The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Yeah Returns has much more of Burton's DNA in it. In Batman '89 he was under some studio constraint creatively. For instance he hates having Prince songs in the movie.

2. shauner111 Registered

Ill say this Milost. Ill watch it again and ill read those interviews you mentioned, because i havent. And it all might make me see those scenes in a different way. If i end up feeling like it makes more sense then ill tell you that you're right. I have no problem doing that.

I do know that Burton finds his first movie to be boring and without substance. I dont think it's boring at all. They're both entertaining movies. If there is any substance i find that it's in 89 and not Batman Returns. So again, me and Mr. Burton disagree lol. If there's some substance it's down to a couple of tiny scenes between Bruce and Alfred or when he visits the site when his parents were killed. But they're so quick that i can't really call the movie a film about substance. It's how i view Man Of Steel. Really enjoyed the movie. There are a couple of really quick scenes that show some substance or weight, but they vanish and so i mainly look at MOS as a popcorn sci-fi/superhero movie. Of course im not comparing, as i think there's so much more creativity with the Burton visuals.

3. Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]472849[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.