thrilled and glad to see a great interaction between Ant-Man and Falcon. It was more than I expected. ;)

Same here, loved it, and I thought the links to the wider MCU were a factor in that, of course I enjoyed the movie in its own right but they helped. I think Ant Man is now the character I am looking forward to most in CW.

:up:

It was a surprise to me, as I avoided most of the marketing and trailers. So it was cool to see that scene.
Same here

I knew about the Falcon cameo, butdidnt expect to see the new Avengers base, especially right after AOU

Also:

CVbqdUS.jpg

Yes. Let's all have a moment of silence for him. That came out of nowhere and Paul Ru.. I mean Scott Lang was pissed.

Definitely, it was actually a really sad moment in the movie for me when Anthony died, have loved Ants since watching Honey I Shrunk The Kids when I was a child, cried my eyes out when the Ant died in that.

In the theatre now waiting for the lights to go down and the movie to start. FINALLY going to see this thing!

:) Glad to see Ant-Man is getting some love. I've seen comments from people on Facebook saying its terrible. Well I dunno what movie they watched. and Like some have said, Ant-Man fits quite comfortably in the MCU :) Well done Marvel :up:

Almost all movie goers (which the typical few exceptions.....) have nothing but praise for it and with good reason. Entertaining, different, and yet still fits comfortably in the MCU. Great work all around. Now, please, bring on Giant-Man!!!

I finally see this on Sat!

I finally see this on Sat!

I think you need to change your name from Iceman to Glacier......slooooooooow........

EDIT: I think you're going to love it.

I think you need to change your name from Iceman to Glacier......slooooooooow........

EDIT: I think you're going to love it.
Probably fair in this case! And I quite like that name anyway haha. Really looking forward to seeing the film. Taking my sis for her birthday.

Probably fair in this case! And I quite like that name anyway haha. Really looking forward to seeing the film. Taking my sis for her birthday.

Awesome. Have a great time and wish her a happy birthday from someone neither of you have ever met. :woot:

I saw it opening day. Then talked my wife into going and then my mom. Now my son wants to go see it because his mom liked it. Word is getting around in my neck of the woods.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie 3 times before.

Welp, finally have the time to see this in a couple hours. Looking forward to it.:atm:

Hope all the people seeing it today enjoy it as much as did, have fun everyone, going to see this again next week if I get the time.

So people are still yet to watch the film, now I feel bad about not using spoiler tags. Sorry guys, I thought I was the last person to watch it because I usually don't have time to see movies on the opening week.

Definitely, it was actually a really sad moment in the movie for me when Anthony died, have loved Ants since watching Honey I Shrunk The Kids when I was a child, cried my eyes out when the Ant died in that.

Agreed. HIStK, Ant Z are movies that reinforced my fear of stepping on ants. Even if I did it accidentally, I feel bad about it for an hour. :csad:

Saw it for the third time yesterday. Took my sister. She loved it.

So who loses an arm or a hand in this movie to fit with the Phase 2 theme? I can't remember anyone.

So who loses an arm or a hand in this movie to fit with the Phase 2 theme? I can't remember anyone.
I think that...
Cross at the end is probably the one that mostly fits... after Scott screws up the regulator on the yellow jacket armor and Cross starts shrinking a body part at a time, one of his arms is among the first to go.

It's possible that the shot of Ant-ony's fluttering wing upon his death could be considered a second example.

-Aldrich Killian loses and arm in IM3.
-Thor gets his arm cut off by Loki in TDW (although it's of course an illusion).
-Winter Soldier of course has his cybernetic arm (and we see him lose his real one in a flashback).
-Gamora cuts off Groot's arm with her sword at one point in GOTG (it grows back).
-Ultron accidently rips off Ulysses Klaw's arm in AOU.

-Aldrich Killian loses and arm in IM3.
-Thor gets his arm cut off by Loki in TDW (although it's of course an illusion).
-Winter Soldier of course has his cybernetic arm (and we see him lose his real one in a flashback).
-Gamora cuts off Groot's arm with her sword at one point in GOTG (it grows back).
-Ultron accidently rips off Ulysses Klaw's arm in AOU.
Nebula also cuts off her own hand at the end of GotG (so GotG has two examples)

Then you have Agents of SHIELD, [blackout]Hartley loses her arm in the season 2 premiere and Coulson in the season 2 finale[/blackout]... arms/hands were probably lost during season 1 as well (maybe Deathlok?)

Daredevil season 1 [blackout]Stick cuts off a guys hand at the beginning of the episode he's in[/blackout]

Don't recall Agent Carter having any lost hands though (though ultimately, the tv shows kind of float outside the Phase bubbles so can probably be forgiven for not always following)

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Good lord, Marvel could give Star Wars a run for it's money in the "obsession with dismemberment" department.

Don't forget Malekith's hand as well. It gets teleported to another dimension if I remember correctly.

So people are still yet to watch the film, now I feel bad about not using spoiler tags. Sorry guys, I thought I was the last person to watch it because I usually don't have time to see movies on the opening week.

Agreed. HIStK, Ant Z are movies that reinforced my fear of stepping on ants. Even if I did it accidentally, I feel bad about it for an hour. :csad:

Yep, always loved Ants since HIStK and so I pretty much knew I would enjoy this, they did a great job with the Ants in this though and I was really sad when something happened to a main one. :csad:

And yeah I thought I was late in the game seeing this, seems thats not the case.

Yep, always loved Ants since HIStK and so I pretty much knew I would enjoy this, they did a great job with the Ants in this though....

Yeah I was totally surprised to see the Ants doing a lot in the film. They even used the different types of ants to their advantage. These clever little things were a blast to watch. :woot:

One thing though:
When he practices hanging out with the ants under the ground, he unshrinks when he gets scared, did he kill all those ants in the process? I was thinking about that for a whole minute during the movie.

I hate it to step on tiny animals and insects. :(

Me too. Whenever we have a spider in the house or some kind of bug, my wife calls me and I go over and pick it up and take it outside. Even when we get flies, I try to herd them to an open window with a screen, shut the window almost all the way and then crack the screen until they fly away. If a fly, however, is insistent on not cooperating, it gets the Ant-Man disco dance floor treatment (for those of you who have seen it) because I don't like them landing on stuff in the house. If you ever want to get sick check out a close up of a fly eating and so forth.

Yellowjackets. Hate yellowjackets. I was in the underbrush when I lived in the mountains up in Oregon when I was about 12 years old, hit a nest, and was bitten/stung over 50 times. Nasssty things. Hates them forever, gollum.....kills them I do, my precious. Yes, kills them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"