The Official Batman Comic Thread

After reading it all I can say is....wow, that was different. I enjoyed it, a lot BUT I can honestly say I don't want to see a comic written this way again. It's sort of a "once in a lifetime" type of thing.

Morrison pulled it off, and pulled it off well. I don't ever want him leaving Batman....until Loeb returns to DC that is. :p

After reading it all I can say is....wow, that was different. I enjoyed it, a lot BUT I can honestly say I don't want to see a comic written this way again. It's sort of a "once in a lifetime" type of thing.

Morrison pulled it off, and pulled it off well. I don't ever want him leaving Batman....until Loeb returns to DC that is. :p
I liked this issue, Simply becasue I have alway liked morrisons treatment of the Joker. But over all I haven't been to big on Morrisons run. That whole damian arc was not to my tastes. I really liked his hadnling of batman in JLA better.

Just read it and it more than made up for the 4 issue fill in. Another great Morrison Batman issue.

Solicitation for #667:

BM_Cv667_solicit.jpg
BATMAN #667
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by J.H. Williams III
The Batmen of All Nations reunite for a weekend of fine food and nostalgia, but an unexpected visitor has other plans for the gathering. Batman, Robin, and the rest of the Club of Heroes find themselves trapped and at the mercy of a dangerous madman on the Island of Mister Mayhew!
On sale June 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

I like the Silver Age elements Morrison is bringing to this book. And I (finally) got #663 yesterday, and I liked it. The art was pretty good for the most part, but could've been better.

nite-owl said:
Has issue 664 came out yet?

Not yet. I'm not even sure when it is supposed to come out.

That looks great, been waiting for that story ever since Morrison teased about it.

It was scheduled for last week, but obviously that didn't happen. One site has it listed for 3/28...which is pretty believable to me.

yea i thought it was pretty cool

the big guy reminded me of Bane, but i thought him and Batman made peace?? :huh:

Poor Batman got his head stomped. Not like a little bit stomped but STOMPED! :D

It ended a little abruptly, but other than that, I really liked it. The Bruce scenes were great, and I'm growing to love Kubert's style more and more. Morrison certainly is introducing some crazy concepts, but I can handle it.

Me, too. I've always loved his stuff. :D I really enjoyed this issue much more than the last one.

# 664 was a pretty solid issue. I think I'm starting to get into the groove of Morrison's vibe for the book. That ending was freakin' crazy though...Batman will definitely be having some serious Bane flashbacks.

Morrison has confirmed something that I've believed for awhile: Bruce Wayne is cooler than James Bond.

Morrison has confirmed something that I've believed for awhile: Bruce Wayne is cooler than James Bond.

True dat...I get the sense Morrison is merging the personas of Bruce and Batman (which is how it should have been in the first place). He needs to be in stupid, hopeless love with somebody that gets under his skin. At least here is an opportunity to see the flesh under the skin, not just the suit and psychobabble attitude.

That seven day hitch in the caves must have done wonders. :woot:

I just got it today. I love Kubert's Batman, it feels like Batman again. It's somewhat like reading an issue from the seventies, the cover reminded me of Neal Adams, plus it was cool that Joe did it with his son.

Kubert's style is classic Batman.

I loved Bruce saying he was cooler than Bond, I like Bond but I love Batman.

Morrison is doing a good job too, I think.

And was that guy at the end suppose to be Bane? Or a Bane wannabe' dressed up like half Bats half Bane?

Either way, cool!

I'm so glad Kubert is back, the last few things sucked without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"