The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think it'll be closer than what people think for a few factors:

The weight: JR is going to come in heavier, way heavier than Canelo
The chin: JR can take a punch, he lasted 9 rounds with a full fledged LHW in Fonfara taking punishment. And that was a fat, unmotivated, under trained Chavez.
The trainers: What happened the last time Nacho and Memo Heredia teamed up? Pacquiao got KO'd. Not saying Jr is in the level of Marquez, but right now, Jr is only a pound way from making weight.

From what I've been seeing, the videos, people that have been seeing him train, he's taking this fight serious.
Exactly! He probably knows this is a make or break fight. He's going all out on this one.

I think Jr can win, but it completely depends on if he is drained or not. If he is drained, he is going to get ****ed up.

I think JCC jr has zero chance of winning. If he somehow is in good shape when the bell rings, Canelo wins a decision. If Junior comes in compromised by the weight, it's going to be Angulo Part Two for Alvarez.

Jr is too big to say he has a zero chance imo.

He doesn't have much more than zero if he does have any chance. Junior gets far too much credit in my opinion. Even at his best he was struggling with Andy Lee and lost 11 rounds against a nearly 40 year old Sergio. Not to mention the gift decision against Vera and the fact that he coasted towards the end of the rematch because he ran out of ideas and couldn't knock him out.

In my eyes, Junior is just a big heavy bag for Canelo's combinations.

Unless somehow Nacho has turned him into a Super Middleweight Marquez in preparation for one fight, nothing I have ever seen from JCC jr leads me to believe he can win.

He doesn't have much more than zero if he does have any chance. Junior gets far too much credit in my opinion. Even at his best he was struggling with Andy Lee and lost 11 rounds against a nearly 40 year old Sergio. Not to mention the gift decision against Vera and the fact that he coasted towards the end of the rematch because he ran out of ideas and couldn't knock him out.

In my eyes, Junior is just a big heavy bag for Canelo's combinations.

Unless somehow Nacho has turned him into a Super Middleweight Marquez in preparation for one fight, nothing I have ever seen from JCC jr leads me to believe he can win.
40 year old Sergio was a better boxer then Canelo is. It isn't that Jr is great, it is that Canelo isn't all that great and has some potential problems here. He is smaller, not that fast, not that great in terms of defense and known to get hit.

Last edited:
40 year old Sergio was a better boxer then Canelo is. It isn't that Jr is great, it is that Canelo is all that great and has some potential problems here. He is smaller, not that fast, not that great in terms of defense and known to get hit.
I love Maravilla, but he was not a good technical boxer. Sergio was very athletic, with good movement and a lot of heart. But take away his feet and he doesn't know how to defend. That said even when he was on the inside against JCC jr. he was able to survive, which does not look good for Junior.

Canelo get's clipped on the outside by fast fighters like Lara and Khan, but knows how to handle himself up close. Even when guys like Angulo and Kirkland landed punches against him, Alvarez took a lot off of the punches. Junior's only advantage is size, and I just don't think that will be enough for him.

I love Maravilla, but he was not a good technical boxer. Sergio was very athletic, with good movement and a lot of heart. But take away his feet and he doesn't know how to defend. That said even when he was on the inside against JCC jr. he was able to survive, which does not look good for Junior.

Canelo get's clipped on the outside by fast fighters like Lara and Khan, but knows how to handle himself up close. Even when guys like Angulo and Kirkland landed punches against him, Alvarez took a lot off of the punches. Junior's only advantage is size, and I just don't think that will be enough for him.

After that fight with JCC Jr, he was never the same. There are weight classes for a reason. Canelo is nowhere near as mobile as Sergio and I'm sure Julio is going to come in as a cruiserweight. If they happen to exchange blows in the middle of the ring, I can see Canelo getting hurt. Plus, people are talking about JCC's weight but his height will also come into play. He's 6'1 and Canelo is 5'9.......allegedly. There are way to many variables for Chavez to have zero chance. I actually think this is a 55-45 fight.

I agree, I don't think it'll be a breeze for Canelo, although I think he'll win. In spite of his flaws, one thing Chavez does have is a granite chin & ability to work the body. It's really his own fault and lack of work ethic as to why he's not a bigger star.

I don't know, I think Chavez eventually fades as he gets into deeper water, but he'll have some moments...

Canelo doesn't need to move like Sergio to win. Junior had trouble finding Lee and Vera; Canelo is a sturdier guy than either of them with a vastly superior offense. His power is much better than Vera's and his punch variety is much much better than Lee's.

If you come forward in straight lines with a high guard, like Junior does, Canelo does whatever he wants. Size is not enough for JCC jr.

Canelo hits big for his weight class, but his weight class is pretty far under Jr's. On the HBO Boxing podcast they mentioned that is Jr doesn't even try to fight from the outside, he is foolish. I agree with this. His length is so much greater then Canelo's.

Canelo hits big for his weight class, but his weight class is pretty far under Jr's. On the HBO Boxing podcast they mentioned that is Jr doesn't even try to fight from the outside, he is foolish. I agree with this. His length is so much greater then Canelo's.

I listened to the podcast. I agree that fighting from the outside would be the best strategy. Unfortunately for Junior he's not good at it. JCC jr is at his best when his opponent is completely stationary and he can throw his body shots.

I could see Junior maybe having a little success with the jab early on, due to his reach advantage. But that's before Canelo starts getting into a rhythm and starts getting the timing down. At that point Junior will maybe have a few moments where he might hurt Canelo but will basically lose every round.

I listened to the podcast. I agree that fighting from the outside would be the best strategy. Unfortunately for Junior he's not good at it. JCC jr is at his best when his opponent is completely stationary and he can throw his body shots.

I could see Junior maybe having a little success with the jab early on, due to his reach advantage. But that's before Canelo starts getting into a rhythm and starts getting the timing down. At that point Junior will maybe have a few moments where he might hurt Canelo but will basically lose every round.
:up:

One of my favorite podcast.

When it comes down to it Jr has been living off his old man's name and success and doesn't have half of Sr's talent.

That was one of the worst big fights I can remember. Canelo wanted a dead body and he got it. Chavez didn't even try to fight back.

If I never see Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fight again it will be too soon.

My father was rather pissed about this. Haven't seen him this mad since the third Marquez/Pacman decision.

And Canelo will beat Triple G too.

Before the G boys get on me, his ass ran from Ward. Now wait till his ass gets beat by the goddamn cinnamon boy.

And Canelo will beat Triple G too.

Before the G boys get on me, his ass ran from Ward. Now wait till his ass gets beat by the goddamn cinnamon boy.
Canelo may win. But Canelo has been the one running, waiting for GGG to get old.

And G ran from Ward.

Round n round they go. Ward would tear that ass up, mayne. You know this.
Different situation. GGG never went up to 168 and isn't a big middleweight. Canelo went up to 160, won the title, and then decided he was too small. Even as he struggled to cut to 1534. He then fought at 164 tonight.

Ward's size advantage is pretty obvious considering he is now at 175. If Ward have moved down to 160, I am sure GGG would have fought him. But of course Ward couldn't do that.

Well my prediction was way the hell off!

Canelo/GGG is next!!!

Different situation. GGG never went up to 168 and isn't a big middleweight. Canelo went up to 160, won the title, and then decided he was too small. He then fought at 164 tonight.

Ward's size advantage is pretty obvious considering he is now at 175. If Ward have moved down to 160, I am sure GGG would have fought him. But of course Ward couldn't do that.

All that means issh now tho. Fight is signed. Don't dwell on it. And Ward did say he would come down and meet G at any weight class back then. He even showed paper work of an offer he gave to G's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"