The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't catch that mate. but I would say AJ won 2 of the three early rounds and the knockdown in the 5th.

Wlad won knockdown 6th, 7th,8th and 9th I'd say.

I think one judge had it 96-93 for Joshua, another one 95-93 for Joshua, and one judge had it 95-93 Klitschko.

I'll need to rewatch the fight again, usually replays on Sky Sports a week after an event if I recall.

Those cards I suppose are fair as there were some close rounds, I'd have probably had it 94-94, I think Klitschko only won 1 round from 1-5 & I think Joshua only won 1 round from 6-10. Those last 2 rounds were going to be a decider for me had it went the distance.

Joshua grew tonight. He was shaken and on the way out but soaked it for a couple of rounds and came back.

He is by no means great but he did well.

All 3 judges were foreign though including the ref. 2 judges were American and the other was Puerto Rican.

I also think AJ won 3 of the first 5 rounds as well as the knockdown in the 5th.

Wlad won the 6th (knockdown) 7th,8th and 9th.

All 3 judges were foreign though including the ref. 2 judges were American and the other was Puerto Rican.

I also think AJ won 3 of the first 5 rounds as well as the knockdown in the 5th.

Wlad won the 6th (knockdown) 7th,8th and 9th.

What was your score before the knock out? :argh:

Honestly I had AJ winning by a single round but if Wlad won I'd have no complaints.

still one of the best fights Ive seen in the past few years

especially in a heavyweight division that hasn't been relevant in the mainstream in forever

What a fight! Best heavyweight fight in years.

People criticising Joshua haven't got a clue. This fight was his first real test, thanks to his promoters... Wlad may be 41, but he's a hall of famer with unbelievable conditioning and vast experience.

The fact that Joshua was rocked, but showed the heart and intelligence to fight back and alter his tactics... then absolutely annihilate Wlad in the 11th is very impressive.

AJ will dominate the heavyweight division for years to come. No one currently fighting will touch him. It's maybe unfortunate for him that the division isn't what it used to be because no matter what he does people will hold that against him.

I'd love to see him destroy Wilder (and he would comfortably). And I'd love to see that fat coked up pikey Fury get back into shape just so Joshua can spark him out as well.

Joshua took that shot in the 6th, recovered well, and took it to Klitschko in the 10th and 11th

My oga Femi does it again. Knew he'd win but didn't expect to go all the way to the 11th round.

Joshua learned more from this fight and we learned more about him than the previous eighteen.

The best and most important thing we learn't was:

A) He can take a punch and come back up

B) He can adjust mid way into the fight

C) He NEVER should come in at 18 stones ever again. 17stones should be where he should campaign at. It still retains his devastating power but he'll be lighter and a bit more quicker,.

The weight was the one red flag before the fight. I didn't know the fight would turn out like this but I didn't like his weight upon hearing it.

Yeah he came in at his heaviest since turning pro. Look at Wlad at 41 he came in 10lbs lighter than AJ.

Hopefully in the coming year they realise that there's no need for him to pile on more mass.

Agree with both of you. That extra weight effected his stamina. But then so did his naivety in the 5th. He won't make that mistake again which is why I think he dominates the division for a long time.

When was the last big heavyweight fight that was this entertaining? I mean the Dillian Whyte Vs Chisora fight was a hilarious all out punchup where they were both on the verge of knocking each other out every round but I wouldn't say there was much quality there.

I think one judge had it 96-93 for Joshua, another one 95-93 for Joshua, and one judge had it 95-93 Klitschko.

To be honest a lot of the rounds were close and hard to call. In that kind of fight a bit of deviation between judges wouldn't surprise me. I just hate it when we get this kind of spread when it's clear what happened.

Canelo v Chavez jr tomorrow night guy's. I'm going for Canelo to put in a world of hurt for fatty.

Jr looked real drained at the last press conference. Lets see how he looks at the weigh in today.

I think Canelo will win but would not be shocked at all if JCC Jr. pulls the upset. The fight will be a lot more closer than people realize because Canelo is not a mover like Sergio was.

Yeah, I think it'll be closer than what people think for a few factors:

The weight: JR is going to come in heavier, way heavier than Canelo
The chin: JR can take a punch, he lasted 9 rounds with a full fledged LHW in Fonfara taking punishment. And that was a fat, unmotivated, under trained Chavez.
The trainers: What happened the last time Nacho and Memo Heredia teamed up? Pacquiao got KO'd. Not saying Jr is in the level of Marquez, but right now, Jr is only a pound way from making weight.

From what I've been seeing, the videos, people that have been seeing him train, he's taking this fight serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"