The Official Batman and The Outsiders thread

ww.jpg

I wanted Jay to win, even though there didn't seem to be much difference between him and the DCU Jay.

Unless you count the ability to have an arm in your head and not die an ability.

His body probably auto-adjusted to instinctively. He can vibrate his molecules too, after all.

I think he was younger than the New Earth Jay. Isn't Earth-2 supposed to be all the older heroes in their primes, along with Batman and Superman?

The Red Rain vampire won, but the Gaslight Batman is now a vampire as well.

The other Batman's stuck in a stasis field or something, but he's still alive too. Gaslight Bats is trying to find a way to free all the people who lost their matches but survived right now.

I'm pretty sure it's [blackout]Liberty Files Batman that is a vampire[/blackout]

Yeah, it is. I think McDaniel screwed up the art in one of the two issues, because I remember Gaslight Batman getting bitten, not Liberty Files Batman.

There were some panels were I couldn't tell the two apart.

Yeah I'm having trouble telling them apart too.

The Bat (from Liberty Files) is easily the best looking Batman. :up:

Did "our" Batman compete? (the current continuity version)..

Nah, none of the New Earth characters are involved except (ostensibly) New Earth's Captain Atom as the Monarch. The combatants are all from the other 52 Earths.

Oh ok, thanks. I might pick this up but MAN, i am so broke from the holidays, lol....:woot:

Eh, it's only really worth it if you're into the novelty of seeing alternate versions of the same character beat on each other. The story's pretty boring and there's still no reason given as to why Captain Atom suddenly turned evil and became the Monarch.

ANd Breach, dont forget breach.

where did he go to after IC? the earth where todd, kyle and donna are in the jla?

He died in Infinite Crisis. Exploded, remember? There's a new Breach from Earth-8 (Lord Havok and the Extremists' Earth), but he's technically not the same character as the pre-IC Breach.

These "non metas" need to get better freaking costumes or equipment. This so called realism with the scarring is getting stupid. If they injure THAT easily maybe its best to retire. Or get writers not so fixated on body mutilations. And spare us the warrior/stripes thing...that don't cut it.

These "non metas" need to get better freaking costumes or equipment. This so called realism with the scarring is getting stupid. If they injure THAT easily maybe its best to retire. Or get writers not so fixated on body mutilations. And spare us the warrior/stripes thing...that don't cut it.

Actually it makes sense for Cassandra to have all those scars, even with the Batgirl outfit. She had brutal training from her father, think of the brutal fights she got in with Lady Shiva, or the time she got shot by Robin (the bullet went through the costume), or when she got killed by Mad Dog.

Yep, a street fighter would be scarred like that. That was one of my favorite parts of the Daredevil movie, when he took his costume off and was riddled with scars. THAT kind of realism I don't mind.

Technically, the time she got killed by Mad Dog should've undone all the scars. Lazarus Pits resurrect and rejuvenate, don't they? They're like a moisturizing cream that cosmetic companies would kill for. Ironically.

random bump

January's issue (and another team shakeup/jump on point)
bmout_sp_cv1.jpg

I see Black Lightning, Geo Force, and Metamorpho for sure. (Hope BL isnt off JLA though). Maybe Katana in upper right corner.

And down in the bottom definitely looks like The Creeper :up:

I feel like Batman might be dropped from the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"