The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
9av9jb.jpg

I love this picture!

^ Holy crap! That's awesome Reevz... thanks for sharing!

It's a seldom talked about aspect of the costume, but the sculpting on the arms really made him look bulky and downright powerful.

It definitely did, at no point during the film did I feel that he looked too small, he always looked imposing to me, because of what the suit really added.

There's just so many pitch-perfect aspects to the B89 costume.

The muscle sculpt, the leathery, batwing-esque cape texture, the dull, almost concrete-looking texture of the cowl, how the cowl and cape were connected...it was all brilliant. And I don't think any subsequent costumer was ever able to grasp the artistic complexity of that original suit.

There's just so many pitch-perfect aspects to the B89 costume.

The muscle sculpt, the leathery, batwing-esque cape texture, the dull, almost concrete-looking texture of the cowl, how the cowl and cape were connected...it was all brilliant. And I don't think any subsequent costumer was ever able to grasp the artistic complexity of that original suit.

True.

I truly think B89 is one of the best - and most under-appreciated - movies of all time. Sure, the script had some weak points (mainly plotting), but in terms of pretty much every other technical aspect, it is by far one of the most perfectly crafted movies I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of movies.

l_p1011472090.jpg

batman1989.jpg

Compare and contrast:

Now say for instance that the musculature on this suit was real and not rubber (Yes I know Keaton had never been that muscular) but in vein of the new MOS Cavill suit, do you think people would complain just as much about it?

I was watching Batman again today, and my sister pointed out something really odd..

My father had an uncanny resemblance to Jack Nicholson - which I had always realized. His hairline, head shape, eyebrows, eyes, jawline, and cheekbones are all nearly identical

But the thing that my sister pointed out that is really strange is, at the time of B89's release, my mother very much had the same style and look as Vicki Vale; from her hairstyle, to glasses, to choice of clothing, etc.

So, it's possibly that - as a toddler - the film appealed to me on a familial level.

I will now forever think of CConn as Danny Torrance.

:up:

I actually look a lot more like my uncle then my dad. :o

Keaton always looked the best with the cowl

Actually he was, in Desperate Measures
keatonphysique.JPG

0.jpg

Bit of a shame he put that dedication into getting a bit shredded for a role in a movie that was terrible. I suppose he felt the suit would do his job on Batman. But still would have been awesome to see him in that shape playing Batman. Given more time i'm sure he could have added some more bulk and muscle. But it's like Marion Marion Dougherty said.. "It was the eye's that got Michael the job" and very much of that is true. He'll always be my favorite anyhow.

I liked that movie. I didn't think it was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"