The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over!!! What a fight!!!!

Now watch Deontay go in the ring like Fury did and call for a unification fight. :o

Credit to both boxers. No idea how Klitschko didn't go down from that uppercut.

You said he was going to win easy. :funny:

I did but I changed my mind. :o

I would really want to see Tyson Fury come out now. Like him or hate him, dude is a show. Him calling out Deontay was box office gold. :woot:

I use to think Wilder had nothing for Joshua. Now, I am not so sure.

Not going to lie, if they fight tomorrow, I can see Joshua KO'ing Wilder. Wilder really needs to work on his defense. Joshua is getting better, he just needs to work on his wind.

Best value heavyweight PPV in I don't know how long.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a heavyweight fight this much. This is how you imagine a heavyweight championship fight to go; the veteran testing the young star who ultimately overcomes adversity to win.

Good words from Joshua giving props to Klitschko. This is the best sportsmanship between 2 boxers for a while too after a few of the scumbag things some others have said in build ups.

And back from Klitschko saying the best man won. Love these 2. Great night for boxing.

As much as I hate watching Wlad sometimes, his skill level is in a different league than Wilder's.

Not going to lie, if they fight tomorrow, I can see Joshua KO'ing Wilder. Wilder really needs to work on his defense. Joshua is getting better, he just needs to work on his wind.
Honestly, Wilder needs to work on his offense as well. Without his power, Deontay's effectiveness would plummet.

AJ needs to expand his own boxing IQ, but he is technically much tighter than Wilder. And today, he answered a lot of questions about heart.

As much as I hate watching Wlad sometimes, his skill level is in a different league than Wilder's.

Honestly, Wilder needs to work on his offense as well. Without his power, Deontay's effectiveness would plummet.

AJ needs to expand his own boxing IQ, but he is technically much tighter than Wilder. And today, he answered a lot of questions about heart.
Isn't that the thing though? Wilder does have his power. And well Joshua's defense didn't really look legit tonight. If Wilder caught him once, it would get really interesting.

Wlad is smart, but he is also 41 years old and looked it tonight.

Hell of a fight. Credit to both!

Father time just caught up to Wlad. A young version would've beat AJ.

IMO a Wilder/AJ fight is a toss up.

Hell of a fight. Credit to both!

Father time just caught up to Wlad. A young version would've beat AJ.

IMO a Wilder/AJ fight is a toss up.

A Wlad at his peak would definitely have won today. But AJ is still a very inexperienced heavyweight who's hardly done any rounds altogether in his pro career. Will be interesting to see where he is in in a few years time after they get achance to address the weaknesses he's shown today.

And if it happened tomorrow I'd also have no idea who would win out of Joshua Wilder.

Isn't that the thing though? Wilder does have his power. And well Joshua's defense didn't really look legit tonight. If Wilder caught him once, it would get really interesting.

Wlad is smart, but he is also 41 years old and looked it tonight.
The same could be said the other way. These are big guys; chins don't really matter with super heavyweights. Anyone can get knocked out up there.

Wlad has elite power with a better skill set to back it up. Even though he's old he was very prepared for this fight, looking more authoritative than he has in years.

Wilder has gotten more careful at this point in his career that he's not throwing much unless the opponent is wide open. He doesn't create many openings and it allows guys like Washington to spoil their way through a fight until the power evens the odds.

So basically Wilder's power will always be an equalizer, but I would still favor Joshua if they fought.

Damn! Upset I missed this, I honestly didn't think it would be a good fight...

Terrific fight. Wasn't sure if Joshua was going to get a second wind. Most drama I felt watching a heavyweight fight in a long time.

That uppercut AJ gave to Wlad would've flattened a baby rhino.

Excellent HW contest, up until the 11th I thought it should be pretty even on the scorecards with AJ winning the majority of the opening 5 rounds & Klitschko winning the majority of the next 5 before the finish.

I thought AJ was done after he knocked Wlad down & didn't get the finish he looked exhausted for at least the 6th, 7th & 8th allowing Klitschko to really start pumping out his jab out taking control of the 2nd half of the fight. AJ did recover though when Wlad himself started to tire & he started to come on stronger in 10 & obviously 11 before he finished him.

Oh guy's home broadcasters said Aj was up on 2 of the judges cards going into the 11th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"