The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
04396.jpg

Batman Returns is such a amazing movie...I have always liked it but after watching it last night I am sure its my favorite Batman movie...

I love the way Tim Burton made Batman, so gothic and dark, but at the same time funny and visually stunning.

The chemistry between Selina and Bruce are amazing and I think that Catwomen is really underated in this movie, or in the Batman franchise as a whole...maybe because of the Catwomen movie disaster. Michelle did a amazing job bringing Catwomen to life, she is one of my favorite things about this movie, and also Penguin. the way Tim Burton created him was scary because it was so real. Danny Devto did a great job as well and had some funny lines through out the entire film (I want to fill her void!).

Christopher Walken did a great job aswell...great cast!

Even down to Gotham city...it was amazing. I love the way it snows over Gotham it gives it a very eire but beatiful look. Very Gothic and Dark like Batman should be, not a glitter and dazzle or a futuristic type town like it was in BB...

From the beginning of the movie with the haunting music of Danny Elfman to the ending with the bat signal and Catwomen this movie is truly awesome...I wish that Batman Returns and Tim Burton would get more credit...its not all about BB.

So this is the Official Batman Returns thread! From your favorite moments, to quotes, to your favorite pictures, this is everything Batman Returns.

Six, seven, all good girls go to heaven.

Burton always takes something dark, and still makes it grim but in his own silly whimsy style. Like when Shreck is electrocuted, his corpse is burned to a crisp but his hair and eyes remain. It's dark, but in a Burton way.

I always liked the "4...5...STILL ALIVE!"

Michelle Pfeiffer absolutely owned that character! If anyone could have pulled off a spin-off movie it would have been her!

I would loved to have seen a Burton/Pfeiffer Catwoman spinoff. :up:

Originally Posted by El Payaso
I remember an interview where Michelle Pfeiffer said that her final Catwoman scene was the very first one he had to shoot!!!

I can't believe that was actually her FIRST scene to shoot...that is a testament to her acting abilities because that scene is flawless and really shows both the strength of Catwoman and the vulnerability of Selina Kyle!

Could not agree more, that is incredible.

Wasn't the first scene that Heath Ledger shot as the Joker the interrogation scene? I always find it interesting when directors choose to shoot these types of scenes first instead of letting the actor build up to that particular scene. It really is a testament to the actor. :up:

She really blows me away in that scene... After Heath, she definitely gave the most accomplished bat-villian performance.

Thrilled that she and Burton are working together again 20 years later.

I presonally like this film better than "Batman."

burtongothamlady1.jpg

It makes women feel like women....and the men have no complaints either :cwink:

The artist who made that one really got into line with the retro styles of Returns; it really looks like it could've officially been in the movie...

Did anybody listen to Burton's commertary? Why couldn't WB let him do another one? I enjoyed listening Burton he's funny.

Did anybody listen to Burton's commertary? Why couldn't WB let him do another one?

Wasn't it because of the backlash Returns got? I remember Burton saying he went to the WB offices for a meeting about the third one. He had all these ideas. He said he knew about 20 minutes into the meeting that they didn't want him to do another one and just said it to them.

Yeah. Returns got a backlash for being too dark and too depressing and merchandisers would stay away if the next one would be the same because it had so much stuff not suitable for children, like all the sexuality and the whole thing about murdering kids in the sewers. WB wanted a bright superhero Batman and thats when Schumacher came in

Wasn't it because of the backlash Returns got? I remember Burton saying he went to the WB offices for a meeting about the third one. He had all these ideas. He said he knew about 20 minutes into the meeting that they didn't want him to do another one and just said it to them.

I heard he said that the executives said - and he quoted - : "meeeeh, you don't really want to do a third one, do you?" lol

There was nothing wrong with Returns really. Penguin's mouth with black stuff maybe turned off some people but they should've let him Batman 3. I think Two-Face was the main villain especailly Burton was perfect guy to explore Dent.

Its amazing how audience's sensibilities change. People moaned that Returns was too dark, too depressing and then cheered Schumacher's Barbie doll Batman. Now people hate what Schumacher did and LOVE the dark and depressing TDK

I heard he said that the executives said - and he quoted - : "meeeeh, you don't really want to do a third one, do you?" lol

The executives said that to Burton? Subtle as a brick. That's a bit of a rude way to break it to him.

I would love to have seen another Burton Batman. I also think it would have been interesting to see Burton's take on an origin story. I know Michael Keaton always wanted to do one.

Burton said that in an interview. I think it's on the DVD extras.

I'll have to check it out. I've got them on Blu-Ray so I assume the extras are the same as the DVDs. Do you know which extra it's on by any chance? There's quite a few of them lol.

The extras are the exact same on DVD as the bluerays it may have been the shadow of the bat section I don't really recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"