Batman Returns The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 4

When McFarlane eventually gets around to doing Burton figures, I kind of hope he does Christopher Walken too.

Not a key member of the rogues gallery, but what a look that character had…

Max Shrek should be incorporated into the comics, with his ridiculous Einstein hair and beautiful chalkstripe suits.

When McFarlane eventually gets around to doing Burton figures, I kind of hope he does Christopher Walken too.

Not a key member of the rogues gallery, but what a look that character had…
I know that most of the pre-Nolan era movie characters haven't gotten the 6" figure treatment yet but I'm pretty sure Max Shreck is the only villain from those movies who didn't get a figure at all over the years (not counting the one from the BR Lego set). Hell, even Bob from B89 got a figure.

516TQKeVCwL-2.jpg

It pays to be friends with Jack Nicholson. :o

I know that most of the pre-Nolan era movie characters haven't gotten the 6" figure treatment yet but I'm pretty sure Max Shreck is the only villain from those movies who didn't get a figure at all over the years (not counting the one from the BR Lego set). Hell, even Bob from B89 got a figure.

516TQKeVCwL-2.jpg

It pays to be friends with Jack Nicholson. :o
I liked Tracey Walter's performance but I have to ask myself who the heck would buy an action figure of Bob? Wonder how many it sold?

I liked Tracey Walter's performance but I have to ask myself who the heck would buy an action figure of Bob? Wonder how many it sold?
I guess they made him because they wanted a little more variety than just Batman and Joker to give kids one more bad guy for Batman to beat up. That was also before Kenner took over and started padding out the line with multicolored Batman variants.

He's the Burtonverse's Boba Fett. One day he'll get his own web-original miniseries where it's revealed he survived the gunshot and became a freelance hitman anti-hero.

Interesting to recall that both Burton movies already had their female leads cast and then faced circumstances that forced a recast. I could maybe imagine Sean Young as Vicki Vale, but Bening as Catwoman… I don’t know.

Interesting to recall that both Burton movies already had their female leads cast and then faced circumstances that forced a recast. I could maybe imagine Sean Young as Vicki Vale, but Bening as Catwoman… I don’t know.

Lt. Einhorn was almost Vicki Vale!

To me, she'll always be Rachel in Blade Runner.

...but yes, my first introduction to Sean Young was her as Einhorn lol.

I do actually think she would have been a great Catwoman. But why mess with perfection when you've got the Pfeiffer version. Still, I'd be very curious to visit an alternate reality where Sean Young somehow convinced them to take a chance on her.

I don't think we missed out on anything with Sean Young not playing Catwoman since Pfeiffer knocked it out of the park but I do have to wonder how her take on Vicki Vale would have been in comparison to Basinger's.

I don't think we missed out on anything with Sean Young not playing Catwoman since Pfeiffer knocked it out of the park but I do have to wonder how her take on Vicki Vale would have been in comparison to Basinger's.
I think Basinger did fine work, but it really wasn’t a stand-out performance like Pfeiffer, so I have to imagine that subbing in Young wouldn’t have caused a huge shift one way or the other.

But it is funny to realize that the leading lady recast issue continued into Forever, given that Rene Russo was going to be Keaton’s Chase Meridian before he stepped away.

I think Basinger did fine work, but it really wasn’t a stand-out performance like Pfeiffer, so I have to imagine that subbing in Young wouldn’t have caused a huge shift one way or the other.

But it is funny to realize that the leading lady recast issue continued into Forever, given that Rene Russo was going to be Keaton’s Chase Meridian before he stepped away.
Vicki wasn't exactly the most substantially written character in 89. She mainly screamed and got kidnapped.

I'm just mostly curious if there'd be less screaming if Sean Young played Vicki. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"