The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

It's only the first two seasons ('volumes')... probably to entice people to buy the big boxset this Sept/Oct.

I'm sure this has already been talked about in here, but Shirley Walker's score for this series is amazing. I'm surprised they've never done a tour showcasing her music for the show, and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

To nobody's shock, it now says "Late 2018".

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/mobile/#session:109b96a96d3a13134bb655eaefb8a038

Batman: The Animated Series on Blu-ray™

As the most acclaimed superhero animated television series in history, Batman: The Animated Series has captured the imaginations of generations with its innovative designs, perfect voices, and landmark approach to characters and stories. In late 2018, fans will finally be able to enjoy a remastered Blu-ray release from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Join many of the key forces behind Batman: The Animated Series for a celebration of the series and the first announcement of details of the upcoming Blu-ray box set. Panelists include producers Bruce Timm (Batman: The Killing Joke), Alan Burnett (Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay) and Eric Radomski (Batman: Mask of the Phantasm); 8-time Emmy Award-winning voice director Andrea Romano; actors Kevin Conroy, the fan-favorite voice of Batman, and Loren Lester (Rock 'n' Roll High School), voice of Robin; and some other beloved Bat-surprises.

Saturday July 21, 2018 4:15pm - 5:15pm

Room 6DE

Mr. Freeze 1/6 Scale Figure (Mondo Exclusive)

https://mondotees.com/products/mr-freeze-1-6-scale-figure-mondo-exclusive

nxN8MEB.jpg

m08I43b.jpg

oVbb0DP.jpg

wKvuk08.jpg

I just ordered mine... sucks that I have to wait until Spring to get it.

That Freeze figure is incredible! A must have.

Nice cover, but does anyone say deluxe anymore? lol

I'm waiting for the Deluxe Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Limited Edition myself...

Available on October 16
The Blu-Ray is set to drop Oct. 16 and will contain remastered versions of the original 85 episodes that aired between 1992 and 1995. In addition, the collection will also include the 24 episodes of The New Batman Adventures, which was a follow-up to the first show, running from 1997 to 1999. In addition to the discs, fans who purchase the box set will get three Funko figures (Batman, Harley, Joker), cards depicting certain scenes from the show, a behind-the-scenes featurette on the making of the series, and some other awesome goodies.

A8YedYm.jpg

It also includes Mask of the Phantasm and SubZero. That set looks great.

It's worth a look, it's probably the weakest one out of the DCAU flicks though.

Same here, mostly because if you plan on waiting, you might not get a copy...

From the press release:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/4...box-set-blu-ray-collection-arrives-in-october

The box set, which will cost $113, includes 10 Blu-Ray discs featuring all 85 episodes, as well as two bonus discs featuring the films Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero, and features hours of special features and additional entertainment, as well as three exclusive three Funko mini-figurines of Batman, Harley Quinn and The Joker and seven lenticular art cards. Only 30,000 copies of the box set are being produced, 2,000 of which were pre-ordered on Amazon within 24 hours of availability.

It probably shot up to over 5,000 since yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"