The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

My 4K copy arrived.

jienh5u.jpg

tumblr_inline_prva7m31tW1rq6t6n_400.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Does Mask of the Phantasm have a steelbook? Feels like that's the last one you'd need!
Yes there is a steelbook and it has the same cover.

Speaking of which Mondo is releasing the phantasm figure today. Looks pretty cool.

''I'm here to clean your clock, Fugate!''. Man, Conroy was great at delivering those types of lines. He definitely had a few corny lines in B:TAS, but he always sold them and made them work.

''I'm here to clean your clock, Fugate!''. Man, Conroy was great at delivering those types of lines. He definitely had a few corny lines in B:TAS, but he always sold them and made them work.
When you think of some of the scenes he did, he really was an excellent voice actor. Just thinking about that scene is MOTP at the cemetery. That could have easily come off as cheesy but he did make it work.

I’d literally crawl on broken glass to get a new printing. I neeeed…

I’d literally crawl on broken glass to get a new printing. I neeeed…

I regularly see this book on the second-hand market. Whether it's the American or French version (which is a carbon copy of the original), the price is almost always ridiculously high...
By chance, I was able to acquire it for something like 10 bucks three or four years ago on Ebay... :oldrazz:

Since we just had an Omnibus for Batman Adventures, it doesn't seem too far-fetched to me to eventually see a reprint of Batman : Animated at some point.
Why not even an expanded edition, as there is easily accessible material online, such as the show's "bible", that would make some nice additions...
Maybe when we get closer to the release of Caped Crusader... We'll see !

Apparently no luck on a reprint...

As always, I appreciate how much this book is loved, as I so loved putting it together. BUT: reprinting it is both legally and logistically impossible it came out in 1998, published by HarperCollins, and since then they lost the files and the printing films. And also the rights. - Chip Kidd

Nothing stopping them from doing a whole new making of book though.

Apparently no luck on a reprint...

Nothing stopping them from doing a whole new making of book though.
Didn't know that the original files had been lost. So that explains the high price of the remaining copies...

Also hoping for a new book. I would love a proper artbook, with the model sheets but also a load of painted backgrounds, storyboards, etc.
There is currently a simply incredible collection of books around Katsuhiro Ōtomo, "Complete Work", with several volumes devoted to the film adaptation of Akira.
The material in it is completely insane.

I can only dream of something like this dedicated to BTAS.

I wore these VHS tapes OUT as a kid. Nostalgia rush just looking at them.

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

I started to get the mondo figures after holding off but now I can't find the Mr. freeze figure anywhere.

I hope they continue the line because they are really cool looking.

As far as Christmas viewing, Christmas with the Joker is the logical choice. But what episodes (if any) do people here like to watch for Halloween? Over the Edge? Dreams in Darkness? The dreaded I've Got Batman in my Basement? :whoops: The Poison Ivy episodes always gave me a bit of a shudder when I was a kid, e.g., Eternal Youth with its petrified health spa patrons. Or House and Garden especially with her plant/clone progeny. The show did some pretty spooky work with her character.

Conroy once said if he was auditioning for the role of Batman today, he would never have gotten the part. Looking at recent Batman castings, I can't help but think that is true.

B:B&TB/Harley Quinn: Diedrich Bader
Tomorrow-verse: Jensen Ackles
Injustice: Anson Mount
Batwheels: Ethan Hawke
Merry Little Batman/Bat-Family: Luke Wilson
Batman: Caped Crusader: ?

Even strictly voice actors like Roger Craig Smith/Troy Baker who dabble in the role these days had an extensive VO resume and connections in the industry prior to casting. And even if the names listed above are not A-list in the broad sense of the word, they are still more than established and recognisable. You just know the producers were saying, ''Get me a name, but within our price range''.

Conroy was a theatre actor, with sporadic (at best) success on television and no prior connections/name recognition. Only brought in to read after an extensive search and a desperate plea from Romano. Can't help but think fate played a hand in that one.

Let's hope they cast a very wide net for Batman: Caped Crusader because, as the spiritual successor to B:TAS, whoever is standing behind the mic has an enormous shadow and a defining legacy behind him.

The thing about Kevin is that when he was younger... he could have easily have played Batman in live action. He had the look and height and the build and the stage presence. Everything you would want in an actor if you were casting a live action Batman movie today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"