The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the movie again, and aside from these flaws:
  • Bob telling the goons to check the wallet of Batman before they say "He's human after all"
  • Batman locking on Joker in the Gotham parade but no bullet nor rocket from the Bat-Plane hitting Joker
It's still the best Batman movie, and my favorite movie of all times

Read plenty of fans nitpicking Batman killing Joker at the end, as I watch the scene it seems like Batman didn't want Joker to get away rather than actually killing him as he said he would, Joker being persistent to hang to the ladder is what truly killed him

I watched the movie again, and aside from these flaws:
  • Bob telling the goons to check the wallet of Batman before they say "He's human after all"
  • Batman locking on Joker in the Gotham parade but no bullet nor rocket from the Bat-Plane hitting Joker
It's still the best Batman movie, and my favorite movie of all times

Read plenty of fans nitpicking Batman killing Joker at the end, as I watch the scene it seems like Batman didn't want Joker to get away rather than actually killing him as he said he would, Joker being persistent to hang to the ladder is what truly killed him

How is that a flaw?

Yeah, it was just a slang for saying "take a closer look at him"

Yeah, it was just a slang for saying "take a closer look at him"
I'm not acquainted enough with slang, thanks for the info

Been thinking about Joker's origin here, it would have made one of the goofiest movie villains origin ever if they incorporated Jack's origin from "The Killing Joke" where he's not so much of a bad guy, and a real good thing they reused this origin in B:TAS

Love Batman not having an origin story in this movie, of all the Batman comics I read up until Jan 1990, nothing had a respectable reason to have him choose bat as his symbol, a bat flying by the window is too corny, this is another thing B:TAS did right with "Mask of the Phantasm", at least before the release of "Batman Begins" it was the only good reason to choose bats for a symbol

The "check his wallet" line cracks me the **** up. Was that suppose to be serious or comedic? Because either way, I always laugh at it.

The only flaw with B89 is that it wasn't a thousand hours long.

The only flaw with B89 is that it wasn't a thousand hours long.

cp9268_Bear%20Clap.gif

Joker's one shot to the Batplane making it crash.

Everyone forgets how small the Batplane really was... it fit inbetween the city buildings. Also that gun the Joker had was clearly modified, it practically explodes when he fires it... so it was definitely some kind of heavy round, not just a 22 caliber or something.

It was. It explodes with the impact. The comic adaptation explains it clearer

panel3.png

Keaton looking like a boss as usual.

The whole "check his wallet" line seems funny to because it's something a low-life thug like Bob would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"